Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

Just finished a full playthrough (technically) and had zero issues apart from one. I wasnt able to get sableye to spawn since i lost to Smarton on the S.S Libra with no way to rematch. now mirror B wont spawn and ive caught and purified every pokemon other than this sableye and ho-oh. other than this, everything was perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having an issue that I cannot find discussion for here, I am also new to the site just for this Rom Hack. Whenever my Jolteon absorbs a move with lightning rod, or any of my pokemon use power-up punch, there is no animation for a stat boost and I do not believe they are receiving one either. I am using the latest version as well (1.2.1-3) Enemy pokemon still seem to get stat boosts with these abilities/moves.

Thank you so much for working on this rom hack, its quickly become one of my favorites <3 if anyone has a solution or if this is just a bug I would love to know. Thank you!

Hello! I really like this ROM hack, it is extremely well done and took my favorite pokemon game and managed to turn it into something even better, so kudos! 

The only thing I would like to request is adding Hypno in, if possible. I was pretty sad to see Hypno was one of the pokemon taken out (it's my favorite), and I would really love if you added it back in. Maybe taking out one of the pokemon that aren't competitive and probably won't see use, like Caterpie for example. 

Regardless, amazing work and I look forward to any future projects or updates. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this was shared but I saw someone mention that the trainers in the battle square in Pyrite can be used to EV train. I checked each one and its true, here is a list of each trainer and what EV's you can train using them.

Hunter Davis (Orange) = Speed
Chaser Tyler (Purple) = Special Attack
Bodybuilder Tommy (Muscle) = Special Defence 
Rider Phil (Brown) = Defense 
Chaser Tammy (Girl) = Attack 
Worker Dip (Yellow Hat Before Square) = HP

I only tested this post game and they had full parties of 6 with lvl 60 Pokemon. I'm sure you can use them during the story and they will probably each still have Pokemon relative to the EV training list above. Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, sorry I've been unavailable for a while. Someone suggested I start a discord server so it would be easier to communicate and have a central hub for NGC/Wii ROM hacking updates. Here's the link if anyone wants to learn, get support, ask questions or have a chat: https://discord.gg/xCPjjnv

Edited by StarsMmd
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Despite my best efforts, I cannot find a clean ISO for Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, as apparently not even NUPS can patch it. It keeps having problems opening the file.

Since, due to STUPID COPYRIGHT, I can't ask for any download links to a clean ISO of Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness (or any other game) anywhere on the Internet, I'd like to ask instead for an ISO of this game, a.k.a. a clean ISO of Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness with the .ups patch for this hack already applied to it. Does anyone have that for me? Send me a PM if necessary.

PLEASE don't try to help me with NUPS. I didn't ask for that, and I'll get really mad if I get attempted help on that issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried running the game on both settings. The game starts out fine, not going below 30FPS, but right after I load my save file; the framerate drops below 20 and never rises above it unless I either go in or out a building, or open my items menu. The moment I do either of those; the framerate jumps back to perfect. What should I do? My version of Dolphin is 5.0-12845

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've gotten the game to show when using the dolphin emulator, though no matter what keys I press on my keyboard, nothing registers as either A or START. Not sure if this has anything to do with the file not populating in the dolphin emulator since I used the steps provided in the video featuring this ROM by "whoisthisgit" or something else on my part that I failed to understand. If you could assist me in any way, I'd be very appreciative of it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've been playing this hack and loving it despite a few issues here and there. A major issue I'm coming across is the post-game Shadow Pokemon. For some reason, none of the trainers load with their teams, instead it just says (For example): "Trainer Ruby sent out !", and then I'd instantly win the battle. At first I just thought it was her, but ALL of the post-game trainers with Shadow Pokemon don't load their teams. Is there any reason for this? I've been trying to look around for a fix but nothing's popped up for this specific issue...any help would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I love this hack but I have a huge issue with it that hampers my enjoyment of it. Why are the EV training guys in Pyrite so strong? Right before I fought Snattle I was EV training with few problems, but then after beating Snattle I wanted to do it some more, only to find that the Pyrite trainers had a huge boost in power. It's nice getting 9 EVs per fight, except I can't even reliably defeat all 3 with the Pokemon I'm trying to train because they match the power of my Pokemon. Except the construction worker that gives HP EVs, oddly. His mons stayed at level 26, so I have no problem with him. I spent a while giving HP EVs to certain Pokemon because that's the only one I can easily defeat. The special attack EV guy in particular is brutal. Because of his Gengar's Shadow Tag, I can't even swap out to a dummy Pokemon to prevent it from being knocked out and losing out on the EVs. It's infuriating, frankly. I get it's so you gain more EXP, but there are other ways to simply grind EXP with Pokemon up to par with yours. At the very least, please change that guy's Gengar to a different ability. I have to keep resetting the game until Gengar is sent out first so I can kill it before it can kill either of my mons I'm trying to train (which right now involves having my Clefable hold a Wise Glasses to OHKO Gengar with Psyshock... which is a range and if it doesn't KO I have to reset), and then I can swap as needed to make sure my mons get the EVs. I just don't think EV training should be this difficult is all.

Speaking of which, sorry if this was already answered, but is there a way to reset EVs in a stat? And if not, will that be added?

And, can you make it so the cursor defaults on "Yes" when it asks if you want to continue the save?

Edited by HopeFragment

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 5:16 PM, TBA-NA said:

It's stated this mod doesn't work well with save editors, but exactly how compatible is it? Does it only work with pokemon that were already in the original game? Just want to make sure.

I'm having no issues with PKhex, moves and items seem to just be replacements of others in game so as long as you dont change those you should keep what theyve been updated to, not sure if theres a way to tell what theyve been replaced from so you can make those edits yourself.

hello, i have a question, can i use my savefile from Pkmn XD in Pkmn XG? im using nintendon't on my wii so all the savefile are in the same format as the dolphin savefiles, so... is that posible or it isn't (i just developed a friendship with a vibrava and i really want to play the game with her)

Hi @StarsMmd, idk if u are still interested to see gameplay of your XD hackrom but yesterday I began the game in Twitch (I reach Agata Village and I purified all my shadow mons). Today I am gonna go Mt. Battle and Shadow Pokémon Lab and let's see new Shadow Mons and other stuff. I am doing a "Thieflocke", my chat decides if I steal non-shadow Mons for normal trainers (I stole an Abra, Magnemite and Squirtle :P).

Usually I stream daily Pokémon XG: Next Gen Thieflocke at 3 PM (CET), but today I host a tournament Gen 6 OU in Showdown and I will do XG later. Idk if u will read this but I hope yes. My stream is spanish but I will be so happy if u come and we can talk a bit in english :).

Greetings, my twitch channel is www.twitch.tv/SrDragonaso.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/9/2021 at 7:20 PM, Turtleboy1 said:

So, I have a problem. Whenever I play this hack on dolphin, it just keeps freezing randomly in the middle of gameplay. I don't know if that's a problem with his hack specifically or just XD on Dolphin in general.

I was having the same issue until recently. Turning off dual-core under general settings seems to have fixed that for me. Stable for now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...