Jump to content
StarsMmd

xd Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'd like to report a bug (apologies if it's already been stated), and I couldn't seem to find anything about it. I'm playing through the game randomized (done using the XD tool), and the game freezes when I run into an enemy pokemon that has the ability Trickster. One of my starters has this ability and it doesn't cause any issues when I send it out, so I'm not exactly sure what's happening. I am playing using Nintendon't with my wii u, if that makes a difference. I will most likely go into the iso with the XD tool and change the pokemon that have the trickster ability to have something else. 

Thanks for all the work keeping this hack up to date! Other than this bug I'm loving the game. :)

 

EDIT: I went ahead and removed the trickster ability from all pokemon. This didn't seem to be the issue as whenever I fought the same trainer that it would freeze on before, it froze yet again. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it seems unrelated to the trickster ability. 

Edited by Gathnix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this has been asked and solved in the comments before, but there are just so many pages and drop-downs in comments that I would be searching forever. Have Battle Cds been reintroduced in version 1.20? I have a ton of them but the woman in the Battle Cd Corner in Realgam doesn't seem to acknowledge that, only asked if she can help me with anything before the text box closes. I just beat Gonzap, if it's a matter of being far enough in the game. If it's for a future update just let me know.

Also, there's a bug I wanted to mention. I noticed when my Pinsir (which isn't the bug I want to mention) uses Circle Throw that if it causes an opponent to faint it doesn't reward Exp. This one I can recreate as many times as needed, so if video would help out just let me know and I can get a clip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, I want to say, I've been enjoying playing this a lot. But not sure if this has been asked before. In the FAQ it says in the future it might be possible to insert Gen4 Pokemon. I'm not sure it that would be possible, but once model importing becomes a thing, any plans to use Gen6 and up models considering how bad some of the Gen1-2 models look in this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can someone tell me which version is the latest? I'm sorry if it's a stupid question, but I've found download links for 1.2.1 and it's from 2016, but ALSO for 1.1.5 and it says it's from 2018! So I'm confused, but I'm assuming 1.2.1 it's the latest.

 

EDIT: ALSO, do we know which PKMN are obtainable and which are not?

Edited by nines
I don't want to double post, and I'd like to add one more question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks PinkOnion for the help. I only have a couple more questions. I have Butterfree listed on the shadow pokemon list (downloaded from output list) and I've already beaten the game and can't find it. Is it one of the 15 post game pokemon? I've already checked every trainer. Also is Ho-oh received at Mt. Battle like in Pokemon Colosseum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 5:28 PM, CallMeHutch said:

I have Butterfree listed on the shadow pokemon list (downloaded from output list) and I've already beaten the game and can't find it. Is it one of the 15 post game pokemon?

Yes, it is.

On 4/12/2019 at 5:28 PM, CallMeHutch said:

Also is Ho-oh received at Mt. Battle like in Pokemon Colosseum?

No. 

Spoiler

He is a Shadow Pokemon, and is in the last Miror B. battle after acquiring all other Shadow Pokemon. In other words, Ho-Oh replaces Dragonite in the original game. Note: He is EXTREMELY hard to purify.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious to ask, how did you get Deoxys-Defense in the game? I didn't even know the models for the alternate Deoxys forms even existed until Battle Revolution!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2018 at 9:29 PM, StarsMmd said:

Honestly the only reason was that deoxys attack looks the coolest imo. You made me think about it though and I ended up changing it to defense for future updates. Later down the line I'll try and add in all the formes as separate pokemon.

 

On 6/1/2018 at 2:01 PM, StarsMmd said:

Adding the rest of the deoxys forms has been on my list for a while actually. It's just low priority right now. I would like to wire it up so that the deoxys form is automatically determined by it's nature. e.g. plus atk or sp.atk natures give attack form while neutral natures give normal form.

It's definitely possible, but it's a lot more work than it's worth.

FYI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does sleep powder have 5 PP, as in the same as spore a move that has 25 accuracy over it?

