Pokemon XD physical/special split patch

At the behest of @greenDarkness I have created a patch for Pokemon :XD:: Gale of Darkness which splits the moves between physical and special as in gen 4. Everything else has been left unchanged as much as possible. Shadow moves will keep the same category as in the original and regular moves are based on their categories in the later games.

Apply the patch to a clean ISO of Pokemon :XD:: Gale of Darkness. If tsukuyomi doesn't work, try NUPS.

Enjoy!

:XD:_phys_spec_split.ups

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 9/7/2016 at 6:44 AM, StarsMmd said:

At the behest of @greenDarkness I have created a patch for Pokemon xD: Gale of Darkness which splits the moves between physical and special as in gen 4. Everything else has been left unchanged as much as possible. Shadow moves will keep the same category as in the original and regular moves are based on their categories in the later games.

Apply the patch to a clean ISO of Pokemon xD: Gale of Darkness. If tsukuyomi doesn't work, try NUPS.

Enjoy!

xD_phys_spec_split.ups

Is there something wrong with this file? I've tried to patch my ISO with this file using both Tsukuyomi and NUPS but they always become unresponsive. 

Edited by DeoxysInSpace

6 hours ago, DeoxysInSpace said:

Is there something wrong with this file? I've tried to patch my ISO with this file using both Tsukuyomi and NUPS but they always become unresponsive. 

They don't give an error message? If not, maybe try on a different computer?

I haven't heard of this error before. It's interesting how long the estimated time is. Either the computer is super slow or maybe one of the files you're using is incorrect? Maybe you misnamed the wrong file or something? Is there a way you can double check? Maybe tell me the file sizes of the .iso and the .ups so I can confirm that they match up.

38 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

I haven't heard of this error before. It's interesting how long the estimated time is. Either the computer is super slow or maybe one of the files you're using is incorrect? Maybe you misnamed the wrong file or something? Is there a way you can double check? Maybe tell me the file sizes of the .iso and the .ups so I can confirm that they match up.

The .iso is 1.35 GB and the .ups is 228 KB.

I'll try again in the meantime. Also, here's what I did, I clicked on apply patch to existing file in Tsukuyomi, I browsed for the ups file patch to apply, then browsed for target file to apply patch to, and clicked apply patch. 

20 hours ago, DeoxysInSpace said:

The .iso is 1.35 GB and the .ups is 228 KB.

I'll try again in the meantime. Also, here's what I did, I clicked on apply patch to existing file in Tsukuyomi, I browsed for the ups file patch to apply, then browsed for target file to apply patch to, and clicked apply patch. 

I just tried it myself and got the same problem actually. I'll start again and upload a new patch sorry about that. :)

Edit: nevermind it just took a bit longer than I expected but it worked.

I don't know if it's my patching software but the patches I make don't work well with tsukuyomi. So I'd try NUPS again and just wait patiently. Your computer might just be running a bit slowly.

On 12/23/2016 at 2:19 PM, StarsMmd said:

I just tried it myself and got the same problem actually. I'll start again and upload a new patch sorry about that. :)

Edit: nevermind it just took a bit longer than I expected but it worked.

I don't know if it's my patching software but the patches I make don't work well with tsukuyomi. So I'd try NUPS again and just wait patiently. Your computer might just be running a bit slowly.

Where did you download NUPS from?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7 January 2017 at 7:02 PM, 4Ply said:

Is there anyway to apply the physical and special spit to Pokemon Colosseum?

As of right now I don't think there is a way. I know how to do it but I haven't done it yet because I'm mainly focusing on "XD" for now. 

It would take a fair bit of time and the game would need rebalancing afterwards too. For example, imagine a really strong end game trainer with a choice band metagross that uses hyperbeam. Before the split it does devastating damage. After the split it's a really bad set.

If there is enough demand for this regardless of the balancing then I will spend some time on it sooner but I'm planning to do it eventually either way though.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/31/2021 at 3:02 PM, asmi7h said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to this and I would like to know if something like this for Pokemon Colosseum was done. I was researching the Internet I couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance! 

You can use this tool 

• 2 months later...