[GEN III] Mystery Gift Tool - Nintendo Events, Wondercards, e-Trainer cards and e-Berry editor (and more!)

suloku

7 minutes ago, Hide said:

I would recommend you download the file again. Because AVs usually remove the "infected" original files and replace them with a dummy that doesn't work.

¿Compressed or decompressed?

Hello :)

I've injected the unofficial Old Sea Map event into my American Emerald and it doesn't seem to be working. The lady in Lilycove doesn't recognize that I have it. I injected it on a save file that I had already used pkhex on to add the Old Sea Map if that matters.

Thanks

5 hours ago, bombchu said:

Hello :)

I've injected the unofficial Old Sea Map event into my American Emerald and it doesn't seem to be working. The lady in Lilycove doesn't recognize that I have it. I injected it on a save file that I had already used pkhex on to add the Old Sea Map if that matters.

Thanks

If you injected the event, you need to talk to the delivery person at the second level of the Pokémon center first.

13 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

If you injected the event, you need to talk to the delivery person at the second level of the Pokémon center first.

Hi, thanks :)

She just says "Thank you for using the MYSTERY GIFT System." Could it be because I already have the Old Sea Map in my inventory?

17 minutes ago, bombchu said:

Hi, thanks :)

She just says "Thank you for using the MYSTERY GIFT System." Could it be because I already have the Old Sea Map in my inventory?

Yes, remove the item from your inventory and you should be able to receive it from the delivery girl. After that you should be able to actually use the item in Lilycove.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackShark said:

Yes, remove the item from your inventory and you should be able to receive it from the delivery girl. After that you should be able to actually use the item in Lilycove.

That did the trick :) Thanks so much!

• Ditto 1

• 1 month later...

Hi I have a question,I have a german pokemon fire red can i still use the english events so i can get the mystic ticket? If yes can this corrupt my save game or the game itself?

Edited by Santoz

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 8:45 AM, Santoz said:

Hi I have a question,I have a german pokemon fire red can i still use the english events so i can get the mystic ticket? If yes can this corrupt my save game or the game itself?

You can use the english events, in fact we have reports from mexico, were the games were sold in english and the event there was held in english, that it could be received in spanish cartridges (the event being still in english). The reason is because mexican people often imported spanish language games from europe.

We also tested this with a different event rom. Only incompatibility is japanese<->other languages.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:58 PM, suloku said:

You can use the english events, in fact we have reports from mexico, were the games were sold in english and the event there was held in english, that it could be received in spanish cartridges (the event being still in english). The reason is because mexican people often imported spanish language games from europe.

We also tested this with a different event rom. Only incompatibility is japanese<->other languages.

Thx dude ^^

• 2 weeks later...

You would need to recompile it into x86. Going forward after this year that probably won't be possible, but for now it should work.

You will need visual studio 2019 community. Download the source from GitHub. Then open it with visual studio. Go to the configuration manager and change it to x86. Then hit build. Pkhex.exe is in the bin folder (or search for it).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!I found randomly this topic and as a beginner I would like to ask you some things.I have an ez flash omega and I want to put in it as more secret tickets(mysticticket,aurora ticket,old sea map) as I can for pokemon gen3.I downloaded this mystery gift tool 0.1e and I made a random folder on my desktop of my PC but when I press "load save file" and choose my empty folder I cannot use it for going on the process.Can you explain to me what happens?I'm sorry for my ignorance.

43 minutes ago, jimaws1 said:

Oh I think that I have confused..I undestood that in this empty file I put the codes of each event that I want.How can I create this save file?

The save file is created by the game, it's where your games progress gets stored. If you are playing on your Ez Flash the save file should be somewhere on its SD card. Usually the file ends with .sav and has a size of 128KB.

2 hours ago, jimaws1 said:

Νο I'm playing on my actual cartridge.So how can I transfer my save file to my pc?

Ok, I got confused because you mentioned the Ez Flash.

I only know one way to get a save file from an actual game cart. It requires an NDS Lite and an NDS Flashcard, or a Retron 5. Check the tutorial below.

1 hour ago, jimaws1 said:

This is very helpful video!When I inject my event and save it into my loaded save file,then how can I restore my save game to the GBA cartridge?

Check step 4 "To restore an edited save back to the cartridge, click "R" until the "Save Backup" section changes to "Save Restore"", you should then be able to select the save file you want to restore to the cart from the SD card.

So then I eject my SD card from my flash cart(of NDS) and I put it in the ez-flash omega in order to transfer my event from the gba sp with the omega flash cart to the other gba sp with my actual game through mystery gift if I understand correctly.

Edited by jimaws1

14 hours ago, jimaws1 said:

So then I eject my SD card from my flash cart(of NDS) and I put it in the ez-flash omega in order to transfer my event from the gba sp with the omega flash cart to the other gba sp with my actual game through mystery gift if I understand correctly.

I am confused.

You said you are using an actual game cart instead of the Ez Flash, so what do you need the Ez for?

You have to:

1 - Backup the save file from your cart with GBA Backup Tool

2 - Inject the event you want to said save file with Mystery Gift Tool

3 - Restore the save file in the actual cart with GBA Backup Tool

That's it

Firstly,I thought that I need two gba sp,two adaptors,an ez-flash omega,my actual game.So before I obtain my events to the ez flash(in order to transfer them to the other gba sp through mystery gift),I need to create this save file which demands a NDS and a DS flash card for using the GBA Backup Tool.Therefore as you tell me I don't need the ez flash omega for tranferring my events but I need to edit my save file.It's simpler than I thought.

Edited by jimaws1

Also I think that there is an issue with the GBA Backup Tool.If I have saved my file with the event inside,I need to have the R4 connected to the NDS all the time for having the event unlocked right?So when I eject my actual cartridge from NDS(with R4) then I return to my initial save file.Is it true?