14 members have voted

1. 1. PKMN for next Update?

• Fire Type
    • Water Type
    • Electric Type
    • Dark Type
    • Ghost Type
    • Fighting Type

Hi there, I made some edits to the portraits of selected pokemon so that they may properly be used as the player character or partner.

I added: Electrike, Bagon, Aron, Larvitar, Poochyena, Growlithe, Houndour, Dratini, and Zangoose.

In the future I may add more upon request.

To use the aformentioned pokemon, you must use cheats (unreccommended as both I and PP don't condone cheating), or SkyEditor 3.2 (or Sky Editor 4.0.5 which has more features)

To do list:

FIX BUGS!!!

Add more pokemans

Create patch file so no one has to use SkyEditor

Create patch file so no one has to unpack the rom

WARNING

THIS IS NOT A SAVE EDIT - IT EDITS THE ACTUAL ROM

First back up your rom file

Second, unpack the rom with DSBuff 1.0

Go to the FONTS folder

Back up the kaomado.kao file if you opted not to back up your rom file

Replace the kaomado.kao file with mine

Repack the rom data with DSBuff 1.0

DONE!!! :D

Please report any bugs to me either in message or emai

Thank you Psy_Commando for your utilities that helped in the making of this.

Thank you maker of SkyEditor.

Download kaomado file:

[ATTACH]13612[/ATTACH]

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B4K1yEh7ip9EZ3AzbXJzU2tpRGs

Edited by growlithecubone
  • Like 1

Hey! Glad that the tool was useful! ^^

The kaomado in that zip doesn't seems to be valid. It can't be exported with kaoutil and portraits are all black in-game, so I'm a bit curious about how you made your edits?

Its possible there's a bug with kaoutil.

I exported the portraits with SkyEditor first then edited them in paint before inserting them in the raw data>font file. They show up fine in my game and the kaomado uploaded and redownloaded on my system without issue.... I'm not sure why it's showing as invalid? Maybe I need to upload it as a 7z? Or through Google Drive? I'll try both.

Not sure why they won't all post here. Some show errors, its possible my file types are different

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13614[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13615[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13616[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13617[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13618[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13619[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13620[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13621[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13622[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13623[/ATTACH]

So looking at your images on your google drive, they're 24 bits per pixel. The game needs indexed color images that are 4 bits per pixel/15 colors.

I doubt MSPaint can export images in that format. Gimp can, and I think Krita can too. You'll need to use/edit the stock palette of the portraits too for best results.

Its funny that nothing warned you about that, I thought I set up something.

Not sure why they won't all post here. Some show errors, its possible my file types are different

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13614[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13615[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13616[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13617[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13618[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13619[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13620[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13621[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13622[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13623[/ATTACH]

Still can't seem them :(

I thought it would be alright cause there was only 15 colors...... I've never had an issue when I needed a 4bit per pixel picture..... I guess I underestimated how picky nds files are. I'll get around to redoing it in Gimp either tonight or tomorrow then update the links. HOPEFULLY it will show up then... Shouldn't take me as long this time since I know how I want the portraits to look.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...