Sun and Moon Special Demo Released

Epultia

Ok this is not nice. The console reboots while launching/exiting the Demo...........

How am I supposed to use the NTR debugger then? I hope someone will find a workaround for that.

Are you on an O3DS, also are you using 3.2?

3.2 was more stable for ram dumping (though I'm having bad luck trying to get the values I want).

It'll be easier to use memlayout to find the layout, then dump onto PC.

Also,

trainer IDs used to be 5 digits, but it's now 6 digits.

If Hexadecimal units allowed up to FF FF FF (previously was FF FF FF, which lead to largest trainer ID being 65535),

Largest Possible trainer ID now is 16777215 (provided it's not capped by the game itself)

Are you on an O3DS, also are you using 3.2?

3.2 was more stable for ram dumping (though I'm having bad luck trying to get the values I want).

It'll be easier to use memlayout to find the layout, then dump onto PC.

Also,

trainer IDs used to be 5 digits, but it's now 6 digits.

If Hexadecimal units allowed up to FF FF FF (previously was FF FF FF, which lead to largest trainer ID being 65535),

Largest Possible trainer ID now is 16777215 (provided it's not capped by the game itself)

I'm on O3DS and using NTR 3.4 with Luma 3DS 6.3.1 updated to the latest 11.1.0-34.

Older versions of NTR won't work on latest FW.

I'm on O3DS and using NTR 3.4 with Luma 3DS 6.3.1 updated to the latest 11.1.0-34.

Older versions of NTR won't work on latest FW.

Ah, some fella on Gbatemp kept saying the demo is using Extended memory (I'm assuming it's like SmashBros4), so NTR won't work (?).

Given that you're saying it's rebooting, it seems to be true.

I've got a N3DS, I could dump files for you, if needed..

Ah, some fella on Gbatemp kept saying the demo is using Extended memory (I'm assuming it's like SmashBros4), so NTR won't work (?).

Given that you're saying it's rebooting, it seems to be true.

I've got a N3DS, I could dump files for you, if needed..

Ok I understand. Then this will probably be the same with the full games, oh well.

No thanks, you don't need to dump files for me. I just wanted to take a look, but it's not that important.

Ok I understand. Then this will probably be the same with the full games, oh well.

No thanks, you don't need to dump files for me. I just wanted to take a look, but it's not that important.

It seems the alternative for you, if you want, is to use Gateway's CFW,

as their cheat engine is part of the emunand functions, so the reboot doesn't entirely affect it apparently.

It seems the alternative for you, if you want, is to use Gateway's CFW,

as their cheat engine is part of the emunand functions, so the reboot doesn't entirely affect it apparently.

Where do I get that and is it compatible with my current Emunand? Otherwise I will wait for Luma to integrate their own cheat engine.

Just when we thought it was done a part 4 was uploaded!

Lol @ the part where Kaphotics trolled about the save encryption. Reminds me of a few years ago when people were begging for Gen VI hacks and 3DS hacks in general on gbatemp also the Gateway hype train lmao

Lol @ the part where Kaphotics trolled about the save encryption. Reminds me of a few years ago when people were begging for Gen VI hacks and 3DS hacks in general on gbatemp also the Gateway hype train lmao

The crypto is exactly the same as XYORAS.

What they changed is the CRC16 algo, XYORAS used CCITT. Sun & Moon uses ModbusCRC16 with a few small changes.

CRC16 [rev] precalculated table is @.data:004DE408, and the algo is @.text:0025C598 in the demo exefs code.bin.

But it's pointless to inject stuff into the save, to many dummy data.

is there any way to inject stuff into the save i have an old 3ds so i can't use ntr on the demo

Aren't you the "extened memory" guy on gbatemp?

Anyhow, interesting lines from the demo text rip:

The battlefield got weird!

The weirdness disappeared from the battlefield!

The crypto is exactly the same as XYORAS.

What they changed is the CRC16 algo, XYORAS used CCITT. Sun & Moon uses ModbusCRC16 with a few small changes.

CRC16 [rev] precalculated table is @.data:004DE408, and the algo is @.text:0025C598 in the demo exefs code.bin.

But it's pointless to inject stuff into the save, to many dummy data.

At least it can be done. :)

I guess it's not entirely unexpected that it would be using extended memory mode.

Won't be able to take screenshots in-game anymore, then. I'm not buying a N3DS just for that. :P

Guess it's not a huge deal, though.

Awesome stuff guys!

Fixed*

Yeah, this is something I recognized before.

Can be seen here for example:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13821[/ATTACH]

Just btw. at the official Pokémon site of Sun & Moon in the Pokémon Bank section they used the ID No. 123456 as a placeholder.

However... the biggest ID No. I have seen so far is 944542. (

.)

So I wouldn't be too surprised if they might cap IDs now at 999999, which would make it the highest possible ID.

Kaphotics explained this on irc: TID+SID are still 4 bytes total, a formula is used so an ID ranging 0-999999 is displayed, so nothing really changed, it's just how the ID is displayed. Also, if I remember correctly the new formula makes the latest ID (I don't exatcly remember, they were post-99xxxx) 0.023% rarer than the others.

Latest official trailer has revealed these two lines are for Psychic Terrain.

Whoo psychic terrain madness, I just saw.

Weird thing though.

Gen VI:

Grass<Fire<Water<Grass

Fighting<Psychic<Dark<Fighting

Gen VII:

Grass<Fire<Water<Grass

Ghost<Dark<Fairy <..Ghost?

Fairy isn't weak to ghost.

Are they going to give Fairies one more weakness?

Or make it a broken loop?