PKMDS Pokémon Generator!

codemonkey85

I seem to be having the same problems. Download cuts off halfway (around 1MB) if i didn't use an accelerator. But I think this is true for all downloads on this site right now (I've had the same issues with your box organizer and pokemon generator)

Well that's just weird. And of course now I'm at work so I can't test it. Are you using a download accelerator or other odd thing? Is there something wrong with PP's backend?

Has anyone else experienced problems downloading since last night?

Really wishing I'd remembered to put it on Megaupload or something too.

EDIT: Hey Silent Storm, if you have the EXE, try getting and using the DLL from this post.

Well that's just weird. And of course now I'm at work so I can't test it. Are you using a download accelerator or other odd thing? Is there something wrong with PP's backend?

Has anyone else experienced problems downloading since last night?

Really wishing I'd remembered to put it on Megaupload or something too.

EDIT: Hey Silent Storm, if you have the EXE, try getting and using the DLL from this post.

It comes out corrupted for me too.

But if you need to you can remedy that by loading the .pkm file into Pokesav and edit it there

EDIT: Also Codemonkey are you planning on making an update for this so that Pokemon could be made to look like they came from say R/S/E/FR/LG via palpark or something?

Edited by tkdtju

Its a great program, but how com you cant make Pokemon shiny?

Right now it only randomly generates Pokémon in a manner close to how wild Pokémon are generated in-game. So they can turn out to be shiny, but it's not a guarantee.

when creating a hatched pokemon your program doesnt fill in the 44h and 45h hidden hex values (in case you need them they are D0 and 07 respectively)

EDIT: unless you make a riley riolu/lucario then its DA and 07

That's odd, I thought I had the egg values taken care of. I'll have to look at it again soon, as it's been months since I've tinkered with my software.

But if you need to you can remedy that by loading the .pkm file into Pokesav and edit it there

EDIT: Also Codemonkey are you planning on making an update for this so that Pokemon could be made to look like they came from say R/S/E/FR/LG via palpark or something?

If I ever finish this program, it's something I will consider. But originally I was only going to generate 100% legal NDS Pokémon.

• 1 year later...

Awesome program codemonkey85!

I just ran into one little hitch when trying to make a Pokemon.

I need to make a Groudon (National Dex #383) so I can get Rayquaza in my HG game.

As you know it needs to be a 'Fateful Encounter' (Or what ever they call it) to get the Rayquaza. Can the program do this?

tl;dr Is there anyway to make the program generate a 'Fateful Encounter' version of a Pokemon?

Thanks a bunch.

Unfortunately, all of my development stuff was wiped from my laptop a while ago... I think I still have all of the source code on my external hard drive, but it might be a while before I can get it all setup again.

Your best bet is probably to use HxD to change the FE flag yourself, and use another program to fix the PKM checksum (like my PC - party converter).

• 7 months later...