So I've been watching Wolf's Rain again...

Okami

And wow, it's as if I've been enlightened. Since 2004, I haven't had the chance to revisit the series, but it always held a certain special spot in my mind. Always was at the top of the list for me. And over time, I came to believe it was simply my overly-obsessive love for wolves that drove my passion for the series.

But now, revisiting it for the first time in five years, I see that while that may be a factor... (the wolf has held the position as my favorite animal for six years, around the same time I adapted the nickname "Okami," obviously 'Wolf' in Japanese!) But it is certainly not the only contributing factor.

This series has several voice actors that are commonly known by the anime-watching community. For example, the four main characters are voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, Crispin Freeman, Joshua Seth, and Mona Marshall.

Certainly most of you anime-watchers know three of the four. And if not, a shame.

Needless to say, this is a fairly unknown series, and much unappreciated these days. With beautiful music (I love Yoko Kanno) mixed with exceptional artwork (Anyone with artistic ability understands how difficult the anatomy of a wolf can be to draw) it is by far one of my favorite series.

I now see why I like this series. It's not just my love of wolves, or my love of those voice actors, or even the love of the music. It's all of this combined into one great thing for me. Never have I found a series where I like all of the voice actors for their given character. This is my exception.

I would recommend this to any fan of anime, especially those fans of action and supernatural. :)