Gen 2 : Celebi and Mew DV

j2k15

Hi there,

I just replaced the save battery of my Gold cartridge.

I've lost all my 251 monsters honestly collected at the time.

I've restarted this game but off course be able to catch only 249 ones.

In fact 250 as I could do the Mew Glitch on my blue cartridge for which I also replaced the battery.

What I already did is to create using PikaSav the exact Mew I received at the time on my blue cartridge.

It was quite since I still have OTA and ID. Also DV were fixed for all distributed in content of Gen I events.

My questions are :

- Do Gen II events Mew also had fixed DV's ?

- From what I remember, my 2 Celebi received had different stats. Were DV random ? Was it possible to be given a Shiny one ?

My Gen I Mew has already been uploaded to my blue and gold cartridges using Mega Memory and usb 64mb flash cart.

Next step would be to recreate my Celebies but I need info about DV's.

[EDIT]

Maybe it shall be moved here ?

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?54-G-S-C-Discussion

My questions are :

- Do Gen II events Mew also had fixed DV's ?

- From what I remember, my 2 Celebi received had different stats. Were DV random ? Was it possible to be given a Shiny one ?

Looking at European events,

I don't seem to see any Mew being distributed.

I would assume they are all fixed DV, to prevent shininess.

(they are not listed as "Can be obtained as Shiny" on bulbapedia)

Also, DVs don't seem to be listed.

The only possible Shiny Celebi, is via the Shrine in Japanese crystal.

You probably have a better chance with checking with Trigger's PC stuff or checking through archives.

Looking at European events,

I don't seem to see any Mew being distributed.

I would assume they are all fixed DV, to prevent shininess.

(they are not listed as "Can be obtained as Shiny" on bulbapedia)

Also, DVs don't seem to be listed.

The only possible Shiny Celebi, is via the Shrine in Japanese crystal.

You probably have a better chance with checking with Trigger's PC stuff or checking through archives.

Yes, I got my Mew at Cora shopping center (on my Blue cartridge).

And my 2 Celebi's have been received at Six Flags.

For Gen I Mew's apparently, all have the same stats (25/16/15/16/15) and DV's (10/1/12/5).

I don't know anything Mew's Gen II stats and DV's and Celebi's Gen II stats and DV's.

I'm pretty sure for Celebi's they were random, but cannot confirm this. Hence I asked this question here.

For Mew Gen II, no idea at all.

What do you mean by "Trigger's PC stuff" ?

You can get a save with a legit USA Mew here: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?48299-GEN1-Legit-Mew-Save

You can get PNYC celebies here: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?14531-Pokemon-Crystal-Version-(with-PCNY-event-Pokemon)

You can get a Spanish FRANCO Celebi here: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?14531-Pokemon-Crystal-Version-(with-PCNY-event-Pokemon)&p=213150&viewfull=1#post213150

You will notice that the FRANCO celebi is a pkm file I made with Dr. Matt's data as he is certain the celebi is fully EV trained. I want to build a GB cart reader, and hopefully someday I'll be able to dump his save, but I don't know when I'll build it or where he lives, so I don't know when that might be. It's really pointless if the celebi is fully EV trained though, the file would be exactly the same I uploaded unless it wasn't fully EV trained (which again, Dr. Matt was pretty clear that it was fully EV trained).

Also, about Mew distributions and IVs: I found this a while ago:

http://www.pokexperto.net/foros/index.php?topic=27460.msg2528821#msg2528821

Here Pirk claims to have a legit Mew distributed in Spain (the only distribution made there). He also relates how the competition and the distribution happened, so it does seem pretty legit. Other users also seem to abide for the OT name "D-J" being the one for the legit spanish mew. Now, the problem is that the stats aren't possible with the fixed DV Mew distributed in USA, so either it has different fixed DVs or european distributions were random (which would make a shiny mew possible? or maybe they already knew they would make shinies and is shiny locked?)

Assuming full EVs it would have the following data:

OT: D-J

ID: 60130

DV: (2 hp) / 6 atk / 4 def / 3 speed / 8 special

Stats at level 100: 377/280/276/274/284

For reference, the fixed USA Mew DVs are: (5 hp) / 10 atk / 1 def / 12 speed / 5 special

At level 100 and full EV: 383/288/270/292/278

As you might notice, the Special and defense DVs are necessarily different, it can't be a not EV trained USA fixed DV mew.

