A Strange But True Statistic

Ronin

When you ever PokeSav edit a Pokemon with at least 31 IV, you'll happen to came across the term such as: "Often dozes off, Likes to thrash about, Capable of taking hits, Mischievous, Somewhat vain, and Alert to sounds."

A somewhat startling result I've find is that, if you're a legit obsessed Pokemon hacker, you might want your, say, Salamence to have the "Likes to thrash about", instead of "Somewhat vain," and that is obtainable by selecting the "Class 2" from the "Generate" option in the PokeSav menu.

So, here are my results:

Class 1 produces:

-Often dozes off

-Capable of taking hits

-Mischievous

Class 2 produces:

-Likes to thrash about

-Somewhat vain

-Alert to sounds

The above ONLY holds true if all IVs are 31. There is 1/3 chance of getting the description that you like, so you can re-roll it via "generate" (for the hatched ones), or by reselecting the "PID/IV"(for caught/nonhatched ones). Make sure to select the matching nature when you're doing the latter kind, otherwise...you'd make us look bad with the poor hack.

Other than that, it's all pretty strange, isn't it?

Of course, you wouldn't want your Bronzor to go with Class 2, since he would evolve with Heatproof ability instead of Levitate, unless you were intending on doing that.

Edited by Ronin

how do you give a pokemon a specific characteristic?

i know you change the highest iv - supposing i want all ivs the same i.e. max, i have the options of mischievous, dozes off etc for the characteristic. if there is no highest iv there should be six possibilitys, right? i can get it to change by generating the pid/iv thing (i dont know what this means but it works so i do it anyway), but it only seems to change to 3 of the 6 options, i cant get "likes to thrash about", "somewhat vain", or "alert to sounds"... how do i get these?

Hey thanks for this and for replying on my topic

I guess my problem is solved then because I was trying to edit a Class 1 Ralts, I just wanted all my Pokemon to have a different characteristic just for the sake of it but ability is of course much more important, i just edited the others instead to match, i just lowered all other ivs by 1 each to get the characteristic i wanted

edit: so, for example, if you had a ralts with synchronise and "alert to sounds", would that mean it HAS to be hacked?

my ralts is displaying as Red in my list of pokemon in pokesav, whereas the others are blue - i figure this is because theres something wrong with it? but ive checked everything and ive made it legal, so why is it in red?

ALSO - i assume this holds true for all other values, if all IVs are 30 for example, you would get loves to eat, sturdy body and highly curious for class 1, and the others for class 2? is it always the HP, defense and special attack values that correspond to class 1?

Hey thanks for this and for replying on my topic

I guess my problem is solved then because I was trying to edit a Class 1 Ralts, I just wanted all my Pokemon to have a different characteristic just for the sake of it but ability is of course much more important, i just edited the others instead to match, i just lowered all other ivs by 1 each to get the characteristic i wanted

It sounded like you were making a Ralt with 31 IV in every stats. And yea, you'd have to lower other IV if you want your favored characteristic to surface.

EDIT: As codemonkey85 has posted, you can go into the mathematical detail and change the value of the IV to favor out the characteristic that you'd want it to surface.

edit: so, for example, if you had a ralts with synchronise and "alert to sounds", would that mean it HAS to be hacked?

Nah, not always. It could just have all 30 IV except the speed, which would be 31 IV, or the highest. You can still have class 1 ralt, and with the "alert to sounds" characteristic. But that is, you won't be having a Ralt with all 31 IVs. Synchronise ability is for the class 1 type, and if you planned to make it with 31 IV, then that'd be impossible....Yea. I don't know any kind of hack that can make your Ralt have "alert to sounds" with all 31 IV, and being class 1.

EDIT: About the last sentence, scratch that out. You'd just have to calculate out the PID Mod 6 and keep altering it until you get the dominant IV for the characteristic. Both methods do work, though. One is more simpleton, whilst the other requires some understanding and thinking.

my ralts is displaying as Red in my list of pokemon in pokesav, whereas the others are blue - i figure this is because theres something wrong with it? but ive checked everything and ive made it legal, so why is it in red?

Red mean it's female gendered. Blue is male. Green is neutral, meaning it's neither male nor female.

ALSO - i assume this holds true for all other values, if all IVs are 30 for example, you would get loves to eat, sturdy body and highly curious for class 1, and the others for class 2? is it always the HP, defense and special attack values that correspond to class 1?

Yes, I would believe the same thing with all 30 IV, and etc.

For many countless times that I've made any Pokemon with PokeSav, I've always obtained those results--seeing the HP, Def, and SAtk being correspondant to class 1, and vice versa for class 2. That is, if all IVs are the same.

EDIT: That is, before I found out about the PID relation to characteristic.

Hey guys... please see this.

As you will find, it's not about the "Class" per se, it's the PID itself that determines which IV is chosen in the event of a tie.

Take the PID Mod 6, and that gives you the index number of a stat in this order: HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, Special Defense. In the event of a tie in IVs, the first IV checked is the result of the PID Mod 6. If that IV is not part of the tie, it moves on to the next index number in the aforementioned order. If it goes past 5 (Special Defense), it wraps around back to 0 (HP). When it finds an IV that is part of the tie, that is the IV that will determine the Characteristic displayed.

FYI: I merged the two topics since they are basically the same conversation.

Hey guys... please see this.

As you will find, it's not about the "Class" per se, it's the PID itself that determines which IV is chosen in the event of a tie.

Oh wow, that is interesting. However, I found my method to be quite workable, too. :biggrin:

FYI: I merged the two topics since they are basically the same conversation.

Oh I see. I wasn't sure if I was blinded before, for not seeing Aruna's reply on my topic and what not. Haha.