Jump to content
StarsMmd

xd Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So when you get all 121 shadow pokemon, does Mirror B's final fight with ho-oh trigger right away? I've had all of them for about an hour now & the radar hasn't gone off. i triple-checked my monitor; ho-oh is the only thing i'm missing.

also... where in the world is rayquaza, i've found every other static encounter but i just... can't seem to find that one

found it, still need help with ho-oh though.

Edited by nilihsm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe I read somewhere that someone else is now continuing to work on Pokemon XG, but I felt like I should still mention a bug I found. Now I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mention of this bug before, but I'm not going to read through 53 pages of comments just to find it. In any case, trading with Duking does not seem to work. Admittedly, it's a slight pain in the neck, especially since Duking's Pokemon have changed- both the Pokemon he wants and the Pokemon he gives you, apparently.

I'd really like a Croconaw, and I found a Dratini worth trading, so I'd like to know if this trading issue has been dealt with either by the original maker of the game or if the new person in charge has been making progress with this bug. Thanks in advance for your time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nilihsm said:

So when you get all 121 shadow pokemon, does Mirror B's final fight with ho-oh trigger right away? I've had all of them for about an hour now & the radar hasn't gone off. i triple-checked my monitor; ho-oh is the only thing i'm missing.

also... where in the world is rayquaza, i've found every other static encounter but i just... can't seem to find that one

found it, still need help with ho-oh though.

The Miror Radar for the final battle only triggers once you visit Gateon Port after catching all the Shadow Pokemon. It's like that in vanilla XD as well and I don't think the game really hints at it. It's pretty dumb. Hope that helps 🙂

17 minutes ago, Rowigrath said:

I believe I read somewhere that someone else is now continuing to work on Pokemon XG, but I felt like I should still mention a bug I found. Now I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mention of this bug before, but I'm not going to read through 53 pages of comments just to find it. In any case, trading with Duking does not seem to work. Admittedly, it's a slight pain in the neck, especially since Duking's Pokemon have changed- both the Pokemon he wants and the Pokemon he gives you, apparently.

I'd really like a Croconaw, and I found a Dratini worth trading, so I'd like to know if this trading issue has been dealt with either by the original maker of the game or if the new person in charge has been making progress with this bug. Thanks in advance for your time!

It's still just me working on it. As far as your question goes, I haven't seen any issues with the trades at all. What exactly happens when you try to trade? Does he talk to you at all? Do you get to pick the pokemon to trade from your party?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, StarsMmd said:

It's still just me working on it. As far as your question goes, I haven't seen any issues with the trades at all. What exactly happens when you try to trade? Does he talk to you at all? Do you get to pick the pokemon to trade from your party?

I do make the trade, but after the message from Duking to take care of his Croconaw, the game freezes. Duking, the player character, and the old woman do not make any motions at all, and the music goes on for a second or two before looping back. That was for the Dratini trade for the Croconaw, and the same happened with the Chansey trade for the Quilava. I haven't found an Aerodactyl yet, so I can't test that trade for the Bayleaf, but that's what happened for me with the trades I attempted.

The trade of the purified Togepi for the Bonsly worked fine, however. My version of the game is 1.0.7-2, which might not be the most recent update, however. I probably should have double checked if there was a new update first. Whoops!

 

Edit: I updated to the latest patch, and it works just fine. Sorry about the false alarm! I'll be sure to keep better tabs on future updates from now on!

Edited by Rowigrath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Help! I keep getting this error whenever I start up the patched game on Dolphin. I am not well versed in the technical side of Dolphin, so I honestly have no idea what this even means. If I click "Yes", the window goes away briefly before immediately popping back up again. If I click either "Ignore For This Session" or "No", then Dolphin just straight up crashes! I have tested both an Unpatched and the Patched version of the game, so I know it has nothing to do with the patch. If anyone who is well versed in Dolphin knows how to fix it, please let me know, because I really want to play this hack!