Why does tailwind only last 2 turns instead of 4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 2:45 PM, Emalisha said:

 

FYI

Alright, thank you! It just intrigued me because I thought it simply never existed in XD.
Then again, StarsMMD can do almost anything with XD and I'm excited for more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know where to pick up/buy extra evolution stones? Someone in this thread said they were sold in the Pyrite Town shop but the vendor there doesn't sell them. Do I need to be past a certain point in the game? I'd like to evolve my Pikachu!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there!

First off, this is a wonderful hack and I've been having a blast with it! It's been years since I last played XD, and when I found out that this hack existed I decided that I wanted to try it.

However, I seem to have run into an issue and I'm not sure where else to ask; been researching for a few days now with no luck. I'm playing on Dolphin 5.0 and used an action replay code I found online for XD to snag any Pokemon I want, even non-shadows. The reason? I want every Politoed I come across, just for fun. I made it partway through the Cipher Key Lair before I started using it, and now trainers have no normal Pokemon (shadow monsters will still show up, as will wild encounters). This results in most battles starting with "[Trainer Name] sent out !" and nothing being sent out. Doing anything will result in me winning the battle and winning $0 for my efforts. I have tried disabling the code and restarting, but nothing changes. 

Do you know of a fix for this? I'm fully prepared to start over if need be, as I've been having a blast, but it would be a shame to lose my progress up to this point. I just want to fill my boxes with an army of beautiful frog children. 😭

Thanks for reading, and well done with the hack!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Really curious Question about the first two Pokemon you get alongside Eevee; Zigzagoon, and Taillow, who replaced Beldum and Ralts I believe.

I don't understand why replace them, seeing as having 3 Normal types to start the game is kinda a bland option, and leads a Player away from picking Umbreon as a Choice if they wanna use Linoone.

Then again, I also do understand having 2 Psychic types to start with also leads the Player to not pick Espeon, so a Swap was somewhat neccesary, just...I do wonder why two normal types?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2018 at 6:21 PM, StarsMmd said:

I replaced the beldum with zigzagoon in a recent update. It's a better utility mon in the early game and from watching a lot of playthroughs of XG I felt beldum ended up being dead weight, especially with how slow the start of XD's story is. It was either boxed immediately or became an extra pokemon to balance exp around really early on. I added metang at the pokespots so it's still obtainable pretty early on.

FYI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When im playing this game as soon as i start up the game and get to the metagross and gardevoir battle or any battle in general my emulator just crashes and i have the most up to date version of the emulator and reccommended setting any ideas or help i can get with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thank you for your hard work!

Edited by W898
Solved Issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks amazing! Is there any way to play this on a homebrewed Wii?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Game crashes as soon as a move is selected in the Metagross v. Gardevoir fight at the very start of the game. I have tried using BOTH versions in the OP but they both have this issue. I have tried using multiple patching programs (including NUPS) with two clean ISOs and I can say with certainty it's not the patching process.

Im on the lastest official version the Android version, and my device is capable of running original XD at full, consistent speeds.

Any suggestions? Or anyone have any links to previous versions? 

UPDATE: I have tried just about everything I can think of. I tried an unofficial Android fork of dolphin, didn't work. I dug back through the thread and found "solutions" to this bug and tried it on both the official version and the fork, didn't work. I tried this with both versions of XG in the op, and it's clear that these versions are just broken since the issue is persisting for other people as well, on what I assume is the PC version of dolphin and even on nintendont @StarsMmd

Edited by vhsknife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! I moved home and started a new job a couple of months ago so I've been mad busy! I've settled in now so will hopefully be more present. Thanks to @Emalisha @PinkOnion and everyone else that has helped answer questions and such while I've been preoccupied.

On 3/13/2019 at 7:41 AM, Marrionetta said:

Is there a reason as to why the game doesn't use caps for menus or nouns anymore? It's figuratively burning my eyes and turning me off from the patch on it's own which is a shame cause I was really looking forward to a Gen7 Colo/XD game... (Idk why but i really don't like the fact that everything is lower case but other then that I'm really excited so see Gen7 changes~ So thank you for all that...but I would honestly pay to get the caps back @-@)

(On an unrelated note...I kinda wished they'd just use all of Coloseeum's battle music...it was much better imo...)