Also, there's the PCNY mew distribution, which either had fixed DVs or was shiny locked with random DVs.

That's the info I have. It's a petty all these mews and celebies are doomed to dissappear (specially celebies which probably already have).

ps: and also, there's the perfect IV mew recently distributed in japan, but I guess that doesn't count :P

Hi,

I got my Gen I Mew in Belgium (Cora event) and it had the same DV's as the US one.

So I'm surprised that for Spain random genes have been distributed.

If it's confirmed, since concept of Shiney was not there in Gen I, the Mew machine probably does not locked shiny genes and this possibly, shiny legit Mew might exist ! As opposed to what what is generally thought.

Question that shall be clarified to confirm this :

- Have Mew with random genes been released during Gen I (so before Nintendo would have the idea to lock the Shiny genes) ?

So conclusion we can safely say that during Gen I :

- Mew has been released with fixed DVs

During Gen II :

- Celebi has been released with random (but probably Shiny locked) DVs

- Mew has been released with known fixed DVs and random (but Shiny locked)

Still to clarify : the point of Gen I Mew from Spain with random genes and possibly not Shiny locked.

@j2k15 may you mind posting your Mew's OT and ID# (if you still got them of course)?

Also, I've been lurking the old Azure Heights forum searching information about the mews, and yes, apparently all distributions had fixed DVs, but some exceptions arise. With all the gamesharked mews one can' really be sure about it though...

i.e. Mewtosama posted:

Every official Mew I have, have the same max stats. I dont remember the stats exactly.

Except for the "NINTEN" Mew i have. THat one has some bugs in it. Its max GENES are 20 points off.

That NINTEN OT is also weird...I've read it might have been one of the original 151 by nintendo power, but that distro is not listed in bulbapedia? Someone said that the ad for that distro featured that OT.

Also, White Cat posted:

According to Keibu's post in the other thread, we now have Mews from Canada, Australia, and Spain that have the exact same stats.

But even though I have found posts by the user Keibu that really make me think he did go to the event, I haven't found this post of him White Cat's is talking about. Also, there's no reference to the OT, which is a shame. It's a pitty I couldn't find any user that goes by the name "Keibu" at spanish forums, he even had a GBexchanger, so the chances he dumped his save with the spanish mew are high, but locating him would be almost impossible 16 years leater... same goes to trying to contact White Cat.

Last but not leas, I can't find the thread right now, but an user posted that he had a lot of mews, all with the same stats, BUT he had one with ID# 0000001, and that mew had perfect DVs. Maybe it was a fake information, hacked or maybe nintendo really did make the very first distributed mew by the machines perfect.

Last, here's a compilation of legit OTs and IDs found at azure heights, all these mews are said to have the following DVs: (HP - 5), Attack - 10, Defense - 1, Special - 5, Speed - 12.

United States distributions

OT: LINKE
ID: 45013

ID: 45104

OT: LUIGE
ID: 005512

ID: 263103

Toy's R US (not sure if USA or Canada)

OT: YOSHIRA
IDno:55932

Toy's R US (USA for sure, this is the one we actually got a savegame for)

OT: YOSHIRB
ID: 55702

-------------------------
Sydney 2000 distribution

Mew #1
OT: NAL
ID: 00239

Mew #2
ID: 00450

Note: Australian PokeTour 1999 had AUS as OT.

From Calgary (Canada), Alberta Stadium tour in March 2000:
OT: YOSHIC
ID: 30895

England

OT: UK
ID: 30091

note: I know that Bluewater Shopping Center in Kent, England on May 27, 2000 distribution had UK as OT name, but above's mew might not be from that event, as supposedly all England distributions had UK as OT.
note 2: apparently in England no certificate was coupled with the Mew.

Also, what would interesting to know is the DVs of Mew given during Gen II.

I agree, but that will be very complicated, as all gen 2 batteries are dead by now, so only two people will still have that Mew:

- Those who transfered to gen 1/pokemon stadium 2.

- Those with a backup device.

I think there were little gen 2 distributions back in the day, in fact the only one I know of is the one from PNYC.

@j2k15 may you mind posting your Mew's OT and ID# (if you still got them of course)?

