[GEN 5] Generation 5 save tool - entralink, medals, join avenue and others not in pokegen

suloku

The program has been updated with 3DS Link support (Dream Radar). This can be used to obtain all Dream Radar exclusive pokémon without actually using Dream Radar, which is good news for emulator users. Also, this covers another feature that was Pockestock only until now and surpases it, as the flags for each legendary pokémon can be wiped out so they can be trasnfered multiple times (even on real hardware).
https://github.com/suloku/BW_tool/releases

3DS Link editor: this allows to edit the 3DS link data, which was only ever used by Pokémon Dream radar. This has a "legal mode" (default), on which you can only insert pokémon and items available in Dream Radar and a "All mode" on which you can insert any pokémon or item. The main purpose is to allow the retreival of Dream Radar exclusive pokémon (like weather trio terrian formes) without the actual need to use Dream Radar. You can also clear the catched flags so you may transfer the legendary pokémon again to your savefile.

You may read the research thread here if interested:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having problems with the 3DS Link feature. I put the therian forms of the weather trio in the legendary slots and when I choose 3DS Link at the title screen the three Pokémon show up but then I only get an error screen telling me to turn off my system. Am I doing something wrong? 

EDIT: Nevermind. I loaded my living dex into my save file before using this tool, but I had only unlocked 8 boxes in the game yet, which is why everytime I tried accessing the PC I got the aforementioned error screen. 

I guess it could be done. Do you mean npc visitors or online visitors?

In both cases the best/easiest would be to dump visitors (before speaking with them) and create some sort of database and randomly insert the visitors onto the save.

The npc would be the easiest, but I think each language version has it's own npc names and text, so ideally a database dor each different language should be made or else you can end up with english stores in your italian game.

It wouldn't be difficult to if I write a simple npc extractor, using desmune will allow to get lots of npc in little time by changing the console's clock.

6 hours ago, suloku said:

I guess it could be done. Do you mean npc visitors or online visitors?

In both cases the best/easiest would be to dump visitors (before speaking with them) and create some sort of database and randomly insert the visitors onto the save.

The npc would be the easiest, but I think each language version has it's own npc names and text, so ideally a database dor each different language should be made or else you can end up with english stores in your italian game.

It wouldn't be difficult to if I write a simple npc extractor, using desmune will allow to get lots of npc in little time by changing the console's clock.

Yeah, NPC visitors. As for Desmume, you mean changing the clock of the PC, or is there a way to change the clock in the emulator itself?

• 2 months later...

I imported your Memory Link file onto my Black 2, and switched the trainer name, TID and SID to my own, fine and dandy, but upon receiving the Prop Case with the BW trainer's props, the game refers to the BW trainer as Suloku, which is neither the default Memory Link name or the name I inserted. I don't know much about coding, but I assume somewhere you inserted a (placeholder?) name that got left on accident. Is there a way to edit that somehow? (Just for the record, the prop case is the only incident I've encountered so far with that error--the memory that triggers N's Pokemon to appear in the wild had no such problem, so I can assume it's just that one scenario) Thank you for any assistance! (A+ tool btw, has been quite helpful in simulating the defunct online services, 10/10)

Edited by Sirnight

4 hours ago, Sirnight said:

I imported your Memory Link file onto my Black 2, and switched the trainer name, TID and SID to my own, fine and dandy, but upon receiving the Prop Case with the BW trainer's props, the game refers to the BW trainer as Suloku, which is neither the default Memory Link name or the name I inserted. I don't know much about coding, but I assume somewhere you inserted a (placeholder?) name that got left on accident. Is there a way to edit that somehow? (Just for the record, the prop case is the only incident I've encountered so far with that error--the memory that triggers N's Pokemon to appear in the wild had no such problem, so I can assume it's just that one scenario) Thank you for any assistance! (A+ tool btw, has been quite helpful in simulating the defunct online services, 10/10)

At the moment you could only change that using an Hex Editor like HxD. To do so open your save file, go to offset 0x7E844 and copy the 18 (0x12) bytes from 0x7E844 - 0x7E855 over to offset 0x7E85C - 0x7E86D.

After that you need to fix the checksum. Open your save in BW Tool again, open the Memory Link Editor and click Save and Exit. (The Update Checksums button in the main window doesn't take the DLC region into account.)

