Are Japnese Powersaves useless now?

Patty60205

Hi, I am new to this forum. I own a Japanese EDS and Japanese powersaves.

Ive been searching for a method to edit save files after the shutdown of the company in japan. It seems that even though I can edit these save files, I cannot inject them into my cartridge through powersaves. At this point, is there any way I can edit files for new games (older games still works, but they stopped updating Japanese games), or am I better off just getting Cyber Gadget. (if I had known about their plan to shutdown I would have bought cyber gadget instead T_T)

Hi, I am new to this forum. I own a Japanese EDS and Japanese powersaves.

Ive been searching for a method to edit save files after the shutdown of the company in japan. It seems that even though I can edit these save files, I cannot inject them into my cartridge through powersaves. At this point, is there any way I can edit files for new games (older games still works, but they stopped updating Japanese games), or am I better off just getting Cyber Gadget. (if I had known about their plan to shutdown I would have bought cyber gadget instead T_T)

Powersaves was never meant for external injection of saves; Datel have never wanted that.

They want you to use their codes, and while saves can be extracted, they never meant for saves to be injected at the first place.

(you could backup and restore encrypted saves, but that's not what PKhex does)

Cyber Gadget is a good option (and they dump and inject the "main" save file we all use in PKhex),

else you'll need Custom Firmware.

Powersaves was never meant for external injection of saves; Datel have never wanted that.

They want you to use their codes, and while saves can be extracted, they never meant for saves to be injected at the first place.

(you could backup and restore encrypted saves, but that's not what PKhex does)

Cyber Gadget is a good option (and they dump and inject the "main" save file we all use in PKhex),

else you'll need Custom Firmware.

Thank you for your reply!!

I have always used their codes, but sadly Datel in japan was shutdown and I can no longer edit nor backup newer games.