United States distributions

ID: 45013

ID: 45104

ID: 005512

ID: 263103

Toy's R US (not sure if USA or Canada)

OT: YOSHIRA
IDno:55932

Toy's R US (USA for sure, this is the one we actually got a savegame for)

OT: YOSHIRB
ID: 55702

Sydney 2000 distribution

Mew #1
ID: 00239

Mew #2
ID: 00450

Note: Australian PokeTour 1999 had AUS as OT.

From Calgary (Canada), Alberta Stadium tour in March 2000:
OT: YOSHIC
ID: 30895

England

OT: UK
ID: 30091

note: I know that Bluewater Shopping Center in Kent, England on May 27, 2000 distribution had UK as OT name, but above's mew might not be from that event, as supposedly all England distributions had UK as OT.
note 2: apparently in England no certificate was coupled with the Mew.

Note: there was also a LINKW that was distributed on "west" coast. I'm in Texas and remember very clearly going to the Arlington parks mall, lining up and handing over my blue cartridge to get a Mew from the machine. I don't have the Mew anymore, sadly, but I still have the Pokemon 2000 tour badges which prove I attended the event (or bought them on ebay... don't trust everything on the internet :P). But really, there was a LINKW. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_European_language_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_distributions_in_Generation_I#Pok.C3.A9mon_2000_Stadium_Tour_Mew

If i recall correctly, the ID was assigned by the following algorithm:

Fixed 5 digit ID (example: 01234)

+ How many cartridges had received Mew before you that day (example 50)

+ 1 (since you're receiving a Mew) (so your OT would be 01285)

I could be wrong on the algo though, it just seems to make sense because the same event at the US tour would generate different IDs. It's also slightly proven by the quoted piece above, with the same OT LINKE and different ID's (likely the cartridges were not too far from each other in line). I wish I could find one of the Mew machines on eBay or something to confirm.

You are right, I only posted the combinations I know of for sure. You might notice that the YOSHIRA and B are in the 55K numbers. I highly doubt 55K people went to the event, it's more likely that distribution started at 55000 or 55001.

So, we can't really be sure some IDs even existed (even if they were a possibility). Since all the mews have the same dvs, I think having just a single legit one for each OT is enough.

I also noticed one of the LUIGE mews has an extra ID number. This is not my typo, so I guess we can't know its real OD. Fortunately we have another LUIGE mew.

I agree, but that will be very complicated, as all gen 2 batteries are dead by now, so only two people will still have that Mew:

- Those who transfered to gen 1/pokemon stadium 2.

- Those with a backup device.

I think there were little gen 2 distributions back in the day, in fact the only one I know of is the one from PNYC.

A saw a .sav of Pokemon Crystal with few PNYC Pokemon events incl. Mew.

I'll have a look and check its OT, ID and DV's.

Talking about mew: http://i.imgur.com/l7t9B5w.jpg

Source: http://imgur.com/gallery/KTad3

In the first USA Mew event (only 151) seems like there was a different Mew. The data seen on the image is the following:

OT: NINTEN

ID: 24145

At level 39:

HP: 134

Atk: 90

Def: 96

Speed: 92

Special: 91

It's a pitty the screenshot features it at level 39 and not at level 100 or 5. From the stats we can know it's not a perfect DV mew or a candied Mew with no EV training (impossible defense stat without ev training). The stats shown can correspond to an EV trained fixed DV mew, but the fact that Speed stat is 92 means the speed stat should have less than 50 EV if the Speed DV was 12. Since the other stats would have needed EV training, the only possible conclusion is that the Mew shown in the picture has different DVs.

MewtwoSama wrote at azureheights "Every official Mew I have, have the same max stats. I dont remember the stats exactly. Except for the "NINTEN" Mew i have. That one has some bugs in it. Its max GENES are 20 points off."

I contacted him and there's a small chance he still has the mew, but it may be in his n64 cartridge and he doesn't have a n64 anymore. If these 151 NINTEN mew had fixed DVs or not will probably remain a mistery.

ps: I've been checking some spanish magazines from the year 2000 (luckily people have scanned those and uploaded to the net) and I find it very surprising that even though there are many mentions to the pokemon champsionsips and the place they were held at (some kind of pokémon exposition they had running for 3 months), there's no mention to the mew distribution at all. I wonder were the bulbapedia article got that information from.

Edited by suloku

I have very great news everyone: I have "obtained" one of the very first Mews distributed in Denmark. Only 30 were originally distributed, and the OT isn't even listed at bulbapedia. The most important thing is that the owener has been kind enough to make some tests to check it's DVs and ensure they are in fact the same fixed DVs we all know.

