Current method of pokemon injection (ORAS/XY)?

N

You probably don't want to update. If you update, you'll end up on 11.0 which is a very annoying firmware to be on.

I assume you're on 9.5, so you can enter homebrew launcher via browserhax, and use that to install menuhax (which you would be using for accessing homebrew launcher from now on.)

Though homebrew launcher you can use svdt which is pretty much one of the more current methods of extracting your save file to edit with PKHeX.

Then if you want you can downgrade to 9.2 for some more permanent homebrew, through getting a custom firmware.

Let's say I stay on my firmware (9.4.0-21E) and buy a second 3DS for playing. Will there be any problems by using my old 3DS for genning in this case? ---->

--->

1. Is it likely that Sun/Moon will be able to be browser injected?

2. When I move my gamecard from my old 3DS to the new one and there update THE GAME to a new version, will this affect the usability of the game once i put it back into my old 3DS to gen? As far as I know patches only get saved on the SD card and not the game card itself, so it should work?

3. But if I dont transfer the SD card, will my progress be saved accross the two systems?

4. As far as I know the browser injection works off by accessing a website hosted by project pokemon. In case this service gets taken down, where can I access these files to setup an own little server for my needs just in case?

5. Let's say I install homebrew on my current version and then firmwareupdate, will I no longer be able to access homebrew even after being installed? You say you gotta make a custom rom, but I guess that severly hinders your online compatability of your system? Or is the custom firmware separate to your real firmware?

1. Web browser exploit injection is outdated, use svdt through Homebrew Launcher. Highly doubt anyone will bother making something to inject Pokémon through the browser exploit for Sun/Moon (especially considering y'know the game won't be playable on 9.4 and will ask you to update.)

2. Correct

3. Save data is saved on the game card and you are free to use the game on different systems.

4. See 1.

5. CFW is separate from your actual firmware, unless you went all the way and installed arm9loaderhax which is not really needed. If you update when you only have homebrew launcher you WILL lose access to homebrew unless you set up an entry point on a game like Super Mystery Dungeon or something which works on latest firmware, but I really don't recommend doing that. Downgrade to 9.2, get a simple CFW which you will boot through menuhax, update that CFW while keeping your 3ds's original firmware on 9.2, and you can access every online feature just fine from your CFW while retaining full homebrew access. Later on if you want to you can look into arm9loaderhax but start with menuhax for now. a9 is far more convenient and reliable but menuhax will let you familiarize yourself with how things work. Just be careful to only ever update emunand and to leave the sysnand on 9.2 otherwise you will be locked out.

Well, today I installed menuhax homebrew via the browserexploit and randomized my Pokemon Y game. Also installed svdt and everything works basically (except online functionality ofc).

If I would downgrade to 9.2 now and set up a separate firmware for online functionality, do I have to wipe all my achieved progress like menuhax first then? Also, is everything like hans and alike working on 9.2/custom firmware just as it is working right now or do I have to cut some functionality?

And why is 9.4 not enough to set up custom firmwares?

And why would you not recommend to follow this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-getting-arm9loaderhax.417719/) to directly install arm9? Is it really that more risky?

If I would downgrade to 9.2 now and set up a separate firmware for online functionality, do I have to wipe all my achieved progress like menuhax first then? Also, is everything like hans and alike working on 9.2/custom firmware just as it is working right now or do I have to cut some functionality?

And why is 9.4 not enough to set up custom firmwares?

And why would you not recommend to follow this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-getting-arm9loaderhax.417719/) to directly install arm9? Is it really that more risky?

1) Don't really have to, and everything works as it should.

2) Because 9.3 and above lacks am arm9 kernel exploit.

3) It's not that I'm not recommending it, more like, I'm telling you to try it out with menuhax first before going straight to arm9loaderhax.

I wouldn't bother with that guide. While it's based on it, best to follow the official one instead. It's fairly safe -if- you follow every step properly and don't skip steps or take shortcuts.