What is the Toughest gym?

pokemonfan

which gym is the toughest  

43 members have voted

1. 1. which gym is the toughest

Fantina's gym was the hardest for me, at least back in D/P because of that Mismagius. In Platinum, I was disappointed to find her downgraded a lot. In Platinum, I guess it is Candice who destroyed 4/6 Pokemon in my team, with only Vaporeon and Empoleon surviving (the others were Gabite, Staraptor, Roserade and Gardevoir... no wonder, right? Gardevoir has the worst critical hit luck though because she gets hit by critical hits from EVERYTHING most of the time...). Volkner was a pushover. I swept his whole team with my level 48 Garchomp (yeah, blame me for using a Ground type in an Electric gym, but my Roserade would have done the job too).

yeah! Good luck with cynthia there. If your highest is a level 53 I hope they are holding items and that you have a lot of healing items. Otherwise you might be experiencing a few minor fainting problems, best of luck though:D

When I reached the E4 my Pokemon were like level 51-54. I don't know where everyone else is getting their level 63s and all... but 51-54 is usually fine. I had Empoleon, Staraptor, Roserade, Garchomp, Vaporeon, and Gardevoir...

Edited by wraith89

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the 8th gym. At that point your pokemon should be about lv. 45-48. Mine were still lv. 39 and 40! Thats because I rush through the storyline like an idiot! But the only reason I won is because I had Giratina lv. 49 with moves like shadow force and dragon claw and ominous wind!

i went to catch 2 gravelers from the place where you are after defeating/caught giratina. both had earthquake = die to volker

yeah! Good luck with cynthia there. If your highest is a level 53 I hope they are holding items and that you have a lot of healing items. Otherwise you might be experiencing a few minor fainting problems, best of luck though:D

killed the elite four with like 2 pokemon, 3 if you count luxray just to kill milotic. :D. the other 3 were like my sacrefice pokemon for healing LOL. i used a latios + infernape.

elite four 1: infernape

elite four 2: latios

elite four 3: latios

elite four 4: latios

that was basically it LOL

i went to catch 2 gravelers from the place where you are after defeating/caught giratina. both had earthquake = die to volker

killed the elite four with like 2 pokemon, 3 if you count luxray just to kill milotic. :D. the other 3 were like my sacrefice pokemon for healing LOL. i used a latios + infernape.

elite four 1: infernape

elite four 2: latios

elite four 3: latios

elite four 4: latios

that was basically it LOL

How'd you get Latios in this game before the E4? I think this topic assumes you used a Pokemon you got through legal manners with a normal team which you can acquire. :P

And Latios even without a Soul Dew is terrifying... so think about him with Soul Dew...

How'd you get Latios in this game before the E4? I think this topic assumes you used a Pokemon you got through legal manners with a normal team which you can acquire. :P

And Latios even without a Soul Dew is terrifying... so think about him with Soul Dew...

i asked my friend to help trade it from diamond?

i told him i might need it for E4, which was true cuz my infernape was only lvl 60 something, and the rest are in the 40's

i asked my friend to help trade it from diamond?

i told him i might need it for E4, which was true cuz my infernape was only lvl 60 something, and the rest are in the 40's

That's actually fine. I beat the league with only levels 51-54ish... without any legendaries or ubers. I mainly don't use ubers because they're too strong and that there is no awe factor... meaning you send out a Giratina... and that guy has a Bidoof... the guy should be staring in awe to see this Renegade Pokemon, but no... he just fights anyways.>_<

• 1 month later...

Fighting gym was a hard challenge.

meditite was a joke, but machamp could be a bit hard.Lucario, was the real challenge, though.it even ohkoed one member of my team!

but seriously, all of them were easy.

The fifth Gym Leader, Fantina was the hardest for Infernape to overcome because since Infernape is also a Fighting-type, the Pokemon kept on using Hypnosis, Confusion and Psychic. My friend gave me an unwanted Gengar at Lv. 42, and so I won with it.

The fifth Gym Leader, Fantina was the hardest for Infernape to overcome because since Infernape is also a Fighting-type, the Pokemon kept on using Hypnosis, Confusion and Psychic. My friend gave me an unwanted Gengar at Lv. 42, and so I won with it.

My thoughts exactly. Fantina is definitely no pushover :)

She might be my favorite Gym Leader of Sinnoh.

Fantina is definitely tough...(and my favorite with her drifblim :))

especially because unless your playing diamond you dont have access to dark types really. On diamond there is murkrow and stunky. I love skuntank its my all time favorite dark type. Its gotten me through some tough times.

_______

A recent wraith89 post..another clue to the whereabouts of the ghost...

O_O

Congrats on your 777th post PF!

It's not ruining the fun... you can still post stuff about catching me as LONG as you post stuff related to the topic afterwards (like telos did) >_>

They just threw in Ice Punch on Medicham... because before they added the expansion to the Sinnoh Dex in Platinum, there wasn't many Ice pokes either. Same for Flint. Notice how there were only 2 Fire types in Sinnoh... and the rest were 3 random pokes with Fire Punch or Fire Fang or Will-o-Wisp. >_>

Well..dont forget cows!

Gasp 777th post! I must have super luck now...maybe enough luck to catch the ghost...

Anyway..I see what you mean. With all those non type pokemon in there it makes it difficult to throw a wrench into their gears. Hypnosis is a devestating attack to a sweeper like monferno. When he's out like that it gives pokes time to set up and destroy monferno. I better be careful. I plan to take down fantina this time with her own medicine gengar, drifblim, and mismagius are all officially higher then fantina's gym pokemon and since I've been to busy training I haven't even gotten to veilstone yet :P.