Editing Pokéathlon Records

KonohaDaze

Okay so, here's the situation...

I'm attempting to reset my Pokéathlon data, specifically so that the Pokémon I had used a long time ago no longer show in the records.

After a few hours of trial and error by comparing two saves with different records, I determined Pokéathlon data begins somewhere around offset 0x4E570 and ends near 0x4D980.

Now here's where my problem begins, I re-write everything in that range in my save with one from a save that has no Pokéathlon data, and the data is corrupted. Seeing this, I restart and try making a small edit to the "Times failed" value and it still has the same problem when it had seemed that would have been fine...

I've been trying everything but to no avail, it's gotten to the point where I doubt if i'm even looking in the right place, even though it matches my records on each file perfectly when converting to decimal so it must be right as no other place on the file has similar values. There's no data for this on Google or these forums either so i'm at a loss for what to do now.

Honestly, this is the first time i've ever tried to do anything like this on a Pokémon game, can someone point me in the right direction or maybe help me out? Would be appreciated.

This is the file i'm attempting to wipe.

[ATTACH]13468[/ATTACH]

UPDATE:

Okay so, I had a brain fart and realized the save was corrupting because I didn't fix the checksums, I tried the process once more and my suspicions were proven true, as my Pokéathlon data was wiped!

However, it's impossible for me to tell if it was the only thing altered, I didn't see any hex values pertaining to anything else on my save so it's possible I might be safe.

This is one step towards my goal for researching 4th gen files since information is scarce now, I hope this helps anyone else looking to alter Pokéathlon records.

Edited by KonohaDaze
Found (possible?) Solution / Change title

Okay so, here's the situation...

I'm attempting to reset my Pokéathlon data, specifically so that the Pokémon I had used a long time ago no longer show in the records.

After a few hours of trial and error by comparing two saves with different records, I determined Pokéathlon data begins somewhere around offset 0x4E570 and ends near 0x4D980.

Now here's where my problem begins, I re-write everything in that range in my save with one from a save that has no Pokéathlon data, and the data is corrupted. Seeing this, I restart and try making a small edit to the "Times failed" value and it still has the same problem when it had seemed that would have been fine...

I've been trying everything but to no avail, it's gotten to the point where I doubt if i'm even looking in the right place, even though it matches my records on each file perfectly when converting to decimal so it must be right as no other place on the file has similar values. There's no data for this on Google or these forums either so i'm at a loss for what to do now.

Honestly, this is the first time i've ever tried to do anything like this on a Pokémon game, can someone point me in the right direction or maybe help me out? Would be appreciated.

This is the file i'm attempting to wipe.

[ATTACH]13468[/ATTACH]

UPDATE:

Okay so, I had a brain fart and realized the save was corrupting because I didn't fix the checksums, I tried the process once more and my suspicions were proven true, as my Pokéathlon data was wiped!

However, it's impossible for me to tell if it was the only thing altered, I didn't see any hex values pertaining to anything else on my save so it's possible I might be safe.

This is one step towards my goal for researching 4th gen files since information is scarce now, I hope this helps anyone else looking to alter Pokéathlon records.

this may help you correct your checksums:

After editing your Pokeathlon records, open if with Pokegen, shift a pokemon around, then save in Pokegen.

Pokegen should help you correct your checksums.

edit:

it may not work, if Pokeathlon checksums weren't programmed in, but it's worth a shot.

I have a save file were pokeathlon has never been played, if someone wants to research the offsets.

In fact, here's my soul silver save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkoh2stdjlci0ud/soulsilver.rar?dl=0

There's 70+ savegames, the numbered ones are the good ones. I did play pokeathlon in the later savegames, but any save before pokemon league or just after pokemon league doesn't have any pokeathlon data for sure (I think I didn't even enter the building). Also, all pokemon in the save are totally legitimately catched by me.

At the very least comparing the offsets with an empty pokeathlon data should help finding out if you wiped something that shouldn't have been wiped.

@theSLAYER

Yeah, that's what I did prior to your post and, indeed, it worked. Nonetheless, thank you for your input!

@theSLAYER

I already had a file with no Pokeathlon data prior as well as two different ones with Pokeathlon data, comparing them was how I came to the conclusion it was in that range.

My first goal has been completed, to wipe the records, now i'm going to try and make it so all of the records are beaten so you can get into the other rooms.

Your saves will be helpful in finding which stat is which, so thank you! I will definitely implement this if I ever make a successor to Pokegen and Pokesav.

• 4 years later...
On 16/6/2016 at 18:09, KonohaDaze said:

@el asesino

Sí, eso es lo que hice antes de tu publicación y, de hecho, funcionó. No obstante, ¡gracias por tu aporte!

@el asesino

Ya tenía un archivo sin datos de Pokeathlon antes, así como dos diferentes con datos de Pokeathlon, comparándolos fue como llegué a la conclusión de que estaba en ese rango.

Mi primer objetivo se ha cumplido, borrar los récords, ahora voy a intentar que se superen todos los récords para que puedas entrar en las otras salas.

Tus guardados serán útiles para encontrar qué estadística es cuál, ¡así que gracias! Definitivamente implementaré esto si alguna vez hago un sucesor de Pokegen y Pokesav.

Hola
¿Has creado un editor para Pokeathlon? ya es 2021 desde tu ultimo post del 2016 :D 

Hi
Have you created an editor for Pokeathlon? It's already 2021 since your last post in 2016