Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

So I killed a shadow Pokemon in the Cipher Lab and when it says Mirror B. shows up, I go to the Pyrite Colosseum and he isn't there. It has happened multiple times and i'm confused. I haven't gotten far enough in the game to unlock the Realgem Tower, so he can't appear there. Help?

Hey, I'm currently playing the 1.2.1 version of this hack, and I would like to know where I can find a Moon Stone in this version of the hack, as I already chose a Thunder Stone for Jolteon, because I want to try to evolve a Clefairy when I eventually purify it.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but Bulletproof does block Rock Slide, even though Rock Slide is not a "projectile" move like Shadow Ball or Sludge Bomb and that Bulletproof does not block Rock Slide in the actual games.

image.png.87a9e45b08c77f384de547c1458b29ce.png

On 6/17/2019 at 7:56 PM, reactzzzz said:

I had a question, if I wasn't happy with my Blazakins nature after I captured him and purified him. Can I release him and recapture him?

I don't think that's possible. For something like that it's best to save before capturing/fighting.

For my question: can i get the bone item for marowak from wild ones at the spots? Because i don't know if they still spawn in this version.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:40 PM, LucisArmigerV said:

Are there any other TMs/Shadow Machines for Shadow Moves other than Shadow Rush in version 1.2.1? Or is Shadow Rush the only Shadow Move TM/SM at the moment? If there are more, where can I get them?

It's been a while since I last played, but most of the others I believe you get as rewards for the Sets at Orre Colosseum.

• 3 weeks later...

I lost to the guy in Phenac City with Shadow Magmar and I went through the whole game without another opportunity to recapture it. I can't complete the game now and the only ones left are Magmar, Butterfree (Can't find it), and Ho-oh. Good hack, though. I just had some bad luck.

4 hours ago, Munchkin said:

I lost to the guy in Phenac City with Shadow Magmar and I went through the whole game without another opportunity to recapture it. I can't complete the game now and the only ones left are Magmar, Butterfree (Can't find it), and Ho-oh. Good hack, though. I just had some bad luck.

hey I can help on the Butterfree but I'm still stuck on Magmar failing to respawn. Butterfree is in Agate Village after you beat Greevil iirc, that or at Gateon Port. Just talk to all the NPC's in the overworld who aren't in buildings in either of those locations and one should have Butterfree

Hello,

I downloaded the UPS file, and then downloaded NUPS to patch the ROM I have that is supposed to be a US rom, and NUPS keeps saying that the files do not match.  I'm drawing a blank on what to do, and the only thing I could think of is that my Rom may not be the US rom.  If this is the case, I'm not sure what else to do.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by jrconlon

Hello I have been trying to download this game only MacBook for a while but its not working.. can someone please post the recent download link? I already have the PKHEX and Dolphin downloaded.. Also Is it possible in the game to hack what pokemon are in it? I would love to start my adventure with a Delcatty in my team! 

I'd like to report a bug.

In Citadark Isle, the cipher peon Katie has a Rapidash that keeps using bounce. This means that rapidash never goes into the second portion of the move and keeps going up. At least I had Sky uppercut on my Blaziken, so I was able to go through this battle pretty easily, but this can be quite troublesome for players who don't bring/have any move that can counter pokemon that use bounce/fly.

On 7/14/2019 at 12:14 AM, jrconlon said:

Hello,

I downloaded the UPS file, and then downloaded NUPS to patch the ROM I have that is supposed to be a US rom, and NUPS keeps saying that the files do not match.  I'm drawing a blank on what to do, and the only thing I could think of is that my Rom may not be the US rom.  If this is the case, I'm not sure what else to do.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I was having the same problem at first, turns out the issue was with the ISO I had. Some ISOs you find online are extracted or oprimized, with a file size of about 800 MB. You should find a perfectly clean and raw one, which is about 1.05 GB. Hope this helps! 

Hi! 

I was wondering whether it would be possible to add shiny Shadow Pokémon to the game, without them having the same issue as in Colosseum, perhaps by setting all other trainers' IDs and SID equal to the player's. 

Edited by sopadequeso123

On 5/31/2019 at 5:18 PM, Pichoco said:

Hello!

So first, I want to say I enjoy this hack a lot, and I'll be really happy whenever Gen IV+ Pokemon will be in the game. Thank you for your hard work ^^

Now, onto the problem: I just really can't find Raikou. 