The games stopped capitalising everything at some point and personally I think it's a lot better without it. Unfortunately there's no easy way to swap between the two.

On 3/16/2019 at 3:03 PM, DracBat said:

Hey, when i finished the immunity Bingo Card i got a item which was called "???" but i don't know where i can find it or what it is

That's probably a mistake in my script. I'll look into it.

On 3/17/2019 at 1:09 PM, Lennox31 said:

Why can't i choose my lead pokemon in the orre colloseum? Seems kinda weird tbh

Unfortunately it's a limitation in how much I was able to do with the assembly code. I am planning to enable access to the PC between orre colosseum rounds. It's just a little trickier than the regular colosseums because you have to check that the player didn't swap in an ineligible team, for example by adding a shadow Pokemon to their team.

On 3/19/2019 at 9:12 PM, Michael Morningstar said:

I can't wait for the day for you to introduce Gen IV pokemon on XG. The reaction to seeing Electivire or Gallade fighting against Cipher Adams will make people go crazy. ;)

Me too! It's been my dream since before I even started. There's new stuff being figured out about the game everyday and I'm getting help from more and more people as time goes on so it only a matter of time!

There is someone out there working on it on and off but he's very busy. I don't want to name drop otherwise people would spam him every day asking about it 😅

On 3/23/2019 at 4:04 AM, Starstuff said:

I have a LOT of questions:
-Is The Under accessible? if not, could it be implemented? Will you do it?
-Can you rebattle Miror B anytime you want?
-Will you add gen IV-VII pokemons?
-Its possible to add them or you need to redo the 3d models?

-There are wild random encounters? if not, could they be implemented? Will you do it?
-Its possible to add some character customization like Battle revolution?
-Its possible to add the Battle revolution stadiums maps to the multiplayer mode? Will you do it?

Thanks for your time😄

The under is not currently accessible but it is something I'm working on. Based on some tests I ran, it looks like it will be possible to copy the maps over from colosseum. It was really tricky but I managed to get pyrite cave working in a test version. It will still take time to actually add content to those areas though such as writing scripts for story events and trainer battles and the likes.

Miror B. mostly functions the same as in regular XD but he does also appear in one of the rounds in orre colosseum so technically, yes you can!

Adding new Pokemon is currently beyond my capabilities but the second it becomes feasible I'll be on it. 

There are no random encounters the way they are in the handheld games. I think it would be fairly easy to do something similar to let's go pikachu & eve with random encounters but I can't think of a good place to add them into the game. The maps aren't designed for wild Pokemon. It would probably only work in Pyrite cave.

Character customisation isn't feasible atm unfortunately.

In theory it would be possible to convert the PBR map data format into the XD map data format but no research is being done into that at the moment.

p.s. I like the username ;) 

On 4/2/2019 at 5:47 PM, KFCutman said:

curious to ask, why did beldum got changed to a zigzagoon? the only response i saw was about beldum largely being deadweight, but from earlier versions I played beldum was easily the mvp and zigzagoon seems more like a deadweight utility I benched almost immediately after i got it

It's a deadweight in the sense that you don't need that many Pokemon at the beginning of the game. It also decreases the incentive to try out the many other Pokemon later on. Zigzagoon on the other hand, is mildly useful at the start but you won't even hesitate to get rid of it as soon as something else comes along. 

Essentially I found that a lot of people would use Beldum in their first play through but then felt conflicted about dumping it in future play throughs so they could try out new things.

On 4/8/2019 at 9:01 PM, KingLycanroc said:

Hi. Loving the look of this hack so far.

Does anyone a PNG of the Pokemon XG logo(for using on thumbnails/layouts etc.)?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I'm late but if you still need this then let me know!

On 4/9/2019 at 6:56 PM, Gathnix said:

I'd like to report a bug (apologies if it's already been stated), and I couldn't seem to find anything about it. I'm playing through the game randomized (done using the XD tool), and the game freezes when I run into an enemy pokemon that has the ability Trickster. One of my starters has this ability and it doesn't cause any issues when I send it out, so I'm not exactly sure what's happening. I am playing using Nintendon't with my wii u, if that makes a difference. I will most likely go into the iso with the XD tool and change the pokemon that have the trickster ability to have something else. 

