Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

13 minutes ago, macerator_mmg said:

Hello,

I just found this and was trying to patch my .iso of the game with the .ups i downloaded using NUPS but i keep getting an error saying "the patch doesn't match the file, patching canceled". How do I solve this? I'm really looking forward to being able to use this, Thanks for any help!

I'm not sure why you're getting that error, but the version of the game I use is the NTSC version and it works for me.

8 hours ago, Emalisha said:

I'm pretty sure it's Aerodactyl.

And correct, Dratini is one too.

Alright, thanks!

On 12/4/2018 at 10:21 PM, macerator_mmg said:

Hello,

I just found this and was trying to patch my .iso of the game with the .ups i downloaded using NUPS but i keep getting an error saying "the patch doesn't match the file, patching canceled". How do I solve this? I'm really looking forward to being able to use this, Thanks for any help!

Apply the patch to a clean .iso. (so not an XG one, but an XD one)

What I did was keep a clean iso in a separate folder and copy it each time there was a new patch and applied the patch to that copy.

8 hours ago, chipsNguacamole said:

New yo this, just a question: last time I played XG it was v.1.0.4, and so I patched a clean ISO with v.1.1.8 to see if the save files we're compatible, wich they weren't and still ran the v.1.0.4 save file. Will starting a new game let me play the v.1.1.8 patch?

Of course ! Try to export your save first, in case someone would be able to help you out. Just click on "tools" then "Gamecube Memory Card Manager". Image in spoilers below!

Spoiler

44727574_ss(2018-12-06at05_58.00).png.89cd76c845ff71b7203e6ae1393c2628.png

Really not sure if that will work, but maybe you could try to load a savestate? Would be interesting to know what would happen in that case.

If you still wanna keep a regular save and not using save states, you can make a new file on v1.1.8, save, load state (if it works) and then the game should let you resave normally. Once again, if loading a state works... Really don't know how that stuff works since all I knew was that there were some differences in the saves because of the patches, never heard about incompatible saves because of it.

Edited by Emalisha

Hey Stars! I know you get this a lot, but I made an account so I could post in this thread. Thanks for all of your hard work, I've spent probably around 200 hours between all of the hacks and such that you've worked on (and still growing too!).

I'm playing version v.1.1.8,  and I used your XD randomizer on it. I got to the point in the game where I can get Pokemon from Pokespots, but I think that because all of those Pokemon are randomized too, it's making the game crash. I enter the Pokespot where a Pokemon is and the screen is black with the music continuing for a few seconds before the game crashes. I have a feeling it's probably something relating to the Pokemon models that are supposed to show up, maybe?

I play this game so often that if I run into something else, I'll be sure to let you know! Thanks again Stars, you rule!

On 12/4/2018 at 4:21 PM, macerator_mmg said:

Hello,

You need an ISO with the following hashes:
CRC32: C0F69D18
MD5: 3BC1671806CF763A8712A5D398F62AD3
SHA-1: C1B5218F832403D15AA500AC4D6AACC8865C792D

If the ISO you have does not have those hashes, patching will fail. You need a different ISO.

im having a problem patching the game i have a clean copy of the game and i made a copy so i could play the original and the hacked one but it keeps telling me the error system.outofmemoryexception was thrown and i can click ether continue or quit when i click quit the patcher closes if i click continue the error vanishes and nothing seems to happen also ive had this error pop up before with continue and quit on other stuff but it didnt say system.outofmemoryexception was thrown it said other stuff before but on those if i click continue it turns out whatever i was trying to do failed the same thing happens when i try to patch the game to both continue and quit end up making the patching fail please help?

17 hours ago, flarewolf56 said:

im having a problem patching the game i have a clean copy of the game and i made a copy so i could play the original and the hacked one but it keeps telling me the error system.outofmemoryexception was thrown and i can click ether continue or quit when i click quit the patcher closes if i click continue the error vanishes and nothing seems to happen also ive had this error pop up before with continue and quit on other stuff but it didnt say system.outofmemoryexception was thrown it said other stuff before but on those if i click continue it turns out whatever i was trying to do failed the same thing happens when i try to patch the game to both continue and quit end up making the patching fail please help?