I've caught the two other legendary dogs and even Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. But Raikou, I just can't find him. From what I have seen in a playthrough, he is apparently in the Cipher Key Lair but I can't find him. If anyone can help, it'd be great.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Unfortunately due to my lack of a proper scripting tool in the past, Raikou's appearance flag is slightly later than the other 2. You have to progress the main story by one more flag after beating Gorigan in order for Raikou to appear. 

On 5/31/2019 at 9:03 PM, vhsknife said:

I tested panic handlers on every version I tested and it had no effect at all. I played the first release of this mod a year and a half ago and it was incredible work, so I'm really hoping I can get an updated version to work, even if it's an older one @StarsMmd

There is a list of recommended settings on the original post. Hopefully it helps.

On 6/6/2019 at 1:16 AM, DivineFlame said:

I got a pokespot notification and went to the cave pokespot where I encountered a Porygon2! I sent out my Grovyle, and as soon as the Go! Grovyle! message, the game froze, and just keeps looping the pokespot battle music in a stilted way. No idea what could have caused it. I'm running XG off of a usb on my wii through nintendon't. 

*Edit, encountered another glitch on mount battle with Grovyle. Used solar beam and Grovyle wouldn't stop charging the beam. It charged for 4 rounds before getting knocked out by the opponent's magneton.

Also, I'm a pretty casual pokemon player and this mod is damn hard. Seems like every battle I have my pokemon get one shot or a decent chunk of my party faint. I have a varied team, too. Currently using Larvitar, Gorovyle, Combusken, Swampert, Bagon, and Jolteon, all at levels comparable or better than the opponent's levels. It's annoying to have to run back to a healing machine after every battle, or have my party totally wiped if I get unlucky. I don't really want to grind, especially considering doing so would be at Mt. battle which is now a gym trainer challenge series, but, I'd like to not have to heal my entire team after every battle. Any advice on team composition to have a better time with the enemy, or should I just grind a little and come back? I understand veterans of this game and the series probably want a little challenge, but I just kind of wanted to see what was added and relive playing X D after so long. 

Not sure what caused the crash but I'll look into it. Thanks for reporting.

As for the difficulty, I'd recommend using all the tools the game has to offer. There are a lot of great TMs, move tutor moves, a move relearner and a wide variety of hold items available. Also there's plenty of money to go around so don't be shy about buying potions and revives to save trekking back to healing machines.

Make sure your team has a good selection of moves and consider some of the more supporting moves like fake out, reflect, light screen, tailwind, trickroom, etc.

On 6/6/2019 at 8:02 PM, LeXerneas said:

Hey all, I KO'd Magmar back in Phenac City and now it seems Mirror B is just refusing to reappear. He's showed back up with every Shadow Pokemon I've KO'd except for Magmar and Magmar is the last Shadow Pokemon I'm missing before Mirror B shows up at Gateon Port with the final Shadow Pokemon. Am I just severely unlucky or did something go wrong? In the Shadow Monitor it just says "Spotted: Phenac City, Snag failed"

That's odd. You're not the only one reporting this so I'll take a look and see if I can fix it. If you'd like I can help make a special patch for you where you can get magmar somewhere else.

On 6/10/2019 at 3:34 AM, Blizzykay said:

So I killed a shadow Pokemon in the Cipher Lab and when it says Mirror B. shows up, I go to the Pyrite Colosseum and he isn't there. It has happened multiple times and i'm confused. I haven't gotten far enough in the game to unlock the Realgem Tower, so he can't appear there. Help?

Miror B can also appear at any of the pokespots. Be sure to use the miror radar from your key items pocket to see where he is.

On 6/11/2019 at 11:22 PM, Horatio Flame said:

How do you put cheat codes in here for the rare candy

I don't know myself but it should be the same as you would do for vanilla XD.

On 6/12/2019 at 3:00 PM, LucisArmigerV said:

Hey, I'm currently playing the 1.2.1 version of this hack, and I would like to know where I can find a Moon Stone in this version of the hack, as I already chose a Thunder Stone for Jolteon, because I want to try to evolve a Clefairy when I eventually purify it.

All evolutions stones are Mt. Battle prizes that can be exchanged for coupons.

