[GEN 5] Generation 5 save tool - entralink, medals, join avenue and others not in pokegen

suloku

Any plans to still work on the medal editing for this program? I'd like to make the game think my save legitimately met the conditions of some of the medals. I'm looking into trainer stat editing. Example would be a way to edit save to make game think I used the game sync once so that I can get the "Good Night" medal.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/18/2016 at 1:09 PM, suloku said:

CURRENT VERSION: 2017323_23574

I think this is finally ready for release. Download is attached to the post.

Download: https://github.com/suloku/BW_tool/releases
Source: https://github.com/suloku/BW_tool

EDIT: I forgot to mention, that sprites shown in join avenue editor are probably wrong. I made a spritesheed in order from this one (http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/48049/) as it is supposed to be in the correct order but most likely I messed up something .

Here's the full sprite sheet I use in the tool, feel free to re-sort it so all sprites are in correct order (from left to right and up to down, 256 sprites are used, the remaining ones don't really need to be sorted, but they are just a few).

A screenshot of entralink forest editor: http://puu.sh/ptrUi/93686b3fa6.png

Changelog:

23 march 2017 23:55 (BUILD 2017323_23574)
* Medals: added some hex views for research purposes
* 3DS link editor (Dream Radar) fully working and hopefully bug-free

21 june 2016 16:00 (BUILD 2016620_103138)
* PGL Banette was fixed to male instead of female

20 june 2016 16:00 (BUILD 2016619_15156)

* Fixed bug in entralink forest (crash when selecting pokemon over pachirisu in pleasant forest)
* Actually set trainer data and correctly handle badge flags
* Memory Link editor: can edit trainer name, TID and SID. Can export/import the memory link block. Can import Name, TID, SID and hall of fame from BW1 savegame. The flags are mostly unknown for now. Note: encryption seed is randomized when no data is present in BW2 savefile or importing from BW1.

19 june 2016
* First release

This tool replaces the following ones:

- Grotto and swarm tool: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?48248-Black-amp-White-2-Grotto-amp-Swarm-tool-0-1

- Entralink forest tool: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?47484-Pok%E9mon-Black-amp-White-Entralink-Forest-tool-0-1-gt-dream-pokemon-wondercard-like!-(Arceus-event-included)

All Join Avenue information thanks to this thread: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?26490-Join-Avenue-Customization-amp-Editing

So, umm, i've been trying to use the memory link option but it's not working. Can you help with that please?

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I'm trying to load a White 2 file that's 287 megabytes, its a trim file of my 524 megabyte Pokemon White 2 save file. But, whenever I try to open it, I just get an error that simply says "Invalid File". I also remember getting this error about a lack of memory or not enough memory (I will edit this post if I get the error again), but I cant seem to get the error now.  I dont know why this error is happening, and I cant find a solution for it. If anyone knows a solution, please let me know.

Regards,

The_Bibba_Boy

Edited by The_Bibba_Boy
Update

59 minutes ago, The_Bibba_Boy said:

I'm trying to load a White 2 file that's 287 megabytes, its a trim file of my 524 megabyte Pokemon White 2 save file.

That sounds like you are trying to open the ROM, not the save file. The save file usally has 512 kilobytes with .sav file extension (DeSmuME emulator is using 513kb .dsv files).

If you have trouble finding your save file check the following tutorials https://projectpokemon.org/home/tutorials/save-editing/managing-nds-saves/

23 hours ago, BlackShark said:

That sounds like you are trying to open the ROM, not the save file. The save file usally has 512 kilobytes with .sav file extension (DeSmuME emulator is using 513kb .dsv files).

If you have trouble finding your save file check the following tutorials https://projectpokemon.org/home/tutorials/save-editing/managing-nds-saves/

I tried with the .dsv file, and same error. :( It was 524,288 kb if that makes any difference.

10 hours ago, The_Bibba_Boy said:

I tried with the .dsv file, and same error. :( It was 524,288 kb if that makes any difference.

That's weird, 524,288 bytes is exactly 512 kb which is the size of a regular save file, but in that case it should be .sav not .dsv. Though Gen 5 save tool should be able to load it regardless of its file extension.

