[GEN 5] Generation 5 save tool - entralink, medals, join avenue and others not in pokegen

suloku

6 hours ago, crazyrazor said:

No i need to know if powersave will let me use bw save tool on this page here to inject pokemon into the forest on my old ds for black game

Erm, am I not explaining this right? I feel like I've been as clear as I could have been..

and what IRL physical tool did you want to use? The tool called Powersaves 3DS right?

As I explained earlier, that tool does not work with NDS carts.

You can't use Powersaves on NDS carts, period. BW Save tool requires saves from NDS carts. It won't magically connect to Powersaves.

6 hours ago, crazyrazor said:

Never mind bit searching on google and ps uses a bin file not a sav file so i cant edit my black games and my old 3ds homebrew does not let me edit older games

a) that's not the problem
b) the bin file made by Powersaves is a type of save file; it's a encrypted save file for the 3DS.
However, even if we remove that, you can't use Powersaves on NDS carts.
Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, White 2, are NDS carts.

• 3 weeks later...

got it all working can save my data from all gen 4 games and up using homebrew on my 3ds gave it a little test this afternoon and had pokemon walking around in the forest lol its just a pain in the back having to add 1 at a time and just spent a good while filling in each area on bw2 only for me not to save and press close lmao oh well back to it thanks for this BW tool keep up the good work guys

• 1 month later...

flag1 hint medal can be received

flag1+flag2 medal can be received

flag2 hint medal obtained

flag3 obtained(date will become 2000/0/0 if only flag3)

flag4 unread(shine)

i think

Edited by futuu

• 1 month later...

Can you add an Entralink Level to this Editor? I really need it in BW to get the final version of the Trainer card and the Requirement is "Obtain all the 33 Entralink Pass Powers". I haven't Tried out the BW2 version where "Get both the Black and White Entree levels to 30 or higher " is the requirement.

Regarding on the Medals. Is "Give All" gonna be added on future releases?

About the Props. I tried giving all the props to my character both Black and White but it doesn't trigger the  Trainer Card Upgrade. It's the only way you can get the "Tiara" Prop IIRC because the original requirement for it is to participate in a wireless Musical.

Edited by Glade
More questions

• 11 months later...

EDIT: Resolved. It seems the completed saved was truly complete. Anyway, using my own completed save solved the issue, lol. Sorry to bother

Hi, sorry if I'm beating a dead horse but I have looked all over the internet and cannot figure out how to use this tool. My copy of Black 2 is almost completely busted (usable but fragile) so I've been using an emulator in place of it. I just want to go through N's flashbacks and catch his pokemon. I loaded my Black 2 sav file, clicked Memory Link, imported the .sav file from Black 1, clicked save and exit, clicked save to create the save file, imported said save file and nothing changed. : (

I tried it again, but with clicking Update Checksums before hitting save at the end. Still nothing has changed.

I'm about pulling my hair out, so any advice would be appreciated, lol.

If it helps, because I had beaten the game on my physical cart, I went ahead and just downloaded a completed save from here which, based on the mount of trainers I keep running into that haven't been battled, I suspect was just hacked to completion rather than played to completion. If that's the problem I can wait until my 32g sd card comes in so I can finally homebrew my 3ds so I can dump my physical save (tbh would be kinda nice to do that anyway, lol)

Again, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Saga3Tale

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 11:42 PM, RequiemWasStolen said:

I can't get the medals to properly add.

I set the obtain date for the ones that I have hint medals for and it doesn't work for me.

Is there something I'm missing?

Did you also set unset flag 2 and set flag 3? Because from my minimal playing around, it looked like flag 2 was the hint medal one, flag 3 was the obtained one and flag 4 is the additional sparkles for unread one. Unfortunately I didn't figure out what flag 1 was for.

Note that I could be wrong on what the actual purpose of the flags are.

Edited by foohyfooh

@RequiemWasStolen Thanks to below info from @futuu I have changed the flag checkboxes to a hopefully more intuitive dropdown. You can find the build on my fork of this project at https://github.com/foohyfooh/BW_tool/releases/tag/20221228_224420. Hopefully it resolves the issue for you.