 

Edit: Nevermind! I actually managed to fix it myself! It would seem I got the Error because I wasn't using the Recommended Settings! My bad~!

Dolphin 7_22_2019 4_46_31 PM.png

Edited by Superblox
Problem Solved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would like to report two bugs. Firstly my night slash on Pinsir was super effective on Chobin's Metang in the 2nd fight but dark should be neutral on a steel psychic type. Secondly, the first time an opponent used shadow sky in my runthrough it only struck one of my pokemon out but both weren't shadows. After that the move has worked fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 1:25 AM, Rowigrath said:

I do make the trade, but after the message from Duking to take care of his Croconaw, the game freezes. Duking, the player character, and the old woman do not make any motions at all, and the music goes on for a second or two before looping back. That was for the Dratini trade for the Croconaw, and the same happened with the Chansey trade for the Quilava. I haven't found an Aerodactyl yet, so I can't test that trade for the Bayleaf, but that's what happened for me with the trades I attempted.

The trade of the purified Togepi for the Bonsly worked fine, however. My version of the game is 1.0.7-2, which might not be the most recent update, however. I probably should have double checked if there was a new update first. Whoops!

 

Edit: I updated to the latest patch, and it works just fine. Sorry about the false alarm! I'll be sure to keep better tabs on future updates from now on!

I was just about to say. Yep, that bug was in one of the older versions. Updating that far will likely cause a few inconsistencies though. Normally recommend using a new save file with an update but shouldn't be anything game breaking :-).

19 hours ago, Superblox said:

Help! I keep getting this error whenever I start up the patched game on Dolphin. I am not well versed in the technical side of Dolphin, so I honestly have no idea what this even means. If I click "Yes", the window goes away briefly before immediately popping back up again. If I click either "Ignore For This Session" or "No", then Dolphin just straight up crashes! I have tested both an Unpatched and the Patched version of the game, so I know it has nothing to do with the patch. If anyone who is well versed in Dolphin knows how to fix it, please let me know, because I really want to play this hack!

 

Edit: Nevermind! I actually managed to fix it myself! It would seem I got the Error because I wasn't using the Recommended Settings! My bad~!

Dolphin 7_22_2019 4_46_31 PM.png

Glad you also figured out your problem XD. I think that issue is solved by turning off the panic handlers option.

3 hours ago, DeFaz said:

Would like to report two bugs. Firstly my night slash on Pinsir was super effective on Chobin's Metang in the 2nd fight but dark should be neutral on a steel psychic type. Secondly, the first time an opponent used shadow sky in my runthrough it only struck one of my pokemon out but both weren't shadows. After that the move has worked fine.

Dark (and ghost) are no longer resisted by steel types as of gen 6 so dark is now super effective on Metang.

Also, shadow sky doesn't affect pokemon holding the "aura filter" item, nor does it affect any pokemon if any of the active pokemon have cloud nine as their ability. Could it have been one of these scenarios?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey, I'm doing the Battle Bingo cards and this happened when I cleared the Immunity Card. There doesn't seem to be anything new in my inventory, so what on earth?

Edit: Happened again for the Bug Card. Not gonna do the expert cards yet in case they do the same thing.

uhh.png

Edited by KitsuneoftheMist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StarsMmd said:

I was just about to say. Yep, that bug was in one of the older versions. Updating that far will likely cause a few inconsistencies though. Normally recommend using a new save file with an update but shouldn't be anything game breaking :-).

Glad you also figured out your problem XD. I think that issue is solved by turning off the panic handlers option.

Dark (and ghost) are no longer resisted by steel types as of gen 6 so dark is now super effective on Metang.

Also, shadow sky doesn't affect pokemon holding the "aura filter" item, nor does it affect any pokemon if any of the active pokemon have cloud nine as their ability. Could it have been one of these scenarios?

