[GEN III] Mystery Gift Tool - Nintendo Events, Wondercards, e-Trainer cards and e-Berry editor (and more!)

suloku

it's A-okay. Where do you go in sapphire to get the tickets? I don't see anyone upstairs like in E/FR so I don't know if it's an error or if I just don't know where to go.

You need to go to the gym in petalburg city and talk to your father to enable the event.

This is how it was before the wondercards.

Maybe I should add a simple text pointing where to go after the event is injected, just like the original distribution device.

You need to go to the gym in petalburg city and talk to your father to enable the event.

This is how it was before the wondercards.

Maybe I should add a simple text pointing where to go after the event is injected, just like the original distribution device.

Probably a good idea, I don't think most people are familiar with the actual events. I know I personally only ever used gameshark to cheat the item in and not start the event. Don't be discouraged though, this is something I've been looking for for at least 7 years now, I just wish there were more wonder cards available. Do you want me to test all the .me3s in the folder or just the ones I see on the DS version?

Also, as something pedantic: on the change cart screen on the NDS version the US spelling is ruby and sapphire, rather than rubi and saphire.

EDIT:

Sapphire (All Eon)

PC

E-Card: PASS

ENG_UK: PASS

ESP: PASS

FRE: PASS

GER: PASS

ITA: PASS

JPN: PASS (text problems, to be expected)

NDS

Italy: PASS

GCN

Wii

suloku said:
The e-reader was deliverately blocked, so in my opinion they are not legal in any way, but I agree it's fun to mess with these things.

There has been research, done with those 3 missing pokemon, it can be done with emulators on any region right now, I can't find the thread though. There were even some savegames to get those last shadow pokemon.

I found a video on YouTube. The guy used a custom GameCube Action Replay code to get into the room using an English save. He then claimed you could scan the cards in as long as you were using a Japanese E-reader +

Description

(Real Hardware, Released Cards Only) *The video is 720p, Youtube is just taking a while.

Battling against all e-Reader cards, including the promotional ones.

Includes snagging the three bonus shadow Pokemon, as well showing them after purification is complete.

The only cheating method used was through an Action Replay, to grant access to the eternally-locked e-Reader room.

All cards are physical and were scanned by the method explained at the introduction of the video.

This video was made in part to help out The Cutting Room Floor. I love Pokemon Colosseum dearly and I wanted to help find out more about what rested in hiding on the international versions. I was enamored with the e-Reader content as a child, and since we never got it in the states, it's amazing to be able to finally experience something my younger self could only dream of doing.

Thanks to Genius Sonority for making the Orre games, and Pokemon Center Italy for holding the auction for, and flawlessly shipping the e-reader cards.

This video only covers what the physical cards can access- I am aware there is more content-- I don't know how to get to that, though.

If someone were to find a way to print the dot codes necessary to access the 21st battle card (Only 20 battle cards were released, not including the arena cards or the two promotional cards.), I would be able to scan it.

A lot of work and time went into this big project (as well as one failed attempt- recordings got corrupted, and I had to make a fresh save and start over to clear the scanning board), and by sheer determination, it now exists. I hope you enjoy it!

I'll be testing this out myself, hopefully sometime soon using my own cards. No emulators.

Edited by HaxAras

0.1d:

- Added Mystic Ticket for FRLG to event distributor. Thanks Maveos!

- Added another version of Mystic Ticket for Emerald to the package. Thanks Maveos!

- Added shareable versions of the two previous wondercards.

- TV and Swarm Record Mixing TID now shows in decimal.

I'll try to address the japanese ECB bugs at a later point.

I'll try to update the GC/WII and NDS versions too, not sure if I'll be able to get them fully bugfixed.

Thank you, I've updated the file.

Also, I've updated the GC/Wii version and enabled the Mystic tickets for all non-jap games. Hopefully also fixed the bugs for incorrect WC injection. Now onto the DS version.

EDIT: NDS version updated, waiting for reports to see if the wrong ticket injection problem was fixed. Make sure to use this file: https://github.com/suloku/savegame-manager/releases/download/0.2/wc-event-tool-nds_11nov2016.zip

NDS Tool still injects Aurora Ticket into English Emerald! Now could you give Emerald the option to choose which Mystic Ticket card is injected? Kinda weird only having the TCG World Championships 2005 card when FRLG gets the one that doesn't specify a date or event.