I'll post OT and ID after the owner gives explicit permission (he has given implicit permission, but better ask).

I feel like he's traded me the mew, since this is the only one I'm personally sure of its DVs, which makes me kinda happy for some reason (maybe personally getting an official Mew after more than 15 years has this effect).

The bad news is that he also had a celebi, which is already lost (battery died) and even though he's got the certificate and thus the ID nº, we can't know its genes or OT :(

Thanks for all these info.

It'd be so great if we could get our hands on a Mew or Celebi machines. :-)

Did you get to check your BENELLUX Mew OT?

Also, might you have a copy of your Blue and Gold savegames in your meganmemory card? You can put a rom from GSC in your flashcart and trade the pokémon to the flascart, then extract the save to the computer, but I guess if you had to use pikasav you couldn't backup your savegames to the mega memory card...

Hi,

My saves are gone.

That's why I want to recreate the ones I got.

Mew I will be able but not my Celebi since I don't know its original DV's.

The ID of my BENELUX Mew is 26xxx. I just put 'x' 'cause I would prefer it's not reproduced by someone else.

Benelux means Belgium Netherlands Luxemburg. Maybe it means at least 26k Mew have been distributed with this machine...

In fact I did not attend the event myself at the time but a friend went and traded me one Mew she received.

I see here that in this event, Celebi has been given with possibility (12%) to get it Shiny.

I also see a Mew has been given. Would be interesting to get its DVs.

Any idea on how DVs are generated so that 12% of them can be Shiny ?

For all given as Shiny, only attack (and HP) DV can be randomized if the case.

If someone has any info (also more precision about OT and ID) feel free to share.

I'm thinking about recreate a sav with those Pokemon and eggs.

Are you sure celebi wasn't shiny locked in generation 2?

I just found this at gamefaqs regarding PNYC celebi: "The Pokémon Center in New York, way back when, distributed legit Celebi. You plugged your cart into the machine and it got downloaded into your game. I saw someone get a red one and I was like WOAH.

Couple of minutes later I got one in my Crystal version."

So it would seem it wasn't shiny locked. I wonder if the mew was DV locked...

I have been wondering today about gen 2 DVs too... mainly because Gold Ursaring uploaded so many mews. Also, because some of those mews are sequential:

OT: DV bytes
---------------
1044: 0B-0F
1045: 7F-8F

1052: BE-9B
1053: D4-34

421: 5F-79
422: 41-A5
423: E0-77

1011: A4-16
1012: F4-8D

So I was wondering... what if the distribution machines used the same PRNG algorythm used in the Gen 2 cartridges? I was worried about how it would skip the shiny ones because I though it was shiny locked, but if it wasn't shiny locked and it uses the same PRNG as GSC... we could find the initial seed used and actually test if that was the seed generation method! How cool would it be to actually be able to generate every damn celebi from pnyc?

Also, since I already managed to gather a celebi from the celebi tour (via in-game DV calculation after full EV training, but at some point I might get the save), we could even test if DVs were tied in some way to ID#. Maybe ID# IS the seed (depending on how the PRNG works...)

Also, GSC have the red gyarados event. I have yet to test if this red gyarados always has the same attack DV, or that DV is also random. If the DV is also random (which would actually make sense), that means we could also get the shiny-fixed algorythm from the games, and test it against the PNYC shinies (gold ursaring also retrieved many of those).

Unfortunately, I don't have any assembly or reverse engineering skills. I might bring this to Hacky's attention, he has recently broken Crystal's mobile system and even was able to trade with himself, so he has the skills to get the algorythm.

Of course those machines were made with a SNES, so the algorythm might be totally different, who knows... I wonder were all those machines ended up (same for gen 3 distributions).

The events I was referring (just saw the link was not pasted) was the Gotta Catch'em all event.

There it's specified that the Celebi can come shiny.

For the non legendary ones, the fact that it is Shiny or not does not depend on ID. OT name and ID would be the one of the hatcher.

They just say that 12% is the odd to get it shiny.

For the in-game red Gyarados, if I'm not wrong it can be male or female. Meaning that attack IV was not fixed !

The Mews uploaded by Red Ursaring were from Gen II or Gen I ?

It would be classy to recreate such generators !

Also I bought a Retrode.

