TID/SID change when using Shiny codes. Powersave for ORAS.

Seriouzly

Hi people.

I'd like to know how the Shiny codes for Alpha Sapphire, Omega Ruby, X & Y works.

The description of the code says that this code will modify the TID and SID of the pokemon.

This will make my pokemon illegal? or how does it affect my pokemon?

Is there a way in which the pokemon can keep their TID/SID and still be shiny??

Thanks.

Hi people.

I'd like to know how the Shiny codes for Alpha Sapphire, Omega Ruby, X & Y works.

The description of the code says that this code will modify the TID and SID of the pokemon.

This will make my pokemon illegal? or how does it affect my pokemon?

Is there a way in which the pokemon can keep their TID/SID and still be shiny??

Thanks.

There are two ways to make a pokemon shiny:

1. change PID

2. change TID/SID

Because previously it is not known is there is still any PID-other stats relationship (in Gen III and IV PID tied to IVs),

hence Datel decided to take the path of changing TID/SID

Changing TID/SID should not affect the Pokemon in any negative way, besides being treated as a traded Pokemon.

A glitch(?) in Gen VI is that if any Pokemon that can evolve by Happiness is obtained but isn't traded (example using Pokebank to transfer between cartridges),

it'll not be able to evolve. (also documented here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitches_in_Generation_VI#Friendship_Evolution_glitch )

[note: likely implemented to prevent cheating, as people may overlook "previous OT" portion of information, but was overlooked because Pokebank causes the same issue]

More information on PID: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality_value

There are two ways to make a pokemon shiny:

1. change PID

2. change TID/SID

Because previously it is not known is there is still any PID-other stats relationship (in Gen III and IV PID tied to IVs),

hence Datel decided to take the path of changing TID/SID

Changing TID/SID should not affect the Pokemon in any negative way, besides being treated as a traded Pokemon.

A glitch(?) in Gen VI is that if any Pokemon that can evolve by Happiness is obtained but isn't traded (example using Pokebank to transfer between cartridges),

it'll not be able to evolve. (also documented here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitches_in_Generation_VI#Friendship_Evolution_glitch )

[note: likely implemented to prevent cheating, as people may overlook "previous OT" portion of information, but was overlooked because Pokebank causes the same issue]

More information on PID: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality_value

Thank you so much for the answer :)

Trying to understand the codes of the Powersave, there is one code that make my pokemon shiny, changing the IVs (and the PID).

If I want to keep the TID and SID, I can use this code, save the game, and later on change the IVs for desired gameplay?

Because I wish to have the pokemon like if I encountered shiny and perfect IVs (Legendary one).

Thank you so much for the answer :)

Trying to understand the codes of the Powersave, there is one code that make my pokemon shiny, changing the IVs (and the PID).

If I want to keep the TID and SID, I can use this code, save the game, and later on change the IVs for desired gameplay?

Because I wish to have the pokemon like if I encountered shiny and perfect IVs (Legendary one).

Yes, you can. Some Legendary Pokemon are shiny locked, pay attention.

I've haven't used Powersaves in a while, but if there's a shiny code that changes PID, then that will help you keep your TID/SID.

Changing of IVs don't affect shininess.

In addition to what Destinyy posted:

XY: All Legendary battles in this game are shiny-locked (meaning can't be shiny)

ORAS: Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys

As a rule of thumb, since XY, Pokemon tied to the story (including most in-game event activated Pokemon) are shiny-locked.

Presently the exceptions is the Lati@s encountered while getting the mega bracelet from Steven (Whether was this intention or an oversight is unknown)

For encounterable Pokemon, Shiny locking has been a thing since Gen III (albeit it originated not from a core series game):

1. Ageto Celebi (Pokemon Colosseum)

2. Manaphy, from egg (DPPt, HGSS) [could be bypassed by trading the egg to a trainer with the TID/SID that would hatch the egg shiny]

3. Spiky Ear Pichu (HeartGold SoulSilver)

4. Zekrom (White)

5. Reshiram (Black)

6. Victini (BW)