Emulating the Mobile Adapter GB

I don't think so!

I've tried using some of the codes to emulate obtaining the odd egg for JP Crystal,

but eventually resorted to walking through walls to talk to the lady.

Sadly, some extra code is required; odd egg is generated when the GB adapter communicates with a server,

so that real data is long gone..

For my implementation, I’ve copied the Odd Egg data from the English version. But according to legend, the Odd Egg received from the mobile event had a 50% chance to be Shiny, higher than the 14% chance for the in-game event in the Western versions. Does anyone know where this information came from? The only way to verify it would have been to download index.txt and read the probability values, and I’ve seen no evidence that anyone would have known how to do that at the time.

If the information that the eggs in the international versions were the same ones, but with different probabilities then what hacky did would reproduce them.

Here's the dissassembly code for the odd egg in US crystal, there you can see that there are only two possible DV combinations (non-shiny or shiny) and that the only thing that differentiates an egg from another is species ID and DV, which I guess is what the server sent?:https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal/blob/700321a7fb2d6c852ffc91cc0b8867526cb76813/data/odd_eggs.asm#L105

• Ditto 1

If the information that the eggs in the international versions were the same ones, but with different probabilities then what hacky did would reproduce them.

Here's the dissassembly code for the odd egg in US crystal, there you can see that there are only two possible DV combinations (non-shiny or shiny) and that the only thing that differentiates an egg from another is species ID and DV, which I guess is what the server sent?:https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal/blob/700321a7fb2d6c852ffc91cc0b8867526cb76813/data/odd_eggs.asm#L105

Except, I have no idea how to emulate the GB adapter

• Ditto 1

• 1 month later...