Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

7 minutes ago, ARandommPerson said:

I see. Thank you for the clarification, I always forget that Trick Room has negative priority for some reason. :/

No problem. Also just to reiterate what PinkOnion mentioned earlier, a lot of the abilities/level up moves etc. have been changed around a bit. So a lot of things won't match bulbapedia. Most of them try to make some sort of sense though. In Shuppet's case, Mega Banette has prankster so I gave it to Shuppet and Banette in XG who would normally have very lacklustre abilities. You'll find similar additions like mega launcher blastoise, pixilate altaria, no guard pidgeot. A few changes were made to make some lesser used pokemon more viable like intimidate pinsir and sandstream claydol. Finally there are a couple of new abilities throw in, including "trickster" which sets up trick room upon entry into battle (I needed this so that AI trick room teams wouldn't just spam trick room over and over like that duskull you mentioned). 

Just now, PinkOnion said:

Stream's up, for anyone that's interested, at the link in the signature.

I'm there ;)

Not sure if bug or just not balenced, but Shadow Swim is super OP against non-shadow Pokemon. 

Everytime a shadow Pokemon has it it has once shot every other pokemon on the field. Ludicolo and Pelipper did this to my whole team. 

I'm in version 1.0 still so has this changed in 1.0.1?

Edited by Orion Phoenix
Forgot to put version

On 7.5.2017 at 9:03 PM, StarsMmd said:

It's basically like the shiny beldum from the ORAS demo :)

You were one of the first to play. A lot has changed since then.

so you know who has played that game? :o yeah it seems like in 1.0.1 a lot changed. got one available mon removed? so which were available in the past. 

2 hours ago, Orion Phoenix said:

Not sure if bug or just not balenced, but Shadow Swim is super OP against non-shadow Pokemon. 

Everytime a shadow Pokemon has it it has once shot every other pokemon on the field. Ludicolo and Pelipper did this to my whole team. 

I'm in version 1.0 still so has this changed in 1.0.1?

I wanted shadow pokemon and shadow moves to be really strong. I felt they were all far too weak in vanilla XD. Kind of underestimated how strong shadow swim would be though. I've just reduced it's power a bit and will be releasing a small update this weekend to fix up little things like that.

5 minutes ago, GamingAori said:

so you know who has played that game? :o yeah it seems like in 1.0.1 a lot changed. got one available mon removed? so which were available in the past. 

I just remember you posted here a long time ago when you were playing. I'm not sure I understand the question.

Thanks very much to all who came by for the stream, I'll see about doing some more tomorrow.

Very much liking the new additions so far, though one particular fight reminded me why I hate a particular move in general.

• Like 2

went to the stream, the additions look great! i'll definitely be playing this after exams, possibly streaming on my end too!

thank you so much StarsMMD for providing a hack that's much more expansive and versatile than its previous incarnation.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PinkOnion said:

Ran into a gamebreaking bug inside the Key Lair against the first required trainer on the first floor.

Game crashes regardless of what Pokemon or moves or items I use with the same error, so the issue is with the trainer's Shadow Gengar.

I managed to catch it without any troubles on my wii u. So not sure of the cause. Someone else ran into a similar issue in the opening battle simulation though. Could you send me your dolphin memory card?

The previous user to have the issue said this "I don't know why, but every time I get to using the second move in the opening battle, just after I select it, I get the error message from Dolphin "Invalid read from 0x018a00c8, PC = 0x8013d034"

Apparently, the problem was fixed though:

"Just clearing the errors caused it to resume, sorry for any issues"

Maybe that helps?

4 hours ago, StarsMmd said:

I managed to catch it without any troubles on my wii u. So not sure of the cause. Someone else ran into a similar issue in the opening battle simulation though. Could you send me your dolphin memory card?

The previous user to have the issue said this "I don't know why, but every time I get to using the second move in the opening battle, just after I select it, I get the error message from Dolphin "Invalid read from 0x018a00c8, PC = 0x8013d034"

Apparently, the problem was fixed though:

"Just clearing the errors caused it to resume, sorry for any issues"

Maybe that helps?

Clearing the errors in this case just causes the emulator to crash, regardless of the Yes/No the errors give you.

I'll try some other stuff, but here's the Memory Card for now.

XG 1.0.gci

6 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

I'll take a look

Apparently updating to 5.0 solved the issue, I'm sorry for being a bother, hah.

I just figured it would work anyway since it did on the last build.

Edit: Got a couple of those errors you mentioned that you just mash through, but otherwise got through the battle.

Edited by PinkOnion

38 minutes ago, PinkOnion said:

Apparently updating to 5.0 solved the issue, I'm sorry for being a bother, hah.

I just figured it would work anyway since it did on the last build.

Edit: Got a couple of those errors you mentioned that you just mash through, but otherwise got through the battle.

I took a look at the code and there's definitely a problem there. I'm pretty sure it's because I forgot to change shadow room's animation. It replaced swallow and so still had swallow's animation. I'm not sure of the specifics but for some reason this causes a problem for dolphin. It probably has something to do with the fact that swallow's animation is related to the use of stockpile and so it expects some other code to have been executed first. I've already changed the animation anyway so it should be fixed in the minor update this weekend.

16 minutes ago, StarsMmd said:

I took a look at the code and there's definitely a problem there. I'm pretty sure it's because I forgot to change shadow room's animation. It replaced swallow and so still had swallow's animation. I'm not sure of the specifics but for some reason this causes a problem for dolphin. It probably has something to do with the fact that swallow's animation is related to the use of stockpile and so it expects some other code to have been executed first. I've already changed the animation anyway so it should be fixed in the minor update this weekend.

