Show shinies in RBY

shadowofdarkness

I would like to use PKHeX to easily find any possible shiny Pokemon in a gen 1 save without having to inspect the stats tab of each one individually.

Even though gen 1 does not have them normally could you make PKHeX show the star and have them marked as shiny in future generations. (I do believe any of them will also be shiny in gen 7 when the time comes)

If you have them marked then I can easily find any possible ones with the box data report and sorting by the shiny column.

This feature would be a great way to warn people who might not know they got extremely lucky and got a shiny.

PKHeX emulates the retail games and continuity.

Gen 1 does not have shinies, but Gen2 does. Since gen 1 was only released on the virtual console, we are considering gen 2 shininess to be ret-conned.

We believe that when the official transfer method becomes available, no pokemon migrated will be shiny.

Refer to issue 247 on github, which also includes discussion in regards to showing gender for RBY files.

PKHeX emulates the retail games and continuity.

Gen 1 does not have shinies, but Gen2 does. Since gen 1 was only released on the virtual console, we are considering gen 2 shininess to be ret-conned.

We believe that when the official transfer method becomes available, no pokemon migrated will be shiny.

Refer to issue 247 on github, which also includes discussion in regards to showing gender for RBY files.

I figured the would keep them shiny because what happens when gen 2 is eventually released on the VC and people trade the Gyarados to gen 1 then they could send it to 7 from there and would be mad if it was no longer shiny.

I figure the precedent of potential shinies becoming shiny in gen 2 on real carts would be re-used with gen 7.

I guess we will find out when Bank is updated because I have the hardware to transfer saves to/from real carts then inject into the VC so I'm going to try sending a shiny Gyarados and (shiny Dittos from the gen 1 stat clone glitch) to gen 7.

Even without the VC existing this is a feature I have long wanted just for real carts so I would know that I wanted to trade someone to my Silver game.