I've just to wait the GB Plugin is back in stock. It'll be easier to transfer .pkm files into cartridge.

If you have the algorithm, I can write a program to generate the corresponding pkm files.

Seems some people have been doing quite a good dissassembly for the pokemon games, here's the PRNG in crystal: https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal/blob/d2a3e4a6a42b58e7b0005558a7dcb3907a76b7fd/home/random.asm

But I don't really understand asm code. I'm still trying to find how this used for wild encounters. If the red gyarados could be female, then the code should be there too for the guyarados event.

About the random eggs being shiny, a 12% rate is pretty high. This acually remembered me of the Odd egg event in crystal: http://upokecenter.dreamhosters.com/articles/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-crystal/pokemon-crystal-odd-egg/

The odd egg event is just hardcoded: a non-shiny egg and shiny egg are in the game, the probablity for each egg is also hardcoded. I doubt the PNYC had all its life events hardcoded, so either it wasn't a 12% chance or there was a different algorythm for eggs and another for pokemon... who knows, but 12% probablity of shiny celebi sounds fishi. Also, maybe the pncy Mew was shiny locked due to having the same fixed DVs as the other ones.

It's indeed sounds fichu but this is what I can find here.

These Pokémon were distributed at the New York Pokémon Center Gotta catch 'em all! Station. Players could obtain one Pokémon per week per visit.

The Pokémon can be either Shiny or non-Shiny unless otherwise specified; these Pokémon have a 12.5% chance of being Shiny. All Pokémon except evolved Pokémon and legendary Pokémon are distributed as Eggs.

What I'd like to recreate (probably based on Raspberry or a small compute stick) and Retrode + GB Plugin device is a distribution machine based on the Gotta Catch'em all distribution.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Gotta_Catch_%27Em_All_event_Pok%C3%A9mon

The toughest part will be to get the generation algo's.

About distribution based on cartridge (like the blue version used at Toys'Rus), had the player have to trade one of his Pokemon against Mew ? If not it means it was not an actual cartridge.

It's indeed sounds fichu but this is what I can find here.

What I'd like to recreate (probably based on Raspberry or a small compute stick) and Retrode + GB Plugin device is a distribution machine based on the Gotta Catch'em all distribution.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Gotta_Catch_%27Em_All_event_Pok%C3%A9mon

The toughest part will be to get the generation algo's.

The concern would be about ID#-DV relationship.

For egg distribution, that's no problem, since OT and ID are those of the hatched egg.

Luckily in Gold Ursaring's savegame there's a shiny charmader that should have hatched from an egg. Its attack IV is 3. Odd egg's shiny attack value was fixed to 2 and fortunately there are other hatched shiny eggs in the save, with different attack DV values. Basically this means all these eggs can be reproduced, since there's no ID-DV relationship, they will be the same as the distributed ones when hatched. If you want to do such a device, you can use any algorythm to randomize the attack DV.

Are you sure the red gyarados can be female though? In the dissassembly it would seem DVs are fixed to EAAA (14, 10, 10, 10), but maybe it's just that the attack DV gets randomized later in the function, which would be great.

Also, the 12'5% would actually make more sense for me for the egg distributions, but maybe the same algorythm was applied to celebi distribution.

Besides Mew and Celebi, every other distribution that wasn't an egg was shiny fixed

The problem is essentially that any of the fixed PCNYa/b/c/d OT + ID + DV comination is unique. There are two options:

- This ID-DV relationship is stationary: the distro machine will always generate those same DVs for a given ID. That would be the best case scenario.

- The ID had no relationship to the DVs whatsoever, it was random, and constantly changed as long as the machine was powered up, meaning the same machine with same ID would provide a different pokemon.

Here are ID-DV of the shiny pokemon in the savegame, Maybe there's an algoryhtm that can predict all combinations for the shiny DVs. The red gyarados algorythm might be the key here. I did a couple tests with a savegame, but it seemed to always output a 14,10,10,10 gyarados... In fact the Gyarados in my crystal savegame and gold savegame have 14,10,10,10 both... of course this might have been just coincidence, we should find out.

