Information on editing individual stats ORAS

Gtarra

Hello I'm a new member on the website but I've been using PKHEX since its release. I managed to actually edit the stats of my party Pokémon using the PKHAX feature. Not simply the EVs or IVs, I mean the actual individual stats. For example I have a lv 100 Ampharos (which is bred and raised naturally without pkhex). Normally the defense stats on an Ampharos are decent at best, but through PKHAX I was able to change both defense stats from 206 Def and 216 Sp.Def to 309.

It worked fine in the game and even retained the altered stats during a lv. 50 mock battle and if entered in a flat battle the stats are cut normally but the pokemon retains the stats I altered upon exiting the battle. I eventually set the Ampharos' level down to lv 50 to do more testing. Here's the problem I encountered with this...Of course the thing cant be used online but ive been able to use hackmon's offline with friends like a simple Smeargle with no problems. But if I use the Ampharos in an offline no restrictions link battle me and my friend are able to link up and even get to the Pokémon selection screen (Ampharos still has the 309 defenses here too), I chose Ampharos as my lead, but as soon as the battle starts, the battle music plays but my friend gets a connection error and my 3DS hits me with black screens and I have to reboot the system.

I figured if the game had a problem with my Pokémon then it wouldn't even let us get as far as starting the battle. The stats were the same as the ones I edited so the game clearly kept the stats. The problem could be that I left Ampharos at lv 50 for the battle instead of raising it to lv 100. I didn't think the game would try to make automatic stat modifications since the battle would have been no restrictions and the game usually leaves your Pokémon alone for that one. Mot to mention that we were offline and I've never seen it hack check.

Is there any way to make this edit work? Should I just lead with a mon who doesn't have altered stats? Raise Ampharos' level to 100? Sorry if this post is too long, but I truly would appreciate it if someone could help me out with this. I'm just screwing around with the stats really and I'm a good enough trainer to where I don't need Pokémon with 999 everything or something crazy.