Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2017 at 3:54 AM, Poke J said:

How late in the game will the new Shadow Pokemon be appearing?  I'm just wondering so to know if I should slow down and wait or just continue on if I missed it already.

The next version will be completely incompatible with previous save files :)

1 hour ago, EnesOmega said:

Yo Stars! I cant patch the game... always "The Patch doesnt match the file" can u do a tutorial pls...?

Make sure the ISO is the US version (ntsc). Make sure it hasn't been scrubbed and make sure you've unzipped it if it's in a .zip or .rar file etc. Hope that helps :)

On 13/04/2017 at 11:24 AM, StarsMmd said:

Here's a list of some of the things to expect:

New Items

• eviolite, choice scarf, choice specs, wise glasses, muscle band, pixie plate, focus sash, assault vest, etc.

New abilities

• no guard, magic bounce, adaptability, multiscale, regenerator, snow warning, tough claws, sand force, Bulletproof, fur coat, motor drive, sap sipper, skill link, etc.
  • abilities properly programmed and fully functional

New moves

• psyshock, foul play, acrobatics, freeze dry, tailwind, trick room, etc.
  • many new shadow moves (now around 40 in total)

Obtainable pokemon

• 25 pokemon per pokespot instead of 3
  • new shadow pokemon

New and updated mechanics

• TMs can now be used infinitely!
  • hurricane 100% accurate in rain
  • rock types 50% spdef boost in sand
  • rough skin residual to 1/8
  • paralysis halves speed instead of quarter
  • weather abilities no longer infinite
  • the next pokemon is sent out at the end of the turn instead of as soon as the previous one faints
  • lightning rod is now immune to electric and gives a sp.atk boost
  • sturdy updated to gen v effect

New features

• battle bingo is back

Another version, another playthrough, eh?

Did you end up disabling regular trainer Pokemon from being randomly shiny? I remember talking about it with you, saying that you might. That was one of my favourite parts of playing through, seeing all the GCN Shiny sprites.

Looking at the new update notes, this opens up a lot of things for the post-game stuff, I like it.

You've done a lot of work since I last saw this, any idea what timeframe 1.0 will be out in?

2 hours ago, PinkOnion said:

Another version, another playthrough, eh?

Did you end up disabling regular trainer Pokemon from being randomly shiny? I remember talking about it with you, saying that you might. That was one of my favourite parts of playing through, seeing all the GCN Shiny sprites.

Looking at the new update notes, this opens up a lot of things for the post-game stuff, I like it.

You've done a lot of work since I last saw this, any idea what timeframe 1.0 will be out in?

I can't wait :)

Yeah the regular trainer pokemon mostly won't be shiny but I did throw a few in. The shiny ones will always be shiny and the non-shiny ones will never be shiny. The shadow and wild pokemon will still be random as usual.

I've put some proper release notes in the original post if you want to take a look at everything that's coming. v1.0 is technically finished now but I just need to test a few more things to make sure it doesn't crash. I have 2 exams this week though so I think it'll be released on either saturday or sunday. 

16 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

I can't wait :)

Yeah the regular trainer pokemon mostly won't be shiny but I did throw a few in. The shiny ones will always be shiny and the non-shiny ones will never be shiny. The shadow and wild pokemon will still be random as usual.

I've put some proper release notes in the original post if you want to take a look at everything that's coming. v1.0 is technically finished now but I just need to test a few more things to make sure it doesn't crash. I have 2 exams this week though so I think it'll be released on either saturday or sunday. 

Dang, so much new stuff.

I guess farming Leftovers from one of the Poke Spot Pokemon will be so much more of a pain now, haha.

I see all these extra and new abilities, do you have a file that says which Pokemon these are found on? Want to make a team of Pokemon I haven't used yet in the mod, though I can't remember what I used in the first run. All I remember is Entei, Lanturn, Crobat, Regice, Jirachi and the god Jumpluff from the second run. I assume you've fixed most of the TM stuff too, like Lanturn not getting Surf, but Regice getting it, as well as the Orre trainer's text, too.

19 minutes ago, PinkOnion said:

Dang, so much new stuff.

I guess farming Leftovers from one of the Poke Spot Pokemon will be so much more of a pain now, haha.

I see all these extra and new abilities, do you have a file that says which Pokemon these are found on? Want to make a team of Pokemon I haven't used yet in the mod, though I can't remember what I used in the first run. All I remember is Entei, Lanturn, Crobat, Regice, Jirachi and the god Jumpluff from the second run. I assume you've fixed most of the TM stuff too, like Lanturn not getting Surf, but Regice getting it, as well as the Orre trainer's text, too.

