xd Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

StarsMmd

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2016 at 3:30 PM, StarsMmd said:

How to patch:

Hide contents

The UPS program Tsukuyomi is unable to patch the ISO. Use NUPS if on windows. Use Multipatch on Mac.

Apply the patch file to a clean Pokemon XD: Gale of darkness ISO using any UPS patcher. This patch was made for the NTSC (US) version so it will not work on other versions. The iso is quite large so it may take a few minutes.

Always patch onto a clean ISO, even if you are applying an update.

The file size for the ISO should be 1.46 GB (1.35 GiB). If it's an nkit (1.1. GB) ISO then you'll need to convert to a regular ISO using this tool. If the file size is below 1GB it's probably in a .zip, .7z, .rar or other archive and needs to be unzipped.  

Recommended Dolphin Settings:

Hide contents

High End Computers:
Run as admin
Config -> General -> Untick Dual Core and Cheats (Optional, but less likely to cause crashes)
Config -> Interface -> Untick Use Panic Handlers
Config -> Audio -> DSP LLE Recompiler
Graphics -> Direct3D 11 or OpenGL
Graphics -> Hacks -> Texture Cache Safe
Pokémon GX (XD) Properties -> GameConfig -> Tick Synchronize GPU Thread (Only use if you keep Dual Core enabled)

Low End Computers:
Run as admin
Config -> General -> Untick Cheats (Optional, but less likely to cause crashes)
Config -> Interface -> Untick Use Panic Handlers
Config -> Audio -> DSP LLE Recompiler
Graphics -> OpenGL
Graphics -> Hacks -> Texture Cache Safe
Pokémon GX (XD) Properties -> GameConfig -> Tick Synchronize GPU Thread

@Bean2299

Edited by Delta Blast Burn

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Bean2299 said:

How do you get this to run on Dolphin? I downloaded it but dolphin says it cant find any games to run. Im not tech savvy at all and cant find anything to help

Did you patch your ISO file already, or did you only downloaded the patch?

Edited by LinkNinjaMaster

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2020 at 3:08 AM, papa pure said:

Just finished a full playthrough (technically) and had zero issues apart from one. I wasnt able to get sableye to spawn since i lost to Smarton on the S.S Libra with no way to rematch. now mirror B wont spawn and ive caught and purified every pokemon other than this sableye and ho-oh. other than this, everything was perfect.

When the battle was over, did it say Sableye fled? I ran into a similar issue with the

Spoiler

endgame trying to catch Lickitung as it uses shadow explosion and kills itself. I had to exit Agate village and come back in in order to rebattle and he had the Lickitung once more. 

On 6/16/2021 at 3:22 PM, kevexecuted said:

Sacred Ash doesnt work for me, no matter how many fainted pokemon i have, it always says "its meaningless to use that item"

EcIABkN.png

If I remember correctly, this item only works outside of battle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you can get a Thick Club in this game? I have already purified the Alolan Marowak you get so the Aura Booster won't work. But since it's a Marowak, Thick Club should boost it. So wondering if there's a chance it's available in-game.

On 8/9/2021 at 7:49 PM, devinwifi said:

Hey so um, i accidentally deleted my Swellows Aerial Ace attack and its not showing up in the move learner List. Can't find any TMs with it either

Swellow turns out to be solid as a Special Attacker in the game as well, but if you want Aerial Ace it's one of the TMs bought at Realgam Tower.

On 6/16/2020 at 3:41 PM, Jayrod said:

Started a new game recently since i love this rom hack but i have one question. Is there any way to reduce EV of pokemon? I thought i remember doing it in past playthoughs but i could be wrong. @StarsMmd thanks again for making this rom hack its my favorite pokemon game to replay of all time.

I just started the game in my wii with Nintendont and I'm curious if there is a way to reduce certain EV from a pokemon. I know that you can get berries from Berry Master from Agate Village, but they are random.

• 2 months later...

Hello! New to the patching scene, just trying to figure things out, I ran the patch through NUPS, finally got it working, but isnt the title sceen suppose to change? wondering if i did this right or not. I still start the game off normally and with an Eevvee, which ive seen other start with shiny Beldum? Please help if you can.

2 hours ago, Dark_Phantom79 said:

Hello! New to the patching scene, just trying to figure things out, I ran the patch through NUPS, finally got it working, but isnt the title sceen suppose to change? wondering if i did this right or not. I still start the game off normally and with an Eevvee, which ive seen other start with shiny Beldum? Please help if you can.

On 6/2/2016 at 6:30 PM, StarsMmd said:

How to patch:

Hide contents

The UPS program Tsukuyomi is unable to patch the ISO. Use NUPS if on windows. Use Multipatch on Mac.

Apply the patch file to a clean Pokemon XD: Gale of darkness ISO using any UPS patcher. This patch was made for the NTSC (US) version so it will not work on other versions. The iso is quite large so it may take a few minutes.

Always patch onto a clean ISO, even if you are applying an update.

The file size for the ISO should be 1.46 GB (1.35 GiB). If it's an nkit (1.1. GB) ISO then you'll need to convert to a regular ISO using this tool. If the file size is below 1GB it's probably in a .zip, .7z, .rar or other archive and needs to be unzipped.  

It also needs to be a Redump verified .ISO file. In other words, it needs to have a CRC-32 of c0f69d18, an md5 of 3bc1671806cf763a8712a5d398f62ad3, and a SHA-1 of c1b5218f832403d15aa500ac4d6aacc8865c792d. If one of those does not match, you'll need a different ISO. Sharing ISOs is against the rules here, so you're on your own there.

• 4 weeks later...