Need a quick verification on some hex values

Ronin

I wanted to make a Heatran that looked like it was traded over from Pearl to Platinum.

Are these hex values correct?

44h:00 (Is 00 for 44 to 45 since it obviously wasn't hatched.)

45h:00.

46h: D1 (Is 46 to 47 where I put values for link trade?)

47h:07

85h:05 (Caught in Stark Mountain in Pearl, which is a cave.)

Also, what would the status of link trade be for my Heatran?

Would it be Link trade (arrived) or Link trade (met)?

I'd gladly appreciate an accurate, detailed response.

Also, an ENORMOUS THANKS to whoever helped. (Maybe I'll give away one expertly made Pokemon :D)

I'm positive that it shouldn't say Link Trade for Heatran.

Last time I checked, the Link Trade status was for eggs that were traded to someone else. So it'd say, "Met in link trade," rather than Day-Care Couple. Or something along those lines.

I believe it should be from Stark Mountain, and since this is from Pearl, the only Hex that applies is 85h.

Meaning the rest would be zeroes.

All it needs is the 05 in 85h, and it needs to be from Stark Mountain. Pretty sure.

I'm positive that it shouldn't say Link Trade for Heatran.

Last time I checked, the Link Trade status was for eggs that were traded to someone else. So it'd say, "Met in link trade," rather than Day-Care Couple. Or something along those lines.

I believe it should be from Stark Mountain, and since this is from Pearl, the only Hex that applies is 85h.

Meaning the rest would be zeroes.

All it needs is the 05 in 85h, and it needs to be from Stark Mountain. Pretty sure.

I see. But I'm still a bit unsure. So if I do that, would the status be something along the line of "apparently met?"

And about the "Met in link trade," do you mean "Link trade (met)"?

So if I made this Heatran for Platinum, and making it seem to be traded over from Pearl, it would have the place met at Stark Mountain, and the 46=54, 47=00?

Or do I just leave everything blank as 00, and only 85=05 (b/c of being caught in cave)?

If the hometown, SID, OT + gender, and ID (Maybe the language, too, not sure,) match the game's, it'll say "Met at," otherwise, it should say, "Apparently met at -" So, yes.

Yep, that.

Stark Mountain, yes.

Only 85 needs to be filled out. D/P only used that value, Plat uses 44-47, + 85.

05 is the right thing to enter.

Only 85 needs to be filled out. D/P only used that value, Plat uses 44-47, + 85.

05 is the right thing to enter.

But I'm using the PokeSav for Platinum, so the 46 and 47 would have hex values for Stark Mountain. Right?

And, the Trainer ID, Secret ID, Trainer name, will be different. The home town will be "Sinnoh (Pearl)"

So, I'll have to input 46h, 47h, and 85h. Is that correct?

EDIT: Oh wait, you might be right about DP. Since it was from DP, I heard somewhere that they don't use 44-47 values. So that Heatran won't have the 44-47, but only 85.

Yeah, it doesn't matter what type of PokeSav you use. It only matters where the Pokemon is from.

Pearl has the Hex 85, as does Diamond. Platinum uses 44-47, as well as 85.

Simply put, only 85 needs to be filled out if Heatran's from Pearl. If it was from Plat, then it'd be a different story.

Yeah, it doesn't matter what type of PokeSav you use. It only matters where the Pokemon is from.

Pearl has the Hex 85, as does Diamond. Platinum uses 44-47, as well as 85.

Simply put, only 85 needs to be filled out if Heatran's from Pearl. If it was from Plat, then it'd be a different story.

Thank you for confirming everything. I'd give you dozens of cookies if I could, lol.

But...would the hex values get reseted when I deposited that Heatran into PC?

No problem! Helping out is fun. :)

Nope, the Hex would stay the same. I've never heard of it resetting.

Oh, I see then.

Btw, here's the Pokemon info I'm getting:

Naive nature.

May 28, 2009

Link trade

Apparently met at

Lv. 70

Somewhat vain.

Likes sweet food.

The "Link trade" and the "apparently met at" are supposed to be the only info there, right? Probably no 'Stark Mountain" since it already came over from Pearl (making it seem like it were).

EDIT: Oh yes, you did confirmed that it was suppose to have "apparently met at". I guess this one's almost as good as a legit caught (of course, I did the PID/IV and having matched natures).

I'm confused.

Are you inputting the location met as Stark Mountain, or Link Trade (Met?)

I thought it should be Link trade since it came over a trade. From Pearl to Platinum. I'm making the code for my Platinum version.

I think it should still be Stark Mountain. :/

I mean, whenever I make a D/P Pokemon for Plat, that's what I do - just insert wherever I got it on D/P into location met, not Link Trade.

They turn out fine.

You could go ahead and try that, though, I suppose.

I think it should still be Stark Mountain. :/

I mean, whenever I make a D/P Pokemon for Plat, that's what I do - just insert wherever I got it on D/P into location met, not Link Trade.

They turn out fine.

You could go ahead and try that, though, I suppose.

Guess I'll try doing a trade over with a friend, and figuring out the proper format. I think you might be right, too, but...I just wanted a more weighed confirmation, since you said I could give that a try. :P