I'm sorry I haven't yet been able to address this as I haven't had the time to modify the code to test the code for english games with my spanish cartridges. I have checked the code though, and I can't see any of the mistakes that would explain that behavior. The selection code seems to be fine for english emerald: option 1 injects aurora, option 2 injects mystic. I checked the embedded tickets and they are fine. I'll try to test and fix asap.

ps: about the TGC, it was the only one we had. On next update I'll change it to the "standard" version, and I'll add all versions we have (also for japanese tickets) on another update.

I'm sorry I haven't yet been able to address this as I haven't had the time to modify the code to test the code for english games with my spanish cartridges. I have checked the code though, and I can't see any of the mistakes that would explain that behavior. The selection code seems to be fine for english emerald: option 1 injects aurora, option 2 injects mystic. I checked the embedded tickets and they are fine. I'll try to test and fix asap.

ps: about the TGC, it was the only one we had. On next update I'll change it to the "standard" version, and I'll add all versions we have (also for japanese tickets) on another update.

No, I meant it still injects both cards properly. I even tested it again just to confirm.

Remembering back to when we started with lostaddict making a tool, he had gotten the altering cave event working. Is there a way to inject that event with your editor suloku? Because that would be a nice event to use even if it wasn't ever officially distributed.

Cockatoo2 said:
Remembering back to when we started with lostaddict making a tool, he had gotten the altering cave event working. Is there a way to inject that event with your editor suloku? Because that would be a nice event to use even if it wasn't ever officially distributed.

I think that would be pretty awesome as well. I don't know if that would be considered legit or not. I know you can currently do it using Triggers PC. I just like catching Pokemon with unique or rare caught locations. (It would be awesome to have a "Hatched on Mirage Island" Pokemon)

Edited by HaxAras

I think that would be pretty awesome as well. I don't know if that would be considered legit or not. I know you can currently do it using Triggers PC. I just like catching Pokemon with unique or rare caught locations. (It would be awesome to have a "Hatched on Mirage Island" Pokemon)

It probably wouldn't be legit since the event wasn't officially given out but who knows. I just hope it is possible that we can do this.

Cockatoo2 said:
It probably wouldn't be legit since the event wasn't officially given out but who knows. I just hope it is possible that we can do this.

Currently, I'd suggest just going with Triggers PC.

I tend to keep my stuff organized in a way that makes sure nothing gets mixed up. Events I know are legit/got myself are in one section. Replica's and reverse engineered Pokemon are kept in separate saves. Questionable stuff is kept in different boxes from my legit stuff in Pokemon Box.

Edited by HaxAras

Currently, I'd suggest just going with Triggers PC.

I tend to keep my stuff organized in a way that makes sure nothing gets mixed up. Events I know are legit/got myself are in one section. Replica's and reverse engineered Pokemon are kept in separate saves. Questionable stuff is kept in different boxes from my legit stuff in Pokemon Box.

Maybe what we could do is have a page on the tool for like recreated or unofficial events? Like have the altering cave be there or if we are missing an event in a certain language but we remade it for that language, it goes there to. Then people can have it and there is a bit of space separating it.

Cockatoo2 said:
Maybe what we could do is have a page on the tool for like recreated or unofficial events? Like have the altering cave be there or if we are missing an event in a certain language but we remade it for that language, it goes there to. Then people can have it and there is a bit of space separating it.

If I'm not mistaken, there was a section like that for editing E-reader trainers.

I looked at the tool but I couldn't really test it. I took a 6~ month break from Pokemon and now that I'm back, I have to figure out what all these dozens of saves I downloaded are and where they're all stored.

Edited by HaxAras

If I'm not mistaken, there was a section like that for editing E-reader trainers.

I looked at the tool but I couldn't really test it. I took a 6~ month break from Pokemon and now that I'm back, I have to figure out what all these dozens of saves I downloaded are and where they're all stored.

Glad your back to Pokémon. And there might be a way using the tool. Like by custom entering all the information and then if you have the script then just inject the script, and therefore still get the event. But it would just be nice to have the button on tool to have. In the end, it's good to see all the progress that has been made. We have pretty much every ticket event, and really just need the eggs. Which are a bit harder to get but that shouldn't stop us.

