A few bugs

IamAVeryNicePereson

1. When I try to open a main file pkhex doesn't navigate to my SDcard. However it does when I try exporting

2. I can't drag and drop files onto pkhex to load them anymore. I have to open them up manually...

3. opening .bin files take a long time to load. It used to take a few seconds on an older version of pkhex.

Minor bugs but please try to fix this.

1. PKHeX will only navigate to the SD card if a save file exists in one of the usual folders. If your savedata manager exports to a new path, it will not be detected. Exporting a save file opens the view to the folder where the file was loaded from.
  2. Drag&Drop works fine; be sure the program is not blocked (right click exe -> properties).
  3. Depends what 'bin' files you are trying to open. If you're using the Powersaves xorpad decryption feature, if there's more backups stored it will take a while.

I posted a thread a while back but I'm still not getting any answers. I'm sorry if I shouldn't do this...

1. PKHeX won't detect my main file. It's on my SDcard. saveDatabackup > main. It won't detect it. edit: someone please tell me what the file path should be or what my save manager folder should look like. I feel like they're in the wrong place. My savedaatabackup is on the root of SDcard and the save manager folder is in the 3ds folder. in the save manager folder there is another folder with the same title with the contents in it. edit2: for some reason, PKHeX detects JK's save manager main file. why is this? (I do not want to use this save manager. it is harder for me to use.)

2. I can't drag .pk6 files onto PKHeX anymore. Kaphotics said something about unblocking pkhex via properties but It's not showing for me.

3. Loading boxdata.bin files take a long time to load. On an older version of PKHeX this didn't use to happen. It takes about 10+ seconds to load now.

1. When you plug in your SD card, what Drive Letter is assigned to it? Is it the first one alphabetically? Being stuffed away in the /3ds/ folder is the reason; PKHeX checks for X:/saveDataBackup. The /3ds/ folder is a recent creation of the homebrew scene...

2. Nothing has changed in drag&drop. 'can't drag files' is a little to vague to come up with another explanation.

3. Slow computer. Takes less than 1 second on my computer; the new box/pc import has to be flexible enough to handle multiple versions (gen3-6) so it is extra cautious when checking what you are trying to import.

I don't know what a drive letter is but I'm assuming it's the letter next to the sdcard's name in parenthesis. It's (F:').

I think you're confused.. sorry if I'm wrong but the savedataback folder is on the root of my SDcard. Or are you talking about the save_manager folder that has save_manager.3dsx, save_manager.smdh, etc. ? That's supposed to be in the 3ds folder right?

edit:2. Sorry, it's almost midnight for me and I'm tired. I'll try to explain as best as I can. a pk6. file, bin, etc. is on my desktop. when I try to drag the file to pkhex, it doesn't load. instead, it shows a red circle-backslash symbol/universal no (http://www.clipartkid.com/images/460/circle-slash-symbol-free-cliparts-that-you-can-download-to-you-KlNjMT-clipart.jpeg) and doesn't allow me to put it in.

3. I guess I'll have to deal with that

I've pushed a few commits to update the program's save detection, which should now support TWL Save Tool files as well.

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/2acd1c5d21bd31725a5a3d06e9a28440aeb200ab

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/5ceafc21e17aa168d8f10a384260f35945af7008

Probably ends up resolving the auto-detection issue.

Do note that if you export a NDS save after exporting a 3DS save, the NDS save will be loaded instead (it looks for the most recent write time).

I've pushed a few commits to update the program's save detection, which should now support TWL Save Tool files as well.

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/2acd1c5d21bd31725a5a3d06e9a28440aeb200ab

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/5ceafc21e17aa168d8f10a384260f35945af7008

Probably ends up resolving the auto-detection issue.

Do note that if you export a NDS save after exporting a 3DS save, the NDS save will be loaded instead (it looks for the most recent write time).

Not that it matters but the only thing I noticed that was gone from the previous build was the ability to change Vivillion forms for the region. The feature was present in the last release but stays greyed out on the newest.