Shaymin Pt - Encounter

CharizardOutrage2

PkHex gives me the option to set an additional encounter for Pokemons migrated from platinum, however. I know Shaymin does come with an fateful encounter, but the additional encounter option makes me confused.

Some of these encounters are None, Building/Enigma Stone, Cave/Hall of Origin, Dialga/Palkia,....

Most of them are self-explaining and they wont fit my case.

Does Oaks letter shaymin need such an additional encounter? If it does, which is the right one to choose?

Does I still need to search for a legit PID in pokegen to get a Pokemon as legit as possible?

ty

PkHex gives me the option to set an additional encounter for Pokemons migrated from platinum, however. I know Shaymin does come with an fateful encounter, but the additional encounter option makes me confused.

Some of these encounters are None, Building/Enigma Stone, Cave/Hall of Origin, Dialga/Palkia,....

Most of them are self-explaining and they wont fit my case.

Does Oaks letter shaymin need such an additional encounter? If it does, which is the right one to choose?

Does I still need to search for a legit PID in pokegen to get a Pokemon as legit as possible?

ty

Probably only encounter value, and PID-iv tied value

Encounter value probably here :

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?218-Guide-to-44h-45h-46h-47h-and-85h-Values

The mentioned thread brings even more complexity to the related topic.

Are the values carried over to pokebank as well or will they be lost due to the file transition? (genIV/V -> genVI)

You wrote that probably the encounter value need to be modified. I don't know if I got that right, but the values 44-47 are also encounter values, somehow.

Values 85 should be "00 - Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin (D/P/Pt)" that was my suggestion at the very beginning, but this would led to some inconsistency here. Moreover all gen3 pokemons would need 00 as Value 85 as well. Since you can only transfer them through pal park. (? Clarification needed ?)

The shared shaymin from the rental collection posted at this forum does not have an additional encounter set...

I know it does not represent a legit Pokemon by any means but the only shaymin I found which could be legit is this...

The mentioned thread brings even more complexity to the related topic.

Are the values carried over to pokebank as well or will they be lost due to the file transition? (genIV/V -> genVI)

You wrote that probably the encounter value need to be modified. I don't know if I got that right, but the values 44-47 are also encounter values, somehow.

Values 85 should be "00 - Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin (D/P/Pt)" that was my suggestion at the very beginning, but this would led to some inconsistency here. Moreover all gen3 pokemons would need 00 as Value 85 as well. Since you can only transfer them through pal park. (? Clarification needed ?)

The shared shaymin from the rental collection posted at this forum does not have an additional encounter set...

I know it does not represent a legit Pokemon by any means but the only shaymin I found which could be legit is this...

To my understanding encounter data is carried over, that is why Kaphotics added it to PKhex.

Gen IV -> Encounter Data, and location data set as Poketransfer (Example: Mewtwo, Soul Silver, Poketransfer, Cave/Hall of Origin)

Gen V -> Location data (Example: Pinsir, Black, Route 12, )

If you need testing for various Pokemon, I could go and catch them.. (If I'm free)

Meanwhile I figured out how the data is carried over.

As far as I am concerned migrating from GENIII to GENIV does not apply any changes in one of the already mentioned values, since D/P zeroes them out. This won't apply to further iteration of GENIV (Platin) or onwards.

Whatsoever, this doesn't solve my question at all nor does it help either.

So what happens to the data in refurbished genIV and onwards? I guess the values 44-47 are pretty nonexistent in genVI. Nevertheless the Value 85 is default zeroed, which fulfill my case exactly. It created some confusion first but played out nicely in the end.

EDIT: After rereading this I have to clear things out. With pretty nonexistence I mean the file architecture itself. Which got changed drastically in later iteration...... the pointing values does exist but changed indeed