Question regarding PID and Encryption Constant

dannybritty

Hi,

I just searched for an accurate answer to my questions, but I wanted more details concerning PID and EC.

What I do : I edit Legendary Events authentical pokemons with PkHeX++ (the program where you can clone and edit directly from your 3ds), I only edit IVs and Natures.

So my questions are (when I do an iv/nature edit) :

- Concerning the PID, I read that in Gen 6 that pid is only related to shininess, so if the PID isn't updated is this PID legit ?

- Does it create a problem with the trash bites ?

- Does the EC must be edited ? I read that EC must always be unique.

I'm asking this because I don't know how this program exactly works when you edit an authentic pokemon, is there a way to check if this mon has been edit ?

I read some of Kaphotics answers, and he always says that we don't care about pid and ec anymore in this gen but he never explains exactly why :frown:

I hope it wasn't too hard to read me, best regards from France :kikkoman:

Edited by dannybritty

Just search "Personality Value Bulbapedia" on Google to get a good answer about PID in sixth gen :P (you could also surf between old Smogon topics to understand How old games generate PIDs for Pokémon) I'm sure that EC influences Spinda Spots, But I don't know what else. :D

Hi,

I'm asking this because I don't know how this program exactly works when you edit an authentic pokemon, is there a way to check if this mon has been edit ?

PKHeX has a good legality checker for sixth gen Pokèmon. If It says that your Pokémon is ok, There aren't doubts about it's legality.

I read some of Kaphotics answers, and he always says that we don't care about pid and ec anymore in this gen but he never explains exactly why :frown:

To give my answer, I'll be referencing Gen III and IV, where the PID/IVs tied correlations are understood, and future generations that aren't.

Back in Gen III and IV, the RNG mechanics of those generations have been understood (probably including their usage of such broken PRNG),

and despite the fact that the Pokemon fandom are aware of such correlations,

it appears that Nintendo and Gamefreak aren't that heavy into hack checking, despite these correlations being known and hackers make mistakes in these areas.

Since there, many generations have spawned, some PID IV correlations has been reduced significantly (though PID generation may have other unknown relations),

It is presently not of a concern simply because it is either too tedious, or the correlation to other areas such as locations and dates are not clear enough.

And given that Nintendo and Gamefreak also doesn't care about PID, until clearer information is discovered, there isn't an need for us to care for it.

As for EC, I can't give an accurate answer for that, as I'm not sure about the mechanics besides the fact that it may affect Spinda spots.

Of course my view doesn't necessarily reflect Kaphotic's views, but that is what I *think* I know of the present situation.

So my questions are (when I do an iv/nature edit) :

- Concerning the PID, I read that in Gen 6 that pid is only related to shininess, so if the PID isn't updated is this PID legit ?

Shiniess is calculated using TID, SID and PID.

As there is no PID IV correlation now (and the fact it appears that IVs can be trained in Sun and Moon further negates this),

There is no need to modify PID if you're only doing a IV/nature edit.

- Does it create a problem with the trash bites ?

I don't think that Trash bytes exist for Gen VI Pokemon.

Even if they do, it was previously found in Nicknames (remainder from evolution) so changing IV or nature doesn't affect it.

- Does the EC must be edited ? I read that EC must always be unique.

Not relevant to non-spinda.

just reroll for it after an edit

Two posts you should read:

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44683-Gen-VI-Guide-in-Getting-a-Legal-Non-Legendary-Pokemon

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44896-PID-and-Encryption-constant-query

Thanks for your answers guys, I was asking this about EC because I read somewhere (don't remember where...) that the EC is like the old PID (related to much things of the pokemon), would be great to have the true answer from Kaphotics if he knows what exactly does the EC apart from spinda.

Moreover, like I said I used PCHex++ where you can't do all the things you can do in PkHex, I can't reroll the EC/PID in here.

But, I installed Pkhex yesterday and it's better, but longer to edit coz I must switch computer for sd card. Just noticed few incorrect legality checks, like regenerator talent on Ho-oH PC Kyoto, which can't be possible to set if I'm right (but you can do it right now).

I only use PkHex to get events with perfect iv, so I discovered your thread theSLAYER where you can get all of them in wc6 files, pretty awesome with PkHex where you can directly drop them on the left window :grog:

You made my day :creep:

Edit : the real question I have now is : Do I need to generate EC before PID or PID before EC when all changes are done ? Or it doesn't matter :confused:

Edit2 : Ok, so I found this http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Chenzw/Encryption_constant

From what I understand here, the EC must be rerolled when IVs are edited, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by dannybritty