StarsMmd

xd Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

Posted (edited)

I'd like to report a bug (apologies if it's already been stated), and I couldn't seem to find anything about it. I'm playing through the game randomized (done using the XD tool), and the game freezes when I run into an enemy pokemon that has the ability Trickster. One of my starters has this ability and it doesn't cause any issues when I send it out, so I'm not exactly sure what's happening. I am playing using Nintendon't with my wii u, if that makes a difference. I will most likely go into the iso with the XD tool and change the pokemon that have the trickster ability to have something else. 

Thanks for all the work keeping this hack up to date! Other than this bug I'm loving the game. :)

EDIT: I went ahead and removed the trickster ability from all pokemon. This didn't seem to be the issue as whenever I fought the same trainer that it would freeze on before, it froze yet again. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it seems unrelated to the trickster ability. 

Edited by Gathnix

I'm not sure if this has been asked and solved in the comments before, but there are just so many pages and drop-downs in comments that I would be searching forever. Have Battle Cds been reintroduced in version 1.20? I have a ton of them but the woman in the Battle Cd Corner in Realgam doesn't seem to acknowledge that, only asked if she can help me with anything before the text box closes. I just beat Gonzap, if it's a matter of being far enough in the game. If it's for a future update just let me know.

Also, there's a bug I wanted to mention. I noticed when my Pinsir (which isn't the bug I want to mention) uses Circle Throw that if it causes an opponent to faint it doesn't reward Exp. This one I can recreate as many times as needed, so if video would help out just let me know and I can get a clip.

First, I want to say, I've been enjoying playing this a lot. But not sure if this has been asked before. In the FAQ it says in the future it might be possible to insert Gen4 Pokemon. I'm not sure it that would be possible, but once model importing becomes a thing, any plans to use Gen6 and up models considering how bad some of the Gen1-2 models look in this game. 

Posted (edited)

Can someone tell me which version is the latest? I'm sorry if it's a stupid question, but I've found download links for 1.2.1 and it's from 2016, but ALSO for 1.1.5 and it says it's from 2018! So I'm confused, but I'm assuming 1.2.1 it's the latest.

EDIT: ALSO, do we know which PKMN are obtainable and which are not?

Edited by nines
I don't want to double post, and I'd like to add one more question.

Thanks PinkOnion for the help. I only have a couple more questions. I have Butterfree listed on the shadow pokemon list (downloaded from output list) and I've already beaten the game and can't find it. Is it one of the 15 post game pokemon? I've already checked every trainer. Also is Ho-oh received at Mt. Battle like in Pokemon Colosseum?

On 4/12/2019 at 5:28 PM, CallMeHutch said:

I have Butterfree listed on the shadow pokemon list (downloaded from output list) and I've already beaten the game and can't find it. Is it one of the 15 post game pokemon?

Yes, it is.

On 4/12/2019 at 5:28 PM, CallMeHutch said:

Also is Ho-oh received at Mt. Battle like in Pokemon Colosseum?

No. 

Spoiler

He is a Shadow Pokemon, and is in the last Miror B. battle after acquiring all other Shadow Pokemon. In other words, Ho-Oh replaces Dragonite in the original game. Note: He is EXTREMELY hard to purify.

Curious to ask, how did you get Deoxys-Defense in the game? I didn't even know the models for the alternate Deoxys forms even existed until Battle Revolution!

On 5/2/2018 at 9:29 PM, StarsMmd said:

Honestly the only reason was that deoxys attack looks the coolest imo. You made me think about it though and I ended up changing it to defense for future updates. Later down the line I'll try and add in all the formes as separate pokemon.

On 6/1/2018 at 2:01 PM, StarsMmd said:

Adding the rest of the deoxys forms has been on my list for a while actually. It's just low priority right now. I would like to wire it up so that the deoxys form is automatically determined by it's nature. e.g. plus atk or sp.atk natures give attack form while neutral natures give normal form.

It's definitely possible, but it's a lot more work than it's worth.

FYI

Why does sleep powder have 5 PP, as in the same as spore a move that has 25 accuracy over it?

Why does tailwind only last 2 turns instead of 4?

On 4/17/2019 at 2:45 PM, Emalisha said:

FYI

Alright, thank you! It just intrigued me because I thought it simply never existed in XD.
Then again, StarsMMD can do almost anything with XD and I'm excited for more.