Let's try this, in DeSmuME go to File > Export Backup Memory and see if the resulting file can be opened. If it doesn't please upload your save file so we can check what might be wrong (I assume you already saved at least twice ingame).

8 hours ago, BlackShark said:

That's weird, 524,288 bytes is exactly 512 kb which is the size of a regular save file, but in that case it should be .sav not .dsv. Though Gen 5 save tool should be able to load it regardless of its file extension.

Let's try this, in DeSmuME go to File > Export Backup Memory and see if the resulting file can be opened. If it doesn't please upload your save file so we can check what might be wrong (I assume you already saved at least twice ingame).

I can try that later today... but I just want to mention that I brought this save file over from my REAL cartridge game, and not from a ROM online. Whats also weird is that when I load the .nds file from my cartridge into DeSmuME, it prompts me to start a new game... I looked into this and I tried to fix it, but no solutions/tutorials work, and I could never get DeSmuME to load what is REALLY in my save file. I may end up uploading the .ds file altogether if nothing else works, and maybe someone can find a solution. 

On 10/28/2020 at 7:44 AM, BlackShark said:

Hey, I have a question. I used GM9 on my 3ds to extract the White 2 file, but does it only extract an .nds version of the BASE game, and NOT the literal save file on the cartridge? I'm thinking maybe that's my issue on why nothing is loaded into the save file.

****Edit****

I got it to work and I can use BW Save tool. I downloaded TWLSavetool ands used that to extract the save file on my 3ds. Sorry for the confusion, and thank you anyway! Ill let you know if any other issues occur. 

Edited by The_Bibba_Boy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

Is there a way to bypass Entralink Tutorial in BW? Like when the old guy tells you to go to another player's world but you don't have two consoles/games,

I want to develop the tree to receive Pass Powers or hack them so I can use. Is that possible in PKHex or another editor?

Yes, PKHeX has it listed in Event Flags.

image.png.452ec35cbcd971533e36103442fdf300.png

The Entree itself can also be edited in PKHeX, though I remember having to kind of fudge it a little.

Pretty sure this project is dead, which is a shame, because it's the only editor I've found that seemed to have an interest in editing trainer records the way PKHeX allows for Gen 6 and up.

Edited by WonderSquid

22 hours ago, WonderSquid said:

Yes, PKHeX has it listed in Event Flags.

Thanks for your response. However, this option is not in the versions I'm downloading here. Is it a specific version?
Maybe just in B2W2, but it's not my case.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Edited by llShiro

Oops, my mistake.

I'm in the process of checking now, and have discovered I have a maxed out Entree without completing the tutorial somehow? Which is weird because I could've sworn I did complete the tutorial given I have two DSes and distinctly remember doing the bridge thing myself. A lot, even. It took hours and I hated it. 

It seems to be a group of flags from 0x1D901 to 0x1D907, which you'd set to FF FF FF FF FF FF, but I can't be sure (and I wouldn't know how to deal with the checksums anyway. I also only tested this across two games, and it's worth noting that across the two it didn't seem to set the same flags. 

image.png.3f416731b2dfb2a17ae5e1dda78cc20c.png

image.png.e07a49f67c0ada5dcb26425d94f34132.png

This is about as far as I personally can get you in terms of testing because again, not great with checksums, and in order to edit this stuff in and see if it's really just these 5-6 bytes, I'd need to know how they're calculated in this gen and where they're even stored. 

Though if you're just after the trainer star, there is a cheat code for it.

Sorry, I hope this helps. 

Thank you for your time. But, I really wanted to get Pass Powers, the high rank ones. If I could just hack them, awesome. But, no prob have to develop the tree as the game intended to. However, there's this Tutorial Barrier.

I remember when I had the real game card (the time they launched) and all. I found pretty stupid something in the game that can get you stuck in a way if you don't have other console or a friend with one to help. I had, that time, a neighbour that had. That's GF.

Edited by llShiro

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/20/2020 at 5:42 PM, Dreemurr64 said:

Does this work for BW2?

