Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

who came up with the idea of giving every pokemon 80+ power moves? like you start the game, get all those weak lv 20 shadow pokemon and run into lv 20 gengar with shadow ball and sludge bomb. is it that hard to make the trainers scale? also i dont know if i'm just extremely unlucky, but npcs dont seem to miss any move

Edited by chris64

On 2/11/2020 at 7:35 AM, chris64 said:

who came up with the idea of giving every pokemon 80+ power moves? like you start the game, get all those weak lv 20 shadow pokemon and run into lv 20 gengar with shadow ball and sludge bomb. is it that hard to make the trainers scale? also i dont know if i'm just extremely unlucky, but npcs dont seem to miss any move

MT Battle

• 4 weeks later...

Made an account just to ask this but where's the Shadow Ball TM? Documentation says it's at Realgam Tower but I can't find it. I've opened all the chests there, I didn't get it from Realgam Colosseum, It's not at the store. If I was supposed to get it at from the chests then it's not in my inventory. Don't tell me I have to play Battle Bingo for it.

good evening I come on the forum, because I want to play pokemon xg, I have the basic roms, and the roms xg, and dolphin.
or if a person knows the pseudo discord of the creator of pokemon xg to help me the above because I am still not found how to make the roms work
I tried to find a tutorial on youtube or internet and I can’t find anything so if someone can help me put the files in the right places it would be
Really Nice ^^ ... 

Capture.PNG

On 3/16/2020 at 4:45 PM, Tylander said:

I still can't start it yet I have the basic game, which can help me  

You're using the PAL (Europe) version of the game, this hack only works on the NTSC (US) version. This also means you'll have to play in english.

I just tried out this hack and the latest version of dolphin keeps crashing when I throw a bullet punch during the 1st battle, 5.0 stable works fine though. Is that normal or something's wrong on my end ?

Edit : Nevermind fixed it, forgot to disable panic handlers somehow. However I found out that 5.0 is much slower than the latest beta version (literally 2x slower in some areas, R5 2600 GTX 1660 DX11 Dual core off and 16:9 gecko code), so I highly recommend you don't use 5.0. If the author could confirm and include this in the recommended setup, that would be really nice. Awesome hack btw.

Edited by n0n

On 3/15/2020 at 7:42 AM, bigthroweroflard said:

Hey guys, sorry if it's been answered but how do you evolve Feebas? Obviously there's no beauty rating, does it evolve at a certain level?

It should evolve automatically at some level....i think 20 or something.

Hey, I'm trying to get this game to work on Dolphin and I'm having trouble. I'm not very well-versed in Dolphin and watched some tutorials on how to download games to dolphin but I couldn't put XG in Dolphin because it needs to be an ISO file. Help would be much appreciated!

Edited by tranz_former

10 hours ago, tranz_former said:

Hey, I'm trying to get this game to work on Dolphin and I'm having trouble. I'm not very well-versed in Dolphin and watched some tutorials on how to download games to dolphin but I couldn't put XG in Dolphin because it needs to be an ISO file. Help would be much appreciated!

An .iso is basically the game disc itself in digital format in this context. You just need to obtain it (just google "pokemon xd rom usa", can't share it since that's not allowed/legal) and follow the instructions page 1. Make sure the ISO is around 1.36GB.

• Thanks 1

So i got the Pokemon XD game working on Dolphin, now i need to patch the game with XG using a UPS patcher. I tried patching the game but my basic XD game ISO file disappeared and now I'm left with nothing.

For tsukuyomi, I did

1) Apply patch to an existing file,

2) UPS patch file to apply: I then applied the Pokemon XG UPS file

3)Target file to patch to: Pokemon XD Rom USA

Did i not patch the game correctly? Thank you for your help!

Edit: I just read that tsukuyomi does not work and NUPS does

Edit 2: My dumbass finally got it to work!

Edited by tranz_former

Okay, so I managed to apply the patch to the ISO file and started it up in Dolphin.  It starts up just fine, but I am stuck at the title screen cause the game just won't let me play.  It tells me that the memory card A is corrupted and asks me to format it.  I click on yes, then it says that the game could not be saved and asks me if I want to continue anyways.  I again click on yes and it goes back to the title screen.  What must I do to even play the game???

Edited by SaintLatona

On 4/6/2020 at 2:26 AM, SaintLatona said:

Okay, so I managed to apply the patch to the ISO file and started it up in Dolphin.  It starts up just fine, but I am stuck at the title screen cause the game just won't let me play.  It tells me that the memory card A is corrupted and asks me to format it.  I click on yes, then it says that the game could not be saved and asks me if I want to continue anyways.  I again click on yes and it goes back to the title screen.  What must I do to even play the game???

If you're fine with losing your config/saves/savestates the easiest thing to do is to do a clean install of dolphin by deleting the dolphin folder in your documents and reinstalling it. You could also try change the memory card settings here : Option -> Configuration -> Gamecube. Also you're better off googling this kind of issues instead of waiting for someone to give you an half-assed reply in a fairly inactive thread.

Edited by n0n

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm currently having issues playing this ROM Hack. Whenever I open the game, it lets me go to the Health and Safety menu before giving me a black screen with 0 FPS. I tested with a clean ROM of XD and that works fine. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

don't know hoow feasible these are but i have a few QOL suggestions for the next patch.  One would be the stats affected by natures.  in the newer games the stat increased is tinted red and the stat lowered is tinted blue.  it would be nice so we don't have to look up natures.  the other improvement i would suggest is having something on the move description to indicate if the move is physical or special.  could be as simple as a tint like suggested above or adding a (p) or (sp) in the description but something to tell us the move is physical or special would be nice.  Loving this hack just trying to suggest some qol improvements from future gens that would be nice to bring in since you are already bringing a lot of them into this