On 5/17/2021 at 3:49 PM, futuu said:

flag1 hint medal can be received

flag1+flag2 medal can be received

flag2 hint medal obtained

flag3 obtained(date will become 2000/0/0 if only flag3)

flag4 unread(shine)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm yeah, is there an instruction steps on how to inject bw1 save for bw2? Since is using a BW Save that includes everything for the Memory Link Content as your ReadMe File does not have any instruction steps on how to use bwtool or? 🤔

EDIT: Nevermind I got it now!

Edited by Shiiouri

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, recently decided to 100% Pokemon White and noticed there was no quick way to complete the Unity Tower so I made one. Simply use the save tools block dumper function and inject the bin file I attached below to the one labeled "29 - Unity Tower and survey stuff" and then save. It will unlock all 131 floors of the tower and put a dot on every region you can select in the geonet (the big globe to the right in every Pokecenter). Although it's from White 1 it should work for the Black version and even White 2 and Black 2 since I believe nothing has changed about the Unity Tower, though I'm not 100% sure so try to see if it works for yourself.

Complete Unity Tower.bin

• 3 months later...

Just a question, i'd like to use this to activate memory link features in White 2 once i finish my playthrough of black version, when i import my save data of black, will it automatically set the flags for viewing the memories throughout the games, or would they have to be set manually?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 12:28 AM, ItsFelix said:

Just a question, i'd like to use this to activate memory link features in White 2 once i finish my playthrough of black version, when i import my save data of black, will it automatically set the flags for viewing the memories throughout the games, or would they have to be set manually?

@ItsFelix - You are best off using the file in the ZIP, which includes all the necessary data needed to unlock the memories. I tried using a completed version of White and ticking all the memory flag boxes in the program as usual, but it didn't work until I used the one he included in the ZIP (see screenshot of it).

So, no need to import your save data for Black. Thanks to @suloku for this fine work!! I was desperately searching for my DSi and was going to mod it to get a ROM of White.... and do the memory thing via DS Wireless Communications. But I am glad I don't have to.

Screen Shot 2023-05-21 at 1.48.46 AM.png

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody. Maybe I'm missing something important.

I imported my Black sav to my Black2 sav, using this editor, but it seems that the information imported is not the same as my Black sav. For example, in the Nuvema Town house (home to the BW player) i see both the regional and national pokédex completion award plate, while I should only be having the regional one, since I didn't complete the national pokédex on Black..

can someone tell me what I'm missing? sorry to bother.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, origin said:

Hi everybody. Maybe I'm missing something important.

I imported my Black sav to my Black2 sav, using this editor, but it seems that the information imported is not the same as my Black sav. For example, in the Nuvema Town house (home to the BW player) i see both the regional and national pokédex completion award plate, while I should only be having the regional one, since I didn't complete the national pokédex on Black..

can someone tell me what I'm missing? sorry to bother.

Thank you!

Copying blocks between save files for different games won't work perfectly, as the games store their save data in a slightly different arrangement.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hi there, I have tried to use this tool to edit Join Avenue. However I get this error:

Am I doing something wrong? Thank you for your help.

FcaPfdg.png

Edited by Ploffy

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 6:58 AM, Ploffy said:

Hi there, I have tried to use this tool to edit Join Avenue. However I get this error:

Am I doing something wrong? Thank you for your help.

FcaPfdg.png

When do you get this error? I can't remember exactly what mine looked like but I got something like it when I tried to edit slots that I hadn't filled in yet. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking through the messages and maybe I’m just dumb but I haven’t found anyone explaining how to use the memory link feature. I tried importing black data into white 2 and then saving over the save and I’m at N’s castle and he says that he faced a certain trainer and I think if I did it right he would call them by my black version name but he doesn’t. Is this specific line of dialogue not supposed to change or did I simply do it wrong?

Edit: so I figured it out, it was a I’m dumb moment, so if anyone is to stumble on this in the future, there’s an mld file in the zip folder and you have to import that then import your bw1 data, that’s where I messed up.

Edited by FLAMECANO52