StarsMmd

xd Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

I just want to bring up that when you fight Chobin before the Robo-Groudon fight, his Magneton knows Flash Cannon while, according to the docs anyway, Magneton is not capable of learning Flash Cannon at all. This upsets me as I am currently using Magneton and want to have Flash Cannon on it.

My shadow list is broken. It shows Pokemon that aren't in the documentation given like the Vulpix, Golbat and Magmar shown and also it shows I've caught Pokemon I don't have like the Celebi was actually a Steelix. I did start the save in the 0.97 version and it wasn't until I got to the boss in Phenic that I realised there was an update being 1.2.1-3 so that might be why it's broken. As for the all the Torchic's, I have no idea what the reason for that is. My guess is because of the increased amount of shadow Pokemon available.

broken shadow list.png

8 hours ago, Wernty said:

My shadow list is broken. It shows Pokemon that aren't in the documentation given like the Vulpix, Golbat and Magmar shown and also it shows I've caught Pokemon I don't have like the Celebi was actually a Steelix. I did start the save in the 0.97 version and it wasn't until I got to the boss in Phenic that I realised there was an update being 1.2.1-3 so that might be why it's broken. As for the all the Torchic's, I have no idea what the reason for that is. My guess is because of the increased amount of shadow Pokemon available.

Releases are not backwards compatible unless otherwise stated (even then only with one or two directly before)

I havent played this rom hack in like 8 months and i decided to pick it up again recently and I LOVE the recent quality of life changes and bug fixes. Makes the game feel much smoother and more fun to play. The recent playthrough reminded me at just how well made this game was made. Now im curious and what changes you plan to make next. Whatever changes you make Stars im sure its gonna be amazing.

Hey i have a question for you @StarsMmd or anyone who can answer. I know that if i save after a pokespot alert pops up it doesnt  change the pokemon that will appear but it will change the level and the nature. So can i shiny hunt by resetting like i can for nature or is it locked like the actual pokemon that appears??

Update: Well i did some research and in the base game apparently after the pokespot alert goes off the shiny value of the pokemon is locked so im guessing thats what happens in XG as well. I just wasted hours trying to soft reset for a shiny jumpluff lmaoo

Edited by Jayrod