pokemonfan

which gym is the toughest  

43 members have voted

1. 1. which gym is the toughest

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it is possible to give it some moves by trading over some TM's. He won't have it that hard if you do that. Maybe give him some good ice moves for dragon types and some water moves for rock. It'll do fine

Early game... Metal Claw is bad :(. Fury Attack won't do much from its pitiful attack score. TM13 (Ice Beam) costs TOO MUCH (10000 coins?!!!). Grass Knot could be useful (and it certainly is), but you only get one so you would want to think carefully on who to use it on (considering Grass Knot is a key move to the metagame). HM03 is a MUST teach on the penguin, but it comes a bit late. Flash Cannon from Byron is also a neat move for in-game purposes... but as you can see, his useful moves are quite limited, while Infernape can have so many (like Stone Edge, Close Combat, Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, Thunderpunch, Grass Knot, Earthquake, etc...)

Yeah, I guess so, but you can just EV train it's defenses and it will make an awesome tank. If you ask me, Torterra becomes completely useless when you reach the 7th gym leader. Torterra has it much harder, especially if you're like me who only trains the starter.

Turtwig? Turtwig has an awesome movepool even without breeding. It gets Earthquake, Crunch, Wood Hammer, Leaf Storm... all sorts of awesome moves that I'd rather use. He's not useless...

He is when it comes to the seventh gym leader. He is just dead bate in that part, and if you relied on him the entire game, this part would be a huge problem for you.

Eh, that's really no problem actually. That if is a huge if. Most people have a balanced team by now.

I had Gabite, Staraptor, Gardevoir, Roserade, Empoleon and Vaporeon by the time I reached Candice... only Empoleon and Vaporeon survived :P

Exactly, and what I'm doing is only training the starter, and no one else. That's what I'm testing, which starter can do the best on its own. Chim is currently winning. I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

Chimchar is obviously the best here X_X

There is no contest. Look at its stats. It was DESIGNED to own... and its movepool suggest that as well :-/