@suloku In ML_Block2 TID (0x5C), SID (0x5E) and Name (0x60) needs to be set as well.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2017 at 7:10 AM, BlackShark said:

At the moment you could only change that using an Hex Editor like HxD. To do so open your save file, go to offset 0x7E844 and copy the 18 (0x12) bytes from 0x7E844 - 0x7E855 over to offset 0x7E85C - 0x7E86D.

After that you need to fix the checksum. Open your save in BW Tool again, open the Memory Link Editor and click Save and Exit. (The Update Checksums button in the main window doesn't take the DLC region into account.)

@suloku In ML_Block2 TID (0x5C), SID (0x5E) and Name (0x60) needs to be set as well.

I attempted to do so, but after I copied the code over to (hopefully) the right place and went to open it in BW Tool, I got an error message saying 'invalid file'. TWLSaveTool says the file is the wrong size, but on the SD card it's still the same old 512 KB. What did I do wrong?

3 hours ago, Sirnight said:

I attempted to do so, but after I copied the code over to (hopefully) the right place and went to open it in BW Tool, I got an error message saying 'invalid file'. TWLSaveTool says the file is the wrong size, but on the SD card it's still the same old 512 KB. What did I do wrong?

You probably inserted the copied bytes to the offset I mentioned instead of replacing the bytes that were previously there.

Mark 0x7E85C - 0x7E86D and then paste the copied bytes, so those that were previously there get overwritten.

If you paste via the right click context menu in HxD you will have two pasting options. Paste write and paste insert. Paste write is what you need here.

• 5 months later...

I don't understand how to use the memory link feature. I imported my Black save data and ticked all boxes for unlocked memories. I don't see my trophies in Nuvema town though... Where can I get memory link data .mld that has all memories unlocked?

nvm. all good

Edited by Guest

On 7/1/2017 at 6:44 PM, Sirnight said:

@BlackShark Success! Thank you so much for your help! :D

Hey how did you do it? I'm really bad at this :c My game also mentions Suloku even after importing data from my own Black save.

Edited by Guest

21 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

@ryamyun I explained in my posts above how to fix it but well here's a version of suloku's tool that has this issue fixed so it overwrites all names correctly.

BW_tool.zip

Thank you so much! Can you help me make my save look like I got all medals legitimately also? Or is it still under research?

44 minutes ago, ryamyun said:

Thank you so much! Can you help me make my save look like I got all medals legitimately also? Or is it still under research?

The only problem are the 4 flags, I'm not sure if anyone ever figured out their meaning. But besides that the editor should work. Keep a back up and try it out.

Hey, I get this error:

IvTnHa.png

When I click on "Join Avenue" in the main menu. What does "InvalidArgument=Value of '819'" mean? When I press 'continue', nothing happens. I haven't really messed around with this save file so I'm not sure what the problem is.

EDIT: Okay nvm. I went in game and invited at least 1 resident to my Join Ave. and everything works as normal.

Edited by Guest

Not that a lot of people would care but when I transfer items from the Dream Radar, it just gives me masterballs and not the selected items.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

if anybody feels lazy and doesn't want to count the sprites of join avenue i made a list of some sprites with the number

85 Cilan
86 Lenora
87 Burgh
88 Elesa
89 Clay
90 skyla
91 Brycen
92 iris 
93 Shauntal
94 Grimsley
95 Marshal
96 Caitlin
97 Alder
98 plasma grunt
99 plasma grunt 2
100 ghetsis
103 N    
105 prof. juniper
106 looker
108 a tree
110 a pokeball
111 pikachu
121 kyurem
122 keldeo
123 melloeta
125 victini
134 bianca
1 hilbert
4 hilda
238 uhh ok?
231 nate
196 zoroark

i probably  messed up some names

Edited by Alexsal979

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/24/2017 at 7:09 AM, suloku said:

The program has been updated with 3DS Link support (Dream Radar). This can be used to obtain all Dream Radar exclusive pokémon without actually using Dream Radar, which is good news for emulator users. Also, this covers another feature that was Pockestock only until now and surpases it, as the flags for each legendary pokémon can be wiped out so they can be trasnfered multiple times (even on real hardware).
https://github.com/suloku/BW_tool/releases

You may read the research thread here if interested:

This may be outdated but it says

unhandled exception.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...