Ah thanks I didn't know that! Tbh your rom hack has taught me more about Gen 6 onwards than any of the actual games lmao. And yes my grovyle at the time had an aura filter equipped makes sense. Thanks for all your hard work on this game I'm really enjoying it so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One quick thing also. When I have the rom open for awhile (few hours) it tends to crash in the same way someone above had mentioned (freeze frame and music looping). It seems like it's just a hardware issue because once it crashes once it crashes much quicker after I try to reload the rom. After letting my PC sit for a bit it can go for a few hours again. Currently I have the recommended low-end settings on but couldn't figure out where to get to this setting (Pokémon GX (XD) Properties -> GameConfig -> Tick Synchronize GPU Thread). 

I unticked dual-core to see if that could change anything but haven't opened the rom yet to see if this has changed anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KitsuneoftheMist said:

Hey, I'm doing the Battle Bingo cards and this happened when I cleared the Immunity Card. There doesn't seem to be anything new in my inventory, so what on earth?

Edit: Happened again for the Bug Card. Not gonna do the expert cards yet in case they do the same thing.

uhh.png

Which version is this on? If it's 1.2.0 or above then I'll need to go fix that.

1 hour ago, xrevox94 said:

Hey was wondering if someone could tell me where i could get...

If you want us to keep enjoying this lovely forum, please don't ask for such 🙂

1 hour ago, DeFaz said:

This one worked...

Similarly, if you want us to keep enjoying this lovely forum, please don't post such 🙂

1 hour ago, DeFaz said:

Ah thanks I didn't know that! Tbh your rom hack has taught me more about Gen 6 onwards than any of the actual games lmao. And yes my grovyle at the time had an aura filter equipped makes sense. Thanks for all your hard work on this game I'm really enjoying it so far!

Great, glad it's figured out now. Hope you enjoy the rest!

54 minutes ago, DeFaz said:

One quick thing also. When I have the rom open for awhile (few hours) it tends to crash in the same way someone above had mentioned (freeze frame and music looping). It seems like it's just a hardware issue because once it crashes once it crashes much quicker after I try to reload the rom. After letting my PC sit for a bit it can go for a few hours again. Currently I have the recommended low-end settings on but couldn't figure out where to get to this setting (Pokémon GX (XD) Properties -> GameConfig -> Tick Synchronize GPU Thread). 

I unticked dual-core to see if that could change anything but haven't opened the rom yet to see if this has changed anything.

Hmm yeah if it's consistently freezing at a particular part it's probably XG but if it's random freezes from time to time it's likely Dolphin. If you're using an older version of Dolphin you can try Dolphin 5.0 as I've found it's a lot more stable than the previous ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StarsMmd said:

Which version is this on? If it's 1.2.0 or above then I'll need to go fix that.

It is, the ups file says v1.2.1-2 whatever that means XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also having the same problem as posted above by DeFaz. I've been experiencing random crashes through the entire game so far where the screen will freeze-frame and the music will loop.  I have not noticed a common trigger as it happens out of and in battle, but it happens frequently enough that it is halting my progress. I am currently at Phenac Town where you have to fight Cipher Grunt Barney and then Cipher Admin Snattle one after the other, and the game is freezing in either fight, and sometimes in between (as i have tried to get past this many times). 

I have all of the recommended settings on, and i am playing on the most recent update of Dolphin (5.0 - 10617)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue, but when trying to use the XD tool to randomize, it works for the Pokemon Species when checked by itself, but if I try to select anything else or a combination, it just spins forever and never completes. I've been using my girlfriend's 2015 Macbook Air with OS Mojave to do this since I don't have one myself so I'm not sure what the problem is. Can anyone offer a suggestion why this could be happening? I'm really wanting to try this with Pokemon Species, Abilities, Moves, TM Moves, and Remove Trade Evolutions randomized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

StarsMmd, thank you so much for this awesome Hack. It's really fun to play with advanced stuff from later Gens :)

Sure there are some minor things that don't work as intended (i guess), but overall its even more enjoyable than the original work for me.

