Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

Okay, I might be stupid, but i can't figure out how to get XG to work. I downloaded an iso of Gale, and the latest version of XG, but i'm floundering on what to do next.

Can someone help me, or point me to where I can find the necessary help?

hey i have install dolphin and download pokemon XG files.

Now, we told me i must install pokkemon XD ISO and patch this ?

Edit : i have installed pokemon XD USA ISO and i can start the basic game on dolphin (with lag :()

How i can patch is for play pokemon XG ? please

Edited by simrat

hi everyone, 

I just got my pidgeot and i see that he has a super bad nature, so i was thinking if maybe, we can change the nature of a pokemon is this game  ? 

I thank you all for your future answers

Edited by fay-clochette

So, I am completely clueless when it comes to how to set this kind of thing up to actually play, but I am seriously dying to play this game. It looks like the Pokémon I’ve always wanted. 

I’ve been replaying the original Pokémon XD because it’s one of my favorite Pokémon games and my sister told me about this version of it. I’d love to be able to play it, but I just have no idea how to set it up. I have a Wii U and I heard you can play it on that console, but I have no idea how to install(?) it. Can anyone give me a “for dummies” run through on how to do it? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 9:01 PM, KingLycanroc said:

Hi. Loving the look of this hack so far.

Does anyone a PNG of the Pokemon XG logo(for using on thumbnails/layouts etc.)?

Thanks in advance.

On 5/31/2019 at 3:02 PM, StarsMmd said:

Sorry I'm late but if you still need this then let me know!

Hi. Its been a while, but yes I am still looking.

Thanks

I been playing though the game trying to get a full shiny team, so far I am missing just one more shiny and I was wondering if I could add raikou too it I was just wondering if it can be shiny or is it locked? umm nvm I just got it I was asking because I was hunting it for a while lol....

I also realized there is a trace Porygon 2 in the cave pokespot idk if that's still a problem just thought to let u know. Came across it hunting shiny pokes in pokespots.

Edited by deathlyhowl
forgot to add the porygon bit

A couple questions:

- How many turns does Solar Beam require to charge? Whenever I use it with Grovyle he just charges it indefinitely and never fires it off.

- My Grovyle is level 37 and it hasn't evolved yet. Is his evolution level different now? (nvm i'm dumb it's just bc he died when he leveled up)

Edited by TheWomble

On 5/11/2020 at 1:54 AM, PapaNemba said:

Hey, not sure if I’m just stupid or something, but is there a list of all the wild Pokémon? Really want to try using an Aerodactyl, and not sure which Poké Spot he’d be at.

I caught an Aerodactyl at the rocky-desert type spot. It’s a lot larger than I always thought it was so I kinda had a heart attack when I saw it lol

Started a new game recently since i love this rom hack but i have one question. Is there any way to reduce EV of pokemon? I thought i remember doing it in past playthoughs but i could be wrong. @StarsMmd thanks again for making this rom hack its my favorite pokemon game to replay of all time.

1 hour ago, Jayrod said:

Started a new game recently since i love this rom hack but i have one question. Is there any way to reduce EV of pokemon? I thought i remember doing it in past playthoughs but i could be wrong. @StarsMmd thanks again for making this rom hack its my favorite pokemon game to replay of all time.

There might be another way I’m not aware of but there’s a trainer for each stat in pyrite’s duel square.

On 6/30/2020 at 11:06 AM, Dallaswillis99 said:

How do i fix the hack i can't use any attack without it crashing and i get eevee and a zigzagoon instead of eevee and beldum

Plus after the shadow Lugia scene i have 3 pokemons against a gardevoir please help me 

Make sure to have the latest version patched into the game which is 1.2.1-3. This version fixed the crash when using a move.

Beldum was replaced with Zigzagoon as of version 1.1.8 I think.

I literally made an account here for the sole purpose of trying to get this answered, since this looks so amazing.

I picked up my ROM and used NUPS to try and patch it. Every time I tried, a pop-up would appear that said "The patch doesn't match the file. Patching canceled." I've tried double-checking and re-downloading both the patch and the ROM, and I get the same pop-up every time. It doesn't work with Tsukuyomi either (I know the main page says it's not compatible, but I wanted to make sure since NUPS didn't like it).

Can anyone help?

Quick update: I tried using 'notify' instead of 'abort' on NUPS to patch the file anyway, and that worked, but the game crashed on launch. When I booted it up, I got past the warning screen that shows at first, and then the screen turned black and stopped entirely.

Update again: I also tried deleting my data from the base game, since I had a ROM of that downloaded. The game still crashed on launch.

Edited by UFVKNP

10 hours ago, UFVKNP said:

I literally made an account here for the sole purpose of trying to get this answered, since this looks so amazing.

I picked up my ROM and used NUPS to try and patch it. Every time I tried, a pop-up would appear that said "The patch doesn't match the file. Patching canceled." I've tried double-checking and re-downloading both the patch and the ROM, and I get the same pop-up every time. It doesn't work with Tsukuyomi either (I know the main page says it's not compatible, but I wanted to make sure since NUPS didn't like it).

Can anyone help?

Quick update: I tried using 'notify' instead of 'abort' on NUPS to patch the file anyway, and that worked, but the game crashed on launch. When I booted it up, I got past the warning screen that shows at first, and then the screen turned black and stopped entirely.

Update again: I also tried deleting my data from the base game, since I had a ROM of that downloaded. The game still crashed on launch.

Did you make sure to use the recommended settings? Turn off Panic Handlers and Dual Core.

Edited by Blob55

20 hours ago, UFVKNP said:

Can anyone help?

I had that issue trying to patch with the .nkit.iso format, but it worked just fine with a standard .iso. I'd try converting it back to plain .iso, or getting a new one, as I don't think the patch is compatible with compressed formats. 

7 hours ago, saltydeadboi said:

I had that issue trying to patch with the .nkit.iso format, but it worked just fine with a standard .iso. I'd try converting it back to plain .iso, or getting a new one, as I don't think the patch is compatible with compressed formats. 

Yes, you have to convert those nikt isos.