Black/White 2 Save Editing?

SpartanG01

It's been a long time since I looked into this but a friend of mine asked me about it (hes going back through replaying all of the pokemon games) and I used to use I think Pokegen? for this type of thing?

I'm curious what the best tool is for this type of thing? He's playing on his phone for convenience-sake so I'm assuming he'll have direct access to the save file and all that jazz. Any suggestions? I've run into Pokehex, Pokesav, Pokegen, PKHex, Pokedit... I dunno the differences between all these or which would be better for these two games specifically.

Thanks in advance for any help. I tried searching a bit but any information I found was confusing or extremely old.

• 3 weeks later...
Is Pikaedit still around? That was my favorite for all around save editing. It's one of the few editors that had entralink forest and join avenue editing.

Don't use pikaedit please. Without doing any edits, just opening the savefile and saving the output savefile is totally different from the original, it messes it a lot just by opening it. Use pokegen. If you want entralink and join avenue I coded a program with those features that doesn't crush the savefile.

I guess eventually pkhex will be able to edit everything other tools can, for now I think it supports wondercards and pokemon editing, and basic trainer information.

ps: not saying that pikaedit is a bad program or that it doesn't work, but I like to have save editors edit only what I tell them to edit, not doing whatever they please with the savegame.