I've also ran into an issue on the older version regarding a certain Oasis Poke Spot Pokemon trying to Nasty Plot 4 times and crashing the emulator on the 4th Nasty Plot, but that issue doesn't seem to exist on the newer version.

3 minutes ago, PinkOnion said:

I've also ran into an issue on the older version regarding a certain Oasis Poke Spot Pokemon trying to Nasty Plot 4 times and crashing the emulator on the 4th Nasty Plot, but that issue doesn't seem to exist on the newer version.

Alright, thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look. Was it activating justified btw?

Stream's going up.

Edit: The frames aren't with me today, I'll wait a few hours before going live.

Edit 2: Going to attempt to go live again.

Edit 3: Stream's done, going to probably wait until the weekend for the update to come out before I start a new save, since the one I have isn't 100% completable. Give me a shout when it goes live.

@StarsMmd

Edited by PinkOnion
  • Like 1

Hi again,

I'm still playing on the 0.9.8 version and have encountered a very annoying glitch that is making me consider starting over with version 1.0.1 and I'm wondering if it has been addressed in the new version.  The glitch happens when I sometime successfully snag a Pokemon and the next Pokemon on the opponents team is never sent out.  This has lead to a few endless battles.  I've attempted to reproduce the glitch and a few time and now I can get it to consistently happen.  I think it's due to the AI attempting to switch the Shadow Pokemon on the same turn that you succeed in snag the Pokemon resulting in either the opponent only being able to send one Pokemon out at a time for the rest of the battle or never sending out another Pokemon.  I've found the glitch to be more common in the later game when Shadow Pokemon started to use move that dropped their own stats.

Lastly, thank you for making this hack.  It has been wonderful!

Edited by Poke J
Removed a question that the answer can be found on the original post.

Okay I may just be being stupid but whenever i go to patch the freshly downloaded GoD ISO using nups,  it says the patch applied but it didn't. Nothing changed in the game. Am I doing something wrong? Or is the v 1.0.1 patch not compatable with NUPS?

On 5/10/2017 at 6:30 PM, PinkOnion said:

Stream's going up.

Edit: The frames aren't with me today, I'll wait a few hours before going live.

Edit 2: Going to attempt to go live again.

Edit 3: Stream's done, going to probably wait until the weekend for the update to come out before I start a new save, since the one I have isn't 100% completable. Give me a shout when it goes live.

@StarsMmd

Sorry for the delay. I will be uploading 2 versions today. One which allows you to fight mirror b on v1.0.1 and fixes the shadow room glitch (the other minor bugs like the intimidate issue will still remain though) and v1.0.3 which has a few minor updates and fixes all the other bugs found in v1.0.1 but requires a new save file.

On 5/15/2017 at 5:39 PM, TheScottishSalamence said:

The glitch mentioned above still happens to me, despite having Dolphin 5.0 and a 1.0.1 patch. Although I still have a 1.0 save file so that might be the case. 

I will be releasing a better version today but new save files are recommended for new versions :)

On 5/16/2017 at 5:38 AM, Poke J said:

Hi again,

I'm still playing on the 0.9.8 version and have encountered a very annoying glitch that is making me consider starting over with version 1.0.1 and I'm wondering if it has been addressed in the new version.  The glitch happens when I sometime successfully snag a Pokemon and the next Pokemon on the opponents team is never sent out.  This has lead to a few endless battles.  I've attempted to reproduce the glitch and a few time and now I can get it to consistently happen.  I think it's due to the AI attempting to switch the Shadow Pokemon on the same turn that you succeed in snag the Pokemon resulting in either the opponent only being able to send one Pokemon out at a time for the rest of the battle or never sending out another Pokemon.  I've found the glitch to be more common in the later game when Shadow Pokemon started to use move that dropped their own stats.

Lastly, thank you for making this hack.  It has been wonderful!

Yes it is a glitch that @PinkOnion first highlighted to me. It is exactly as you thought. When you snag a pokemon on the turn it was meant to be switched out and the opponent only has one pokemon left then they will not send it out because the game already believes it will be switched in but then the turn for that switch in never happens. Usually this just means it becomes a 2 vs 1 battle but once you knock out the remaining pokemon they should send out the last pokemon as normal. I've never seen it lead to an endless battle though.

In the newer versions I have made it so that new pokemon are sent out at the end of the turn instead of immediately after a pokemon faints so the conditions for the glitch can no longer occur.

On 5/18/2017 at 6:29 PM, TopSucc said:

Okay I may just be being stupid but whenever i go to patch the freshly downloaded GoD ISO using nups,  it says the patch applied but it didn't. Nothing changed in the game. Am I doing something wrong? Or is the v 1.0.1 patch not compatable with NUPS?

I haven't used NUPS myself but maybe it saves the patched version separately from the original and you're opening the original?

2 hours ago, StarsMmd said:

Sorry for the delay. I will be uploading 2 versions today. One which allows you to fight mirror b on v1.0.1 and fixes the shadow room glitch (the other minor bugs like the intimidate issue will still remain though) and v1.0.3 which has a few minor updates and fixes all the other bugs found in v1.0.1 but requires a new save file.

Might not be able to get to it today, but I'll do my best during the week to start back up.