[GEN III] Mystery Gift Tool - Nintendo Events, Wondercards, e-Trainer cards and e-Berry editor (and more!)

suloku

11 hours ago, ajxpk said:

Why you're asking the same question in two different threads?

10 hours ago, fabio00 said:

The only way to get Eon Ticket in Emerald is mixing records with a R/S that got the ticket from the e-Reader or event. 

Thank you for me to answer. I should have asked from the beginning.

Edited by BloodBird

• 3 weeks later...

So I joined this forum because of this thread as this topic fascinates me, however I have no idea how to get this to work on an actual cartridge. I only play on cartridges and never emulators. I have UK Ruby, Emerald, Fire Red and Leaf Green. I also recently picked up a 3DS. Can anyone help a complete newbie out on this matter?

Edited by Nostalgia

13 minutes ago, Nostalgia said:

So I joined this forum because of this thread as this topic fascinates me, however I have no idea how to get this to work on an actual cartridge. I only play on cartridges and never emulators. I have UK Ruby, Emerald, Fire Red and Leaf Green. I also recently picked up a 3DS. Can anyone help a complete newbie out on this matter?

Long story short, you need a way to dump and restore save files of your GBA carts.

While there's other hardware to connect your cart to your PC, the most common method I think requires:
1. NDS (not 3DS) that has the slot for your GBA cart,
2. a NDS flashcart
3. Homebrew game (which is a save manager)

we have a guide on our forum on specifically how to dump GBA games.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2016 at 6:17 PM, suloku said:

Please, always keep a backup of your savegames!

To know where this comes from, please read this thread: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46883-GEN-3-Mystery-Gift-Research

PC Version: https://github.com/suloku/wc-tool/releases/

GC/Wii Homebrew: https://github.com/suloku/gba-link-cable-dumper/releases/

NDS Homebrew: https://github.com/suloku/savegame-manager/releases/

e-Reader savegames for Eon Ticket transfer (all regions) via Link Cable with real hardware: EON_ticket_ereader_savegames.zip
EON_TICKETS.thumb.png.12ccb3a455327e67b8f4145c9b71152c.png

7d81f1b02f.png

57e008baa2.png

Sorry, I can't make a propper post right now. I'll try to get this decent tomorrow. There are some readme included.

FAQ:

Q: What's the diference between using any of these injection apps and sending my cartridge to nintendo?

A: None.

Q: I have a ESP/GER/ITA/FRE game. If I inject the USA Mystic ticket, will this be legit?

A: All evidence suggests that the USA Wondercard distributions were compatible with all non-japanese games. Game release dates make it also technically possible to have received an Emerald Mystic ticket on an European game, and we know the USA Aurora Ticket distribution device is compatible with European games (but it only distributed the english wondercard, fully opetational though).

- USA and UK games are the very same game rom, so all the english events apply to both, regarless of being European or USA.

- The spanish Emerald Aurora ticket wondercard is fine, Nintendo messed up and left Vermillion city instead of updating the wondercard text to Hoenn. The event was never done in Spain, but it could be received at other countries if you used the spanish cart, so it is totally legit, so don't worry, nintendo was very sloppy with this.

- Nintendo also messed up the german Eon Ticket (there is photo proof from oficial german distribution that this was already known).

EON_TICKETS.png

EON_ticket_ereader_savegames.zip

According with this post I sent you an e-mail with a little information about the "Mystic Ticket TGC World Championship 2005", I have that WC3 file and is the same information in comparation with the others "Mystic Ticket" files. some weeks ago I found the gba file for this Wonder Card, I mean the distribution cartridge as gba file.

2 hours ago, AlexG93 said:

According with this post I sent you an e-mail with a little information about the "Mystic Ticket TGC World Championship 2005", I have that WC3 file and is the same information in comparation with the others "Mystic Ticket" files. some weeks ago I found the gba file for this Wonder Card, I mean the distribution cartridge as gba file.

Sounds like it could be an Aurora Ticket ROM with the Mystic Ticket .wc3 injected. Does the ROM you found have a select screen for different variations of the Mystic Ticket or is it just the TCG World Championships 2005 one?