Cockatoo2 said:
Glad your back to Pokémon. And there might be a way using the tool. Like by custom entering all the information and then if you have the script then just inject the script, and therefore still get the event. But it would just be nice to have the button on tool to have. In the end, it's good to see all the progress that has been made. We have pretty much every ticket event, and really just need the eggs. Which are a bit harder to get but that shouldn't stop us.

Check/follow the contribution thread. I may have found the wonder card 30 mins. to an hour ago. Just waiting for a response from sulolu and ajxpkm.

Edited by HaxAras

Check/follow the contribution thread. I may have found the wonder card 30 mins. to an hour ago. Just waiting for a response from sulolu and ajxpkm.

That would be amazing if you found one. Then we could just recreate the rest, but to have one legit one, it would be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About custom events: that's why we bothered making an editor! Official WC injecting is a trivial thing, crafting your own is a different matter.

Take a look at this: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46883-GEN-3-Mystery-Gift-Research&p=214201&viewfull=1#post214201

Now, if you open any wondercard with the editor, you'll notice there's a "inject script" button... I wonder which files would that button load?

You'll notice the package already includes an old sea map event in the CUSTOM folder, that's only the english script injeceted on a random wondercard, then the text was edited, all done in 1 minute.

An altering cave wondercard can be made in the same way. That script works the following way: each time you talk with the man in green the pokemon in the cave changes (in a secuential order). Those pokemon are of course illegal, since they were never obtainable in any language with that location, since as far as we know the altering cave event is unreleased.

The whole idea of having wc3 files is so custom events can be done and distributed in the form of easy to inject wc3 files (remember emerald and FRLG are not compatible though). For example, I made a script that enables the in-game event for Eon Ticket in Emerald. The script shows an image of the missing Lati and then enables the flag for that event. Of course that's not the legit way of enabling the event, that would be record mixing, but I made it for fun and test. I'll look for it and upload it as sample.

ps: wondercard e-trainers are impossible to make, morpheos AR codes inject a wondercard and the data for the trainer; the data for the trainer isn't something that gets into the save via wondercard communication. We don't know how that event would have worked or if nintendo scrapped it due to technical difficulties sending all the data.

About custom events: that's why we bothered making an editor! Official WC injecting is a trivial thing, crafting your own is a different matter.

Take a look at this: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46883-GEN-3-Mystery-Gift-Research&p=214201&viewfull=1#post214201

Now, if you open any wondercard with the editor, you'll notice there's a "inject script" button... I wonder which files would that button load?

You'll notice the package already includes an old sea map event in the CUSTOM folder, that's only the english script injeceted on a random wondercard, then the text was edited, all done in 1 minute.

An altering cave wondercard can be made in the same way. That script works the following way: each time you talk with the man in green the pokemon in the cave changes (in a secuential order). Those pokemon are of course illegal, since they were never obtainable in any language with that location, since as far as we know the altering cave event is unreleased.

The whole idea of having wc3 files is so custom events can be done and distributed in the form of easy to inject wc3 files (remember emerald and FRLG are not compatible though). For example, I made a script that enables the in-game event for Eon Ticket in Emerald. The script shows an image of the missing Lati and then enables the flag for that event. Of course that's not the legit way of enabling the event, that would be record mixing, but I made it for fun and test. I'll look for it and upload it as sample.

ps: wondercard e-trainers are impossible to make, morpheos AR codes inject a wondercard and the data for the trainer; the data for the trainer isn't something that gets into the save via wondercard communication. We don't know how that event would have worked or if nintendo scrapped it due to technical difficulties sending all the data.

Bummer about the Wonder Card trainers. Oh well, it'll be one more reason to keep Ruby/Sapphire around.

As for the Eon Ticket in non-Japanese Emerald, just have the tool inject a non-sharable one directly into the Key Items pocket and enable the event, as if it was obtained from by Mixing Records.

As for the Eon Ticket in non-Japanese Emerald, just have the tool inject a non-sharable one directly into the Key Items pocket and enable the event, as if it was obtained from by Mixing Records.

The most accurate way to turn the in-game event into a wondercard would be to use the in-game script: it's in all languages and would work without enabling the save flag, just like if received via mix records. I should do them, I would just need to change a little the Aurora ticket wondercards (and find the script in the roms).

suloku said:

Are you guys saying that custom trainers can't be made at all or just in Emerald? I'm uploading saves with every single E-READER card I own scanned in. Do you think it might be possible to rip the data and inject it into a different save?

Edited by HaxAras