Sounds like you only have 1.5GB or 2GB of RAM, and more than half of it is in use. How much RAM does your computer have?

my comp has 1.5 gigs of ram in total and i was trying to patch it while playing a game but i think i dont remember lolz XDD do i need more then 2 gigs of ram to patch this game? cause if so then im gonna have to find another computer that has more then 2 my comp is a 32 bit which can only read 2 gigs at most

ok this is a edit to this comment i tried patching the game on my sister computer which has 2 gigs of ram total and i got a different error the error i got on her computer is the patching doesnt match the file patching canceled i know i need a different iso with different hashes is there a way to check what iso has what hashes and if so how do i check the hashes? i really want to play this hack btw this is my only iso

Edited by flarewolf56
tested my problem on a different computer and got a different error

17 hours ago, flarewolf56 said:

my comp has 1.5 gigs of ram in total and i was trying to patch it while playing a game but i think i dont remember lolz XDD do i need more then 2 gigs of ram to patch this game? cause if so then im gonna have to find another computer that has more then 2 my comp is a 32 bit which can only read 2 gigs at most

ok this is a edit to this comment i tried patching the game on my sister computer which has 2 gigs of ram total and i got a different error the error i got on her computer is the patching doesnt match the file patching canceled i know i need a different iso with different hashes is there a way to check what iso has what hashes and if so how do i check the hashes? i really want to play this hack btw this is my only iso

If you tried patching the same ISO that your computer ran out of memory patching, it won't work, since it already partially patched it. You'll need to get a fresh ISO. Also, at least 2GB of RAM is recommended since patching loads AT LEAST both the whole ISO into RAM, but if you tick the box in NUPS that says make a backup copy you'll need 2x the size of the ISO in RAM(which is about 2.73GB), which puts the maximum recommended RAM at 4GB.

Edit: I highly recommend having 2 copies of the ISO when patching - the one you are patching, and a backup copy in case patching fails. If patching fails, make a copy of your backup copy, then use the newly created copy to patch again. This is actually the recommended method when patching ANYTHING, really, but very few people do this.

Edited by Marcusc04

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2018 at 12:21 PM, Zharkos said:

Curious, has anyone tried this with homebrew? I was wondering if I could transfer the mons from the hack to a legit copy of emerald or frlg

Once you beat the game, go to the bottom of the Phenac Pokemon Center, you'll need a gamecube -> gameboy adapter in order for the trade to work though.

• 4 weeks later...

Differences between Pokémon in XD vanilla and XG:

All Pokémon with Fairy Typing since Gen 6 are part Fairy now.

Sceptile and Altaria have their Mega Typings.

BTW, is there a reason why Blastoise has a lower BST than in XD? It went from 530 to 515.

First, thanks for your previous post about the little unknown things about the game, I'm glad it gave you something to do at the time. (Late reply, I was going to ask my question in the second paragraph but I found a old partial reply the site remembered here. Don't know where I was going with it though, so this one is from scratch.) The 50% speed boost thing came from the bottom of the 1.0.1 changelog under the updated mechanics section in the op. Quote: " Most people don't know this but in XD, shadow pokemon get a 50% speed boost. This has now been taken out. "

Anyway, I wanted to ask about the 1.2 update note of: " Removed some scripted events from early in the story to speed up progression " I was going to make your next update my first playthrough of XD, is the change something that I would miss if it was not there (and therefore is there a way to turn it on/off or a second patch with it still included), and is there anything else I will be missing from the base game outside of the changes to the Pokemon and a couple locked off wip areas?

Edit: 1.2, not 2.0

Edited by TrainerX493
version 1.2, not 2.0

On 1/27/2019 at 6:31 PM, TrainerX493 said:

First, thanks for your previous post about the little unknown things about the game, I'm glad it gave you something to do at the time. (Late reply, I was going to ask my question in the second paragraph but I found a old partial reply the site remembered here. Don't know where I was going with it though, so this one is from scratch.) The 50% speed boost thing came from the bottom of the 1.0.1 changelog under the updated mechanics section in the op. Quote: " Most people don't know this but in XD, shadow pokemon get a 50% speed boost. This has now been taken out. "

Anyway, I wanted to ask about the 2.0 update note of: " Removed some scripted events from early in the story to speed up progression " I was going to make your next update my first playthrough of XD, is the change something that I would miss if it was not there (and therefore is there a way to turn it on/off or a second patch with it still included), and is there anything else I will be missing from the base game outside of the changes to the Pokemon and a couple locked off wip areas?

The bit where Jovi speaks to her friend in Gateon Port is already taken out, so I'm guessing 1.2 skips the second Chobin encounter and has the part in the shop right away.

Edited by Blob55

Could you lower the levels of some of the trainers? I've fought every trainer in the game up until Snattle's first battle, yet I can't beat him, plus there's no real grinding areas in the game other than Agate and Pyrite. I also did everything in Pyrite Colosseum and I can't do the Colosseum in Realgam Tower until later.