Yes, but certain aspects of the memory link won't be perfect. For one the rival battles are not the same as your save files. They will all be as if you had picked oshawott in BW1 which is a shame. I wish Suloku had taken that into consideration but since this is a dead project........

Can someone tell me how to make the medal guy APPEAR with this tool? (Not just make it "obtained" in the medal box)

I swear I was able to do a few months ago unless I'm wrong. Setting flag 3 & a date doesn't make the guy appear in the pokemon center.

Edit: I'm also unable to untick "obtained" after setting a date.

Edit 2: Nvm, made the guy appear

Edited by Jollygator

• 2 weeks later...

A wild update appeared!

EDIT: I found where props are stored, so I went and added an unlock all button for memory link and props will be imported from BW savegame (if for some reason you wouldn't want every prop...)

Some fixes I got pointed out, dream radar and memory link should properly work now. I may look into prop case editing since I've noticed pkhex is missing it (or maybe I just couldn't find it). No promises. Unfortunately, medal editing and join avenue are as buggy and incomplete as prior release.

13 march 2021 22:45 (BUILD 2021313_224710)
* Memory Link:
Props are now imported from BW savegame
Added button to unlock all props

13 march 2021 21:00 (BUILD 20211313_21124)
* Dream Radar: Fixed item logic. Works propperly now. Amount limit is 255.
* Memory Link:
Now fully trainer name/id/sid (also when importing from BW) which fixes prop case event showing the wrong name. (Thanks Black Shark from almost 4 years ago).
Added starter pokémon editing and importing from BW savefile.
* Block dumper:
Added info for what BW blocks are.
Enabled decrypting for BW block 38
* Grotto editor: no longer crashes if grotto tables are missing

https://github.com/suloku/BW_tool/releases

Edited by suloku
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since I did stumble upon prop case flags while trying to improve memory link, I decided it wouldn't hurt to code a simple prop case editor since pkHex doesn't seem to have one.

https://github.com/suloku/BW_tool/releases

16 march 2021 17:45 (BUILD 2021316_17468)
* Added Prop case editor for BW and B2W2 (thanks to bulbapedia for listing them in order and hosting the sprites)
* Fixed crash when changing flags in Memory Link
* Grotto table images are now embedded (no need for grotto tables folder and files)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crazyrazor said:

can i  use AR powersave to get a sav file from my BW B2W2 on my ds and use this tool?

You mean Powersaves, the hacking dongle for 3DS?
If so, the answer is NO.

Powersaves don't even let you inject edited 3DS saves.
So even if it could be used with NDS saves, you won't be able to inject it back to your cart.

Install CFW to your 3DS. Any 3DS can be hacked: https://3ds.hacks.guide/
Once your 3DS is hacked, you can extract your NDS save using homebrew (point 2 or 3),
Any other questions, start your own thread and ask there. However note we ain't a 3DS hacking forum, so quality of answers may vary.

19 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

You mean Powersaves, the hacking dongle for 3DS?
If so, the answer is NO.

Powersaves don't even let you inject edited 3DS saves.
So even if it could be used with NDS saves, you won't be able to inject it back to your cart.

Install CFW to your 3DS. Any 3DS can be hacked: https://3ds.hacks.guide/
Once your 3DS is hacked, you can extract your NDS save using homebrew (point 2 or 3),
Any other questions, start your own thread and ask there. However note we ain't a 3DS hacking forum, so quality of answers may vary.

no mate on old ds for black white to use the dreamworld edit tool 

47 minutes ago, crazyrazor said:

no mate on old ds for black white to use the dreamworld edit tool 

and what IRL physical tool did you want to use? The tool called Powersaves 3DS right?

As I explained earlier, that tool does not work with NDS carts.

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

and what IRL physical tool did you want to use? The tool called Powersaves 3DS right?

As I explained earlier, that tool does not work with NDS carts.

No i need to know if powersave will let me use bw save tool on this page here to inject pokemon into the forest on my old ds for black game

Never mind bit searching on google and ps uses a bin file not a sav file so i cant edit my black games and my old 3ds homebrew does not let me edit older games