Possible shiny attack DV: 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14, 15

31 (B, typhlosion) - 3
32 (B, feraligtr) - 3
33 (B, lugia) - 3

129 (C, entei) - 15

135 (B, typhlosion) - 11
136 (B, typhlosion)- 10
137 (B, Meganium) - 14
138 (B, Meganium) - 15

252 (D, Typhlosion) - 15 

509 (B, entei) - 2
510 (B, raikou) - 10
594 (B, entei) - 2
598 (B, Raikou) - 3
599 (B, suicune) - 2

612 (B, entei) - 3

629 (B, suicune) - 2

EDIT: bad news, the gyarados event is fixed to DVs 0xEAAA as I suspected. I used the following cheatcode on crystal:

Fight Shiny Pokémon

010730D2

What this code does is keep the value at address 0x30D2 always 0x07. This is most likely the variable that holds the Battle Type and 0x07 corresponds to the shiny gyarados battle. This is also why you can't scape from battle when using this code. I've captured several pokémon with this code, and every single one of the had 14 attack. There's no pokemon gold/silver dissasembly, but I don't expect the forced shiny event to be any different.

Fun fact: the caught data (only visible in crystal) states that all the pokemon were catched at level 5, even though they were clearly distributed ad different levels (except celebi). Maybe this was fixed in the machine. The location data seems correct, I don't think there are any fakes in the save, but I find it amusing that you received entei at level 40 and in crystal it would say it was received at level 5 because of this. Maybe this was set up for celebi and they forgot to change the setting back, the events in the save seem to be all from after the celebi distribution, since there are no legendary bird events in there, which came after the first beast distro and before the first celebi distro according to bulbapedia.

About distribution based on cartridge (like the blue version used at Toys'Rus), had the player have to trade one of his Pokemon against Mew ? If not it means it was not an actual cartridge.

The first distribution at toys are us was made trough direct trade. I have read that these had all the same ID, I'm in the process of getting more information regarding this. The Tour distributions already had the mew machines. Actually, I have firsthand information that in the very first stop the distributors were still testing out the machines, so they actually transfered to the first to arrive with direct trade: They used the machine on their cart, then traded with the people who went there. Probably they just did this for a short time until they saw that the machine was working fine.

I'm not sure at all for the possibility of the Red Gyarados to be a female.

I checked on the Internet and it seems that people are saying it's fixed to 15.

http://upcarchive.playker.info/0/upokecenter/content/pokemon-gold-version-silver-version-and-crystal-version-diversification-values.html

So it really seems to be fixed. Since you did a few test, I think we can assume it's attack gene is 15 (F).

What will be difficult to figure out is :

How 12,5% is processed. Based on which factors? Just random ?

When shinny, how attack DV is set ?

For non shiny ones, how DV's are calculated ? Random with Shiny locked ? Would make sense and maybe this algorythm is the one for the ones which cannot be Shiny.

Is the OT or ID a key to generate DV's ? Maybe it's a key to determine Shinyness ??

So it really seems to be fixed. Since you did a few test, I think we can assume it's attack gene is 15 (F).

It's actually 14 (E) both in the dissassembly and my tests with the cheat code.

I'm carrying some bad news. I've been trying to understand the asm code. The RNG function is apparently the same in gen 1 and gen 2, at least on the dissassemblies. It uses a value that increases by clock cycles, not a seed that gets advanced like in gen 3 games. If the distro machines used something similar, there's actually no ID-DV association, as that would depend on when the button was pressed to do the transfer, so every pokemon was really unique, not like the MYSTERY mews in gen 3, which were generated with an initial seed using a PID generation algorythm. This predictability is what allowed sabresite to re-make the missing ones.

There's still hope: pokemon stadium does use a linear PRNG, maybe that's what was used for the distro machines... but I highly doubt that, since pokémon stadium was actually coded without any of the gameboy source code (yes, the coder just re-did all the mechanichs) Maybe that was only the Japanesse pokemon stadium 1, don't know about Stadium 2 or Stadium 3 (internationa Stadium and Stadium 2).

Since the distro machines were based on SNES hardware, I doubt anything on a n64 game will be of some use... so basically I think there's no way we can re-create any legit celebi trough ID-DV association since, from my point of view at this moment, it was dependent also on the time the machine had been running and when the pokemon was actually generated.

I wish nintendo still cared about these events in some way... in fact the recent mew distribution for japanese 3ds virtual console games has perfect DVs and fixed OT and ID.

Lets see what happens when they release gen 2 to virtual console (there's no way they are not doing it, it's easy money).

At least we have around 10 celebis from PCNY distribution, which is nice. Not so nice for the missing non-egg distros (birds, mew).