For that it's the highest praise you could get i hope xD.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 1:12 AM, Lucien413 said:

I'm also having the same problem as posted above by DeFaz. I've been experiencing random crashes through the entire game so far where the screen will freeze-frame and the music will loop.  I have not noticed a common trigger as it happens out of and in battle, but it happens frequently enough that it is halting my progress. I am currently at Phenac Town where you have to fight Cipher Grunt Barney and then Cipher Admin Snattle one after the other, and the game is freezing in either fight, and sometimes in between (as i have tried to get past this many times). 

I have all of the recommended settings on, and i am playing on the most recent update of Dolphin (5.0 - 10617)

For me unchecking dual-core but not changing synchronized gpu thread and keeping the rest of Low-End Computer Settings worked. Give that a shot if you haven't already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeFaz said:

For me unchecking dual-core but not changing synchronized gpu thread and keeping the rest of Low-End Computer Settings worked. Give that a shot if you haven't already.

That worked for me! Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 10:07 PM, KitsuneoftheMist said:

It is, the ups file says v1.2.1-2 whatever that means XD

1.2.1-3 is the latest version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Heya, about to try this romhack, it looks pretty exciting and I'm amazed you managed to do all this.

 

If I could ask, though: I think I saw something about plans to have Mewtwo as an encounter like the other Legends in a later version. Is that still a potential plan or a 'probably not'?

 

Also, looking through the documentation, are some/most of the shadows shiny locked in the newest version or what's that for?

 

EDIT: And now that I've played up through the Cipher Lab I can give my thoughts on stuff so far

Spoiler

 

- I like the hexagon bro names as they were but I get why you changed them. Most of the story NPCs keeping their original names makes it feel good and I'm not attached enough to the random NPCs to care as much about their changes.

- Sing and Heal Bell are both Fairy? It's a little weird to me but I can see it and doesn't affect much.

- Lovrina's speech changes are awesome, they're so on the mark.

- I actually had more trouble with Naps than her but I was nervous and prepped for the fight a bit before. I think it was Shadow Scream with having a bunch of special attackers

- I love the small additions, like the NPC in the Agate Village who bought Kaminko's sandals and Lola obsessing over Eagun, I can really tell you love XD

-The new Shadow Moves are pretty cool! Shadow Vine, Shadow Tease, and Shadow Scream come to mind. (Plus Colosseum-style Shadow Rush is cool)

-I kinda like the damaging animation from Sandstorm and Shadow Sky but get why you changed it. Having something like that appear for 'had energy drained' still feels weird, though

-There's some glitch on Dolphin where the snag ball goes away from the Pokemon on Dolphin, but it's fine on Nintendont. Dunno if it's like that in the base game on Dolphin too, though.

 

 

Edited by CorvusAtrox
Adding in commentary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you change the starting Zigzagoon into Galarian Zigzagoon when more info on stats and moveset is available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Some of the new attacks you added in the game, like Flame Charge are treated like Fairy Moves when you look at the weakness table.

Ponyta can still learn Bounce.

Edited by Blob55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there, really enjoying the hack so far. I wanted to ask: where exactly is Light Screen located? I already got Reflect from battling a sailor in Gateon Port but I can't seem to find its special counterpart.  

I defeated Miror B. for the first time if that info helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lemony Nelson said:

Hey there, really enjoying the hack so far. I wanted to ask: where exactly is Light Screen located? I already got Reflect from battling a sailor in Gateon Port but I can't seem to find its special counterpart.  

I defeated Miror B. for the first time if that info helps. 

Also in Gateon Port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two more questions, if you don't mind.

1. Do you know where the Light Clay is located? 

2. Is it possible for Magneton to learn Flash Cannon? Chobin's Magneton knows Flash Cannon but the move is not listed in the game documentation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone help me with the location of TM 21 (Zen Headbutt)?

The Doku File said it is located in Kaminko's House.

I searched it now for 4-5 times and couldn't find it. 

Is this like a Item that appears after u defeat the final boss or something?

Progression wise I'm currently in gateon, ready to take the boat to citadark isle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...