Missing Hidden Items

trigger_segfault

I've started looking for what hidden items are available on Bulbapedia and AdvanceMap and I've started to notice a lot of these items are not actually there in the games even right after starting a new game.

For example: All of the Underground Path hidden items are not present in any of my saves (again even a fresh save with an activated warp code). And there are many other locations where seemingly numerous items are gone.

Are all the sites reporting the hidden items doing so by getting them from AdvanceMap? If so does that mean that the game never manages to activate these hidden items?

Possible. But I've already checked in 2 of my completed saves (including the ruby/sapphire subplot). I would go check my physical save.

Edit: After more extensively searching through multiple games it seems the game may randomly decide which hidden items are available. I got some of the items in some games and some of them in other games. Some hidden items are likely guaranteed since I have managed to find them in every playthrough. I only got an one Ether in the vertical Underground Path on my physical game and nothing on any of my other games for the Underground paths.

This is going to make hidden item hunting a lot more disappointing. -__-

Edited by trigger_death

Possible. But I've already checked in 2 of my completed saves (including the ruby/sapphire subplot). I would go check my physical save.

Edit: After more extensively searching through multiple games it seems the game may randomly decide which hidden items are available. I got some of the items in some games and some of them in other games. Some hidden items are likely guaranteed since I have managed to find them in every playthrough. I only got an one Ether in the vertical Underground Path on my physical game and nothing on any of my other games for the Underground paths.

This is going to make hidden item hunting a lot more disappointing. -__-

What if they are only activated via flags, like after you acquire a certain badge or event.

Like if you didn't get SS ticket from Bill, you would not have been able to reach Underground path normally.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I was doing research myself about the mysterious Mt. Moon mushrooms that do not appear at all in pokemon roms for fire red and leaf green.

Check my post here: 

Now I already read somewhere that the underground path items are surely event-based, so they do spawn eventually. Maybe, the Mt. Moon mushrooms (I'm talking about the tiny mushrooms because the big ones normally do spawn after you beat the game) also appear after an in-game event, but I don't know what event, because even in later game I could not find them. Please help.

Edited by J_Cleffe