I had to make jumpluff a lot rarer because of you. Didn't realise how broken it would be!

I wrote some code which will automatically dump all of the info into the game into some text files so I'll be able to easily get that information for you when everything is finalised this weekend. 

All the TMs have been completely redone so I hope there aren't too many mistakes. I edit them en masse to save time so there may be a tiny mistake here or there. The Orre colosseum text has indeed been updated.

Just now, StarsMmd said:

I had to make jumpluff a lot rarer because of you. Didn't realise how broken it would be!

I wrote some code which will automatically dump all of the info into the game into some text files so I'll be able to easily get that information for you when everything is finalised this weekend. 

All the TMs have been completely redone so I hope there aren't too many mistakes. I edit them en masse to save time so there may be a tiny mistake here or there. The Orre colosseum text has indeed been updated.

I'll keep an eye out for anything that sticks out to me. I can't wait, also HAH on the Jumpluff thing.

Cheat codes are mostly of the same format. Just some moves and stuff may have been replaced. E.G. a cheat code to teach your pokemon the move mist would now teach it trick room. A list of all these kinds of values will be released so it will be easy to look up which values to use. Just be warned that some things in the game are broken or aren't implemented yet. If you cheat to give yourself an item you can't actually get in XG like the expert belt then it won't do anything. If you cheat and try to use the move transform the game will probably crash. It should probably be fine in most cases though.

I'm assuming you didn't give any of the other trainers' Pokemon any of those potentially broken moves either. (sorry if I'm asking things that seem like no brainers I just find those kind of things are the easiest to overlook when bug testing) Anyways I'm excited for the 1.0 release.

Also what happens/is it even possible to get two TMs of the same kind since they're infinite use? I know in the original there are shops that sell them.

Edited by XModxGodX

23 hours ago, XModxGodX said:

I'm assuming you didn't give any of the other trainers' Pokemon any of those potentially broken moves either. (sorry if I'm asking things that seem like no brainers I just find those kind of things are the easiest to overlook when bug testing) Anyways I'm excited for the 1.0 release.

Also what happens/is it even possible to get two TMs of the same kind since they're infinite use? I know in the original there are shops that sell them.

No worries, it's actually helpful. There's a lot of stuff to keep track of so it's easy to miss things. You got me a little paranoid so I ended up making it so that even if you use a broken move it will just have splash's effect so it should all be fine :)

It is possible to get multiple of a TM but you can just sell the spare or keep it or whatever pleases you. 

Hi, just wondering if this is still releasing this weekend. I was really wanting to play this on my weekend off, but I just want to know so I can stop refreshing the page every now and then in vain as the weekend is almost over. Please take your time doing what you want to do with it (I can see you want this to be the "finished" product judging by the 1.0 version), but would just like an update. Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EvilApple567 said:

Hi, just wondering if this is still releasing this weekend. I was really wanting to play this on my weekend off, but I just want to know so I can stop refreshing the page every now and then in vain as the weekend is almost over. Please take your time doing what you want to do with it (I can see you want this to be the "finished" product judging by the 1.0 version), but would just like an update. Thanks!

I'm in the process of fixing a bug I found. It shouldn't take too long and if there are no other major issues then it should still be on schedule for today. Will still be a little longer though :)

• Like 1

I must apologise to everyone. I've encountered a bug in XG and I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it yet. It is quite a rare bug but it does cause the game to randomly crash from time to time. I had a japanese exam today so I haven't had much time to look into it but I will try and get it sorted asap.

4 hours ago, StarsMmd said:

I must apologise to everyone. I've encountered a bug in XG and I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it yet. It is quite a rare bug but it does cause the game to randomly crash from time to time. I had a japanese exam today so I haven't had much time to look into it but I will try and get it sorted asap.

Not to worry, you'll get it to us when you do.

On 04/05/2017 at 3:16 AM, StarsMmd said:

Alright, I managed to fix the bug. It's happening this weekend for sure.

Ah, that's excellent news. I'll try and be as available as possible this weekend.
Edit: Turns out i'm not going to be available until Sunday evening.... dang.

Edited by PinkOnion

29 minutes ago, Orion Phoenix said:

Any word on when this will be out this weekend?

Played Version 0.93 and have been wanting to replay again so this is perfect. Amazing rom hack of an amazing game!

It will be released on sunday :)