[GEN III] Mystery Gift Tool - Nintendo Events, Wondercards, e-Trainer cards and e-Berry editor (and more!)

suloku

Dear suloku, 

Is it possible for you to make a standalone, emulatable gba multiboot/e-reader ".mb" version of this tool with a similar header to Martin Korth's "magic floor" gba game, that when used as a slot 2 cart in a JP DPPT/HGSS, activates the Azure flute wondercard?

I don't know why my builds trigger some anti-virus, this happened too with a different program. It might be because I use sharpdevelop and I should really switch to visual studio, but I don't have the hard disk space to properly install it (I know disk space shouldn't be a problem nowadays, but my computer has been runing for almost 8 years now and I don't really have any need for upgrade it and disk cleaning is a tedious task after that much time).

EDIT: I've just found out my antivirus (AVG) updated last week and now it also recognizes the program as malware, which is kind of anoying.

On 2/4/2017 at 6:19 PM, No.one said:

Will the flag that's normally only enabled in the Japanese version dissappear after you pick the ticket up from the guy in blue on the second floor of a pokemon center?
I previously thought it did, but after checking it myself, it doesn't!

Would taking the "Eon Ticket - RS - (e-card).me3" and changing the distribution counter from 30 to 0, and then editing the Mystic Ticket wondercard and changing everywhere "Mystic" shows up to "Eon" do that? Would you be able to pick it up from your Dad at the gym just like it R/S? o:
The RS version of the ticket is different because Emerald has different flags (the same applies to wondercards and FRLG).

Also, how do you make custom scripts if you want to? What's the difference between .script files and XSE files?
XSE is a script editor, but it is meant for GBA roms, not standalone scripts as needed for wondercards. .script files are just the "bare" script data in the wondercard, "XSE files" are the same as .script files but padded so they can be easily open in XSE and also so you can make your own scripts from scratch on XSE a little more easy, but since XSE is still meant for ROMS it's a little convoluted. You may read this post by PurpleOrange: 

Here's a shareable wondercard for the Eon Ticket (both japanese and non-japanese versions). I've checked and apparently the game clears that flag by itself after giving you the Eon ticket, but I scripted the wondercard so it will deliberately clear that flag if you speak to the man in blue after receiving the ticket (just in case you are worried). Check included readme for more detailed information, but as summary using this wondercard should yield the same results as record mixing, except that you are not record mixing, so if you never record mixed you could tell due to lacking any sort of record mixing data that the eon ticket wasn't obtained the standard way.

The recommended way to obtain Eon Ticket in Emerald should be record mixing from R/S or a japanese emerald (jap R/S can't record mix with non-jap emerald), which can be done with VBA. This wondercard is just some proof of concept or for people who don't care about the savedata not having 100% legit data.

Emerald_EON_ticket_wondercard (CUSTOM).zip

EDIT: I finally went and uploaded the Eon Ticket savegames for e-reader, they are in the first post.

On 4/4/2017 at 6:34 PM, suloku said:

I don't know why my builds trigger some anti-virus, this happened too with a different program. It might be because I use sharpdevelop and I should really switch to visual studio, but I don't have the hard disk space to properly install it (I know disk space shouldn't be a problem nowadays, but my computer has been runing for almost 8 years now and I don't really have any need for upgrade it and disk cleaning is a tedious task after that much time).

EDIT: I've just found out my antivirus (AVG) updated last week and now it also recognizes the program as malware, which is kind of anoying.

I'm sure you already do, however remember to backup! after 8 years you must have a lot of data you can't replace.

Also just to provide some feedback Sophos Antivirus now also flags it up as a trojan and Google Chrome blocks the download as malicious (this will cause problems for any site hosting a mirror) obviously a false positive, however just letting you know.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:22 PM, ajxpk said:

3rd Gen Mystery Gifts have different Trash Bytes as well which is the data that was on the Rom located after the Script and was just copied and pasted with it. There is no way these Trash Bytes can be reconstructed, so we definitely would have to collect those missing Mystery Gifts.

Regarding the missing Mystic Ticket Wonder Cards... the case is clear with TCG World Championships 2005 but the Pokemon Rocks 2005 header remains unknown. Would be kinda nice to have it and if it's just at least for the Bulbapedia article...
Let's hope a miracle happens over the time.

We also don't know if the San Diego Comic Con Mystic Ticket had its own header. Though considering we collected one that doesn't specify a date or event, maybe it didn't.

They have no purpose (hence why they are called trash bytes) but ultimately form part of the event, so without them you know the event isn't the original. This also prevebts propper recreation.

You could do something similar that is the same in all in-game implications, but it would still not be the real deal, which is what we ultimately want in event preservation.

I.E morpheo made years ago AR codes for custom wondercards to enable the events, and you get the same 100% legit pokemon (except for mew since he didn't make jap codes) but the goal here is to have the real stuff or we would just use the existing AR codes that enable the events.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 6:09 PM, No.one said:

@sulokuHas the e-Reader version of the Eon Ticket in the official event folder been modified / is it somehow a bad rip? I injected it into my USA Ruby save and the script is a bit messed up. Or, is this actually how it is supposed to be and Nintendo made a mistake when they created it?

Edit: Uploaded a better picture.

Eon Ticket.png

yeah, this is how it was officially made, they kinda did a bad job of it idk the reason why (if there even is one)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just tried to download the PC version but my antivirus block him, and if I disable the antivirus, google chrome block it too..

Same thing for the source code on github...

Otherwise I can download the nds and wii version without problems, but the fact is that I got a dsi and no cable to use the tool on my wii, then the only other way is emulation...

Any idea?

• 5 weeks later...

Hello. I tried to export a pre-existing script (from the semi-official Old Sea Map WC3) to translate the text strings in it. But as I understood reading here, the XSE .sav file can't be re-imported directly (invalid file size). I tried to follow what PurpleOrange said about creating a blank script and all those things, but I don't get it. So I'm giving up for the moment, but I have a question :

Will we be able to use the XSE import function more easily soon ? Because I can't even import a file I just exported, even if I didn't touch it.

I have this issue. Every time I want to download Mystery.Gift.Tool.0.1d.zip, a warning Google Chrome mini-window appears saying that the file is malicious. Is there any way to download it without risks? Thanks in advance.^_^

• 3 weeks later...

@suloku I know that not much is happening in the thread, and the project is pretty much over, but I'm hoping to get some help. I really want to inject a custom Altering Cave Wondercard into Emerald and Leafgreen. I saw earlier in the thread something about injecting a script, but I don't know how to make one, and can't find one that's already been made. I saw that there were plans to try to make a Wondercard for it at some point, but not really sure what's up with that. Is there any way to make this work? Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Is this thread still alive? Sorry, I have a question. I really need your help.

Can I use e-Reader mode in the Pokemon Emerald US version?

In the Pokemon Emerald Japan version, If it was not connected to anything, the mystery gift menu will be in e-Reader mode.

But In the US version, If it was not connected to anything, The mystery gift menu just outputs a message; The Wireless Adapter is not connected. So I can't read e-Reader data from US Emerald.

Stupidly I struggled all day with this problem. Cause I saw a post from another site that someone could get an Eon ticket from the US Emerald to the E-reader.

Am I being deceived? Help me. :/

Edited by BloodBird

7 hours ago, BloodBird said:

I saw a post from another site that someone could get an Eon ticket from the US Emerald to the E-reader.

Am I being deceived? Help me. :/

The only way to get Eon Ticket in Emerald is mixing records with a R/S that got the ticket from the e-Reader or event.