17 hours ago, AlexG93 said:

I've been a little away lately, I've replied to your email. It would be great if we could have access to the event wondercard to check it and the event rom would be really amazing. Even if you don't want to make the rom public, it would be really helpful if you would allow us to check all it's contents in private, specially if it is compatible with non english games and if the rom hides different versions of the wondercard or other secrets.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cerno said:

Does anyone have a collection of e-Reader card trainers, as in the ect files to put into my Emerald game? Because i couldn't find any ?.

Thanks!

The download file includes the officiam trainer and berry files ready to inject.

2 hours ago, suloku said:

I've been a little away lately, I've replied to your email. It would be great if we could have access to the event wondercard to check it and the event rom would be really amazing. Even if you don't want to make the rom public, it would be really helpful if you would allow us to check all it's contents in private, specially if it is compatible with non english games and if the rom hides different versions of the wondercard or other secrets.

The download file includes the officiam trainer and berry files ready to inject.

I apologize about the rom. That information is for Aura Mew and 10ANNIV Cartridge

Edit: Recently I found the Cartridge distribution for Shiny Zigzagoon (UK) and Aurora Ticket (US)

In the case of Trainers (ect) and Berries (ecb) I have those files to inject (I don't know if they have compatibility with Emerald version) and save files to use with e-Card rom to transfer the trainer and berry to Ruby and Sapphire.

Edited by AlexG93
Adding information

On 28/02/2018 at 5:46 PM, suloku said:

The trainer files included for your program are all bin, not ect and they won't inject.?

On 3.3.2018 at 9:58 PM, Jimmy Cerno said:

The trainer files included for your program are all bin, not ect and they won't inject.?

You could just rename them from bin to ect, but actually the files inside the tools download package are already named correctly.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I am a little late to the party on this one but I got a problem with trying to launch Mystery Gift Tool and Gen3 Event Tool. My computer is telling me that it cannot execute either program from Winrar. When I try to drag them onto my desktop, It is telling me that I need permission to do that.

This is the first time that I need permission to move anything onto my hard drive. I should mention too that Chrome and Bitdefender tried to stop the download process (Bitdefender let me download it but Chrome always stops it) so I went through Microsoft Edge. Is there something I can do to fix this?

5 hours ago, GuardianOfExile said:

I think I am a little late to the party on this one but I got a problem with trying to launch Mystery Gift Tool and Gen3 Event Tool. My computer is telling me that it cannot execute either program from Winrar. When I try to drag them onto my desktop, It is telling me that I need permission to do that.

This is the first time that I need permission to move anything onto my hard drive. I should mention too that Chrome and Bitdefender tried to stop the download process (Bitdefender let me download it but Chrome always stops it) so I went through Microsoft Edge. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Almost all nonsigned .NET programs will false positive as a virus. You will have to exempt it of recompile and self sign (difficult to do).

• 4 weeks later...

Why does the tool say the file from my VC save is invalid? How do I get it to load? Is it another where I have to convert the file size? My saves are 64k and only 124 bit will open. Even the emulator won't open my GBA VC save though so how can it be made to work?

Edited by BlueBraviary

• 4 weeks later...

hello
i've been trying to use the tv and swarm function of the application
however, all i get is this message:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the  application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the  application will close immediately.  

Value of '51387' is not valid for 'value'. 'value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.

Parameter name: Value.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '51387' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at WC3_TOOL.TV_editor.load_outbreak()
   at WC3_TOOL.TV_editor.load_show()
   at WC3_TOOL.TV_editor.load_data()
   at WC3_TOOL.TV_editor..ctor(SAV3 save)
   at WC3_TOOL.MainScreen.Tvswarm_butClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3110.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WC3_TOOL
    Assembly Version: 1.0.6159.33299
    Win32 Version: 1.0.6159.33299
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Juanito/Desktop/Mystery%20Gift%20Tool%200.1d.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3110.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

im new to the forums and the use of this kind of applications in general (i just made this account to ask for this especifically), so excuse me if i break any rules.

EDIT: i made some tests with other save files i had laying around/ downloaded from internet and they seemed to work just fine (all of the tests were on save files from pokemon sapphire and emerald; the one that does not work is an emerald save as well.

i still have no idea what keeps me from using the application

Edited by eon_star_24

• 6 months later...