HG/SS Pokepic DS error

JonJon

Hey there! So, I've been searching for a sprite editor for HG/SS for a long time and I finally found Pokepic DS.

But here comes the problem (that everyone is getting I think?): image is not 8bpp indexed.

The image IS indexed in 8bpp 16 colors, but it always shows me that error! So, I tried to find the sprites via tilemolester, since I am already used to it, but couldnt find the images there. Does anyone have the adress for the images, mode and stuff? If Pokepic DS doesnt work I can easily use Tilemolester, just need to know where and how to find the location of the pics.

Thanks in advance.

Iv'e had this problem also. Sometimes it fixes itself if you make the first color in the palette the background color, but even still, you might get that error message.

By the way, if your asking where to find the Pokemon sprites, they are in a/0/0/4

Havent tried the first color palette thing.

Thats not what I meant. I do know where the file is, but when I open it with Tile Molester, I cant find any image.

Thats not what I meant. I do know where the file is, but when I open it with Tile Molester, I cant find any image.

As far as I'm aware, this is because Tile Molester cannot read them.

Another trick you may try to correct the palette is importing it into a ROM with Tinke. It doesn't matter what you overwrite; just overwrite any RCGN file, and then export the image again. I've had some great success this way.