Thanks for all the work keeping this hack up to date! Other than this bug I'm loving the game. :)

 

EDIT: I went ahead and removed the trickster ability from all pokemon. This didn't seem to be the issue as whenever I fought the same trainer that it would freeze on before, it froze yet again. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it seems unrelated to the trickster ability. 

I can try and look into this. Could you DM me a video of the issue?

On 4/9/2019 at 11:02 PM, PeteyGeebs said:

I'm not sure if this has been asked and solved in the comments before, but there are just so many pages and drop-downs in comments that I would be searching forever. Have Battle Cds been reintroduced in version 1.20? I have a ton of them but the woman in the Battle Cd Corner in Realgam doesn't seem to acknowledge that, only asked if she can help me with anything before the text box closes. I just beat Gonzap, if it's a matter of being far enough in the game. If it's for a future update just let me know.

Also, there's a bug I wanted to mention. I noticed when my Pinsir (which isn't the bug I want to mention) uses Circle Throw that if it causes an opponent to faint it doesn't reward Exp. This one I can recreate as many times as needed, so if video would help out just let me know and I can get a clip.

Still no battle CDs for now. I keep planning to but it's actually a lot more work than you'd think. Really makes me appreciate the original developers. It's tricky coming up with interesting strategies that also aren't immediately obvious so the player has to think about them a little. 

That being said, if anybody has any ideas then I'm happy to take some suggestions.

I'll see what I can do about the circle throw bug. Thanks for reporting.

On 4/10/2019 at 8:51 PM, Reachie said:

First, I want to say, I've been enjoying playing this a lot. But not sure if this has been asked before. In the FAQ it says in the future it might be possible to insert Gen4 Pokemon. I'm not sure it that would be possible, but once model importing becomes a thing, any plans to use Gen6 and up models considering how bad some of the Gen1-2 models look in this game. 

I actually do have a list of all the hideous models from gen 1/2 that I want to replace if possible. It's one thing that keeps the game feeling a little dated even with all the updates I've made.

On 4/12/2019 at 12:52 AM, nines said:

Can someone tell me which version is the latest? I'm sorry if it's a stupid question, but I've found download links for 1.2.1 and it's from 2016, but ALSO for 1.1.5 and it says it's from 2018! So I'm confused, but I'm assuming 1.2.1 it's the latest.

 

EDIT: ALSO, do we know which PKMN are obtainable and which are not?

The download for the patch should contain the documentation which contains a text file with all the obtainable Pokemon and their rough location.

Don't worry, the highest patch version number is the latest. The latest versions are always linked in the original post of this thread. 

On 4/18/2019 at 10:07 PM, Matiri said:

Why does sleep powder have 5 PP, as in the same as spore a move that has 25 accuracy over it?

Why does tailwind only last 2 turns instead of 4?

Blame @PinkOnion for that. He had this one run where he used prankster jumpluff with sleep powder and it was ridiculously OP. I knew it was kinda busted but I didn't think anybody would notice 😅. Ended up having to nerf jumpluff a bit. 

I think tailwind last the correct number of turns. If you have footage of it lasting 2 turns then please DM me. Thank you!

On 4/15/2019 at 1:39 PM, KFCutman said:

Curious to ask, how did you get Deoxys-Defense in the game? I didn't even know the models for the alternate Deoxys forms even existed until Battle Revolution!

All of deoxys' forms have data in XD because in gen 3 the form was dependent on the game you were playing, e.g. defense in leaf green and attack in fire red. Since you could do link battles with all the gen 3 games through XD it had all the forms. However, it always defaults to normal form in story mode.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:34 AM, Lunii said:

Anyone know where to pick up/buy extra evolution stones? Someone in this thread said they were sold in the Pyrite Town shop but the vendor there doesn't sell them. Do I need to be past a certain point in the game? I'd like to evolve my Pikachu!

Sorry for the late reply. They were moved to being obtainable from the mt battle coupon shop.

On 5/8/2019 at 7:36 AM, NoahLayta495 said:

I have a Really curious Question about the first two Pokemon you get alongside Eevee; Zigzagoon, and Taillow, who replaced Beldum and Ralts I believe.

