pokemonfan

which gym is the toughest  

43 members have voted

1. 1. which gym is the toughest

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. This is gonna be sweet. I'll announce the winner here when it's all done. Sigh, I justhate playing through the storyline though. lol. So anyways, the hardest gym leader really depends on the starter you chose. So there really is no hardest, just advantage.

Again, Infernape > all gym leaders :(

Like I said, lets see the outcome. Piplup could do better, if I give him the right moves.

No discussion about this until you test it.... shhhh! No more posting for the sake of post counts Floot :tongue: >.>

Do it. I've never tried Infernape btw, but I already know it's ownage... and I hate it X_X

Infernape is faster, stronger, and has the moves to take down many of his counters. His stats are also geared that way...

Grass Knot can destroy his gym quite easily. If you leave Chimchar up to level 22 (IIRC), he learns Nasty Plot!! And even if you don't, Infernape learns Calm Mind naturally too. They are SO biased for the Fire pokes >.>

Infernape is faster, stronger, and built to last longer..echo unlimited footwear built infernape tough! :tongue:

Sorry wraith..couldn't resist. The way you made it sound just asked for it.

My sis chose chimchar (I told her to choose piplup >.>) anyways she was having trouble with wake (I told her to train other pokes) and she now has a luxray cause of it that's decent :) but she was having so much trouble that I remembered that infernape knows grass knot (duh, I'm a moron) and then she crushed the gym. Seriously if water cant take down a flaming ape what can?

Although every Gym Leader was easy for me, I'd say Candice was the hardest. Because I picked Turtwig, but I came well prepared with my Staraptor. Froslass gave me a problem though (Fighting Immunity) but I took it out with my Torterra with Crunch.

They were all pretty easy for me but I pretty much over prepared for each one and had my pokemon at higher levels than they really needed to be. The 7th gym wasn't hard so much as frustrating since I didn't have ponyta and at that point I was pretty much used to Torterra taking out everything in site with ease.

• 3 weeks later...

Gardenia was my toughest, due to the fact, I started with Piplup, and had not trained at all, and only had 1 pokemon, so I got absouloutly destroyed by her, until I decided to get a Starly, then evolve into Staravia.

Fantina was the hardest for me. That was the first time in any pokemon game where I had to try and level up to beat a certain section. Although most of the game was just Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Staraptor, and Luxray. Tropius makes a great HM slave!

As for my fight with Byron... My level 30 Tropius killed his level 41 bastidoon due to sheer luck and the stupidity of the opposing AI.