Was PKHaX Discontinued?

JohnTravolski

So I copied my PKHeX file (the newest release, August 7th 2016) and renamed the file to PKHaX. However, when I'm using it, even though I get the message that says "Illegal Mode Activated, please behave," I actually can't do anything different from regular PKHeX. I cannot change my Pokémon's abilities to whatever I want (I still only have options for the default abilities) and it won't let me break the EV limit either. Even when I do forcibly change all of these things, the boxes are still red and it won't let me "Set" the Pokémon in a box, just like with regular PKHeX. Was PKHaX discontinued or something?

The following pictures were taken with PKHaX.exe open and you can see that I can't set any Pokémon that has a hacked ability or EV limit.

http://prntscr.com/c41a4o

http://prntscr.com/c41atr

Load a save file first; future versions will have this interaction issue fixed.

Setting >510 EVs is still disabled in HaX as they cannot be used in local link battles or Maison.

You can get around this restriction by checking 'Hacked Stats' before setting back.

Load a save file first; future versions will have this interaction issue fixed.

Setting >510 EVs is still disabled in HaX as they cannot be used in local link battles or Maison.

You can get around this restriction by checking 'Hacked Stats' before setting back.

Ah, thanks, I see. I didn't realize that a save file had to be loaded. Well, that fixed all of my problems. Thanks for the answer.

• 5 months later...
7 minutes ago, Killerwatt said:

Um, I understand that I must load a save file first, but what is 'Hacked Stats' and in detailed steps I would like to know how to use it. Thanks! 

Instead of the program automatically calculating the correct stats, you can set them to whatever you want. These stats are only kept if you set to party (anywhere for Colosseum/XD), as the box storage format does not store stats.

1 minute ago, Kaphotics said:

Instead of the program automatically calculating the correct stats, you can set them to whatever you want. These stats are only kept if you set to party (anywhere for Colosseum/XD), as the box storage format does not store stats.

Oh sweet so I can only have unlimited EV'S when I set the Pokemon to my party, am I understanding this correctly?

7 minutes ago, Killerwatt said:

Oh sweet so I can only have unlimited EV'S when I set the Pokemon to my party, am I understanding this correctly?

No, hacked stats means the actual stat value.

To export impossible EVs, you have to hold CONTROL-SHIFT-ALT and drag the preview sprite to the slot you want. Gen6+ cannot do link battles with >510 EVs, hence the obscure key-combo required.

2 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

No, hacked stats means the actual stat value.

To export impossible EVs, you have to hold CONTROL-SHIFT-ALT and drag the preview sprite to the slot you want. Gen6+ cannot do link battles with >510 EVs, hence the obscure key-combo required.

Ok but what about illegal abilities.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2017 at 7:14 PM, Kaphotics said:

If you're already in HaX mode, any ability is able to be selected.

OK! Yes, this is where I want this conversation to be going, I understand what Hax mode is how do I engage it! Then all my problems will be solved.