I don't understand why replace them, seeing as having 3 Normal types to start the game is kinda a bland option, and leads a Player away from picking Umbreon as a Choice if they wanna use Linoone.

Then again, I also do understand having 2 Psychic types to start with also leads the Player to not pick Espeon, so a Swap was somewhat neccesary, just...I do wonder why two normal types?

They are all intended to scrapped pretty early on. There are so many great options in the game that I didn't want the player to commit to their team fully too early on.

On 5/16/2019 at 9:23 PM, Horatio Flame said:

What's the cheat for rare candies or any cheat

Should be the same ones as regular XD that you can find online. Just beware that some of them may cause weird things to happen in XG since I've moved a lot of the code around.

On 5/16/2019 at 11:06 PM, W898 said:

Thank you for your hard work!

appreciate it!

On 5/22/2019 at 5:59 AM, Samury said:

Looks amazing! Is there any way to play this on a homebrewed Wii?

Yes. It should run perfectly on nintendon't or any other gamecube emulator for the wii.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:44 AM, treoman said:

When im playing this game as soon as i start up the game and get to the metagross and gardevoir battle or any battle in general my emulator just crashes and i have the most up to date version of the emulator and reccommended setting any ideas or help i can get with this?

On 5/29/2019 at 8:44 AM, vhsknife said:

Game crashes as soon as a move is selected in the Metagross v. Gardevoir fight at the very start of the game. I have tried using BOTH versions in the OP but they both have this issue. I have tried using multiple patching programs (including NUPS) with two clean ISOs and I can say with certainty it's not the patching process.

and even on nintendont @StarsMmd

I think disabling panic handlers in the settings may resolve the issue. 

Also apart from one of the recent versions which you may have downloaded before it was fixed, it should work perfectly on nintendon't

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

So first, I want to say I enjoy this hack a lot, and I'll be really happy whenever Gen IV+ Pokemon will be in the game. Thank you for your hard work ^^

Now, onto the problem: I just really can't find Raikou. 

I've caught the two other legendary dogs and even Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. But Raikou, I just can't find him. From what I have seen in a playthrough, he is apparently in the Cipher Key Lair but I can't find him. If anyone can help, it'd be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tested panic handlers on every version I tested and it had no effect at all. I played the first release of this mod a year and a half ago and it was incredible work, so I'm really hoping I can get an updated version to work, even if it's an older one @StarsMmd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I got a pokespot notification and went to the cave pokespot where I encountered a Porygon2! I sent out my Grovyle, and as soon as the Go! Grovyle! message, the game froze, and just keeps looping the pokespot battle music in a stilted way. No idea what could have caused it. I'm running XG off of a usb on my wii through nintendon't. 

*Edit, encountered another glitch on mount battle with Grovyle. Used solar beam and Grovyle wouldn't stop charging the beam. It charged for 4 rounds before getting knocked out by the opponent's magneton.

Also, I'm a pretty casual pokemon player and this mod is damn hard. Seems like every battle I have my pokemon get one shot or a decent chunk of my party faint. I have a varied team, too. Currently using Larvitar, Gorovyle, Combusken, Swampert, Bagon, and Jolteon, all at levels comparable or better than the opponent's levels. It's annoying to have to run back to a healing machine after every battle, or have my party totally wiped if I get unlucky. I don't really want to grind, especially considering doing so would be at Mt. battle which is now a gym trainer challenge series, but, I'd like to not have to heal my entire team after every battle. Any advice on team composition to have a better time with the enemy, or should I just grind a little and come back? I understand veterans of this game and the series probably want a little challenge, but I just kind of wanted to see what was added and relive playing X D after so long. 

Edited by DivineFlame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, I KO'd Magmar back in Phenac City and now it seems Mirror B is just refusing to reappear. He's showed back up with every Shadow Pokemon I've KO'd except for Magmar and Magmar is the last Shadow Pokemon I'm missing before Mirror B shows up at Gateon Port with the final Shadow Pokemon. Am I just severely unlucky or did something go wrong? In the Shadow Monitor it just says "Spotted: Phenac City, Snag failed"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...