On 6/12/2019 at 8:30 PM, ProtoZ7 said:

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but Bulletproof does block Rock Slide, even though Rock Slide is not a "projectile" move like Shadow Ball or Sludge Bomb and that Bulletproof does not block Rock Slide in the actual games.

image.png.87a9e45b08c77f384de547c1458b29ce.png

I got a bit carried away and ended up making bulletproof immune to a whole bunch of moves 🙂

On 7/11/2019 at 9:12 PM, Munchkin said:

Same as I said to LeXerneas 🙂

On 7/12/2019 at 1:34 AM, LeXerneas said:

hey I can help on the Butterfree but I'm still stuck on Magmar failing to respawn. Butterfree is in Agate Village after you beat Greevil iirc, that or at Gateon Port. Just talk to all the NPC's in the overworld who aren't in buildings in either of those locations and one should have Butterfree

Same as above for magmar.

On 7/13/2019 at 1:32 PM, BasGamingNL said:

is this still being worked on? (i mean the way to add newer pokemon/fakemon)

Yes, but by someone else so I don't know exactly how far along it is.

On 7/14/2019 at 4:14 AM, jrconlon said:

Hello,

Thank you.

Your ISO data needs to be exactly the same as the one I used to create the path. Best bet is to try a different ISO.

On 7/14/2019 at 12:11 PM, anemonedoe said:

Hello I have been trying to download this game only MacBook for a while but its not working.. can someone please post the recent download link? I already have the PKHEX and Dolphin downloaded.. Also Is it possible in the game to hack what pokemon are in it? I would love to start my adventure with a Delcatty in my team! 

You can download the path by following the links in the original post. PKHex won't be useful but if you use the program "GoD Tool" linked in my description you can change it.

On 7/14/2019 at 4:09 PM, Mava said:

Sun does not seem to be providing a boost to the damage of fire type moves, is this intended?

Are you sure? How could you tell? Also, just to confirm, was there a pokemon with the ability "cloud nine" on the field, such as altaria or golduck?

17 hours ago, Matth224 said:

I'd like to report a bug.

In Citadark Isle, the cipher peon Katie has a Rapidash that keeps using bounce. This means that rapidash never goes into the second portion of the move and keeps going up. At least I had Sky uppercut on my Blaziken, so I was able to go through this battle pretty easily, but this can be quite troublesome for players who don't bring/have any move that can counter pokemon that use bounce/fly.

Yes multiturn moves are bugged so they are being removed from the gane, The newly uploaded v1.2.1-2 doesn't have bounce anywhere to be seen.

54 minutes ago, sopadequeso123 said:

Hi! 

I was wondering whether it would be possible to add shiny Shadow Pokémon to the game, without them having the same issue as in Colosseum, perhaps by setting all other trainers' IDs and SID equal to the player's. 

Shinies are already available in XG. When the shadow pokemon is generated, it is generated with the player's TID rather than its current trainer's TID.

1 hour ago, StarsMmd said:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Unfortunately due to my lack of a proper scripting tool in the past, Raikou's appearance flag is slightly later than the other 2. You have to progress the main story by one more flag after beating Gorigan in order for Raikou to appear. 

There is a list of recommended settings on the original post. Hopefully it helps.

Not sure what caused the crash but I'll look into it. Thanks for reporting.

As for the difficulty, I'd recommend using all the tools the game has to offer. There are a lot of great TMs, move tutor moves, a move relearner and a wide variety of hold items available. Also there's plenty of money to go around so don't be shy about buying potions and revives to save trekking back to healing machines.

Make sure your team has a good selection of moves and consider some of the more supporting moves like fake out, reflect, light screen, tailwind, trickroom, etc.

That's odd. You're not the only one reporting this so I'll take a look and see if I can fix it. If you'd like I can help make a special patch for you where you can get magmar somewhere else.

Miror B can also appear at any of the pokespots. Be sure to use the miror radar from your key items pocket to see where he is.

I don't know myself but it should be the same as you would do for vanilla XD.

All evolutions stones are Mt. Battle prizes that can be exchanged for coupons.

I got a bit carried away and ended up making bulletproof immune to a whole bunch of moves 🙂

Same as I said to LeXerneas 🙂

Same as above for magmar.

Yes, but by someone else so I don't know exactly how far along it is.

Your ISO data needs to be exactly the same as the one I used to create the path. Best bet is to try a different ISO.

You can download the path by following the links in the original post. PKHex won't be useful but if you use the program "GoD Tool" linked in my description you can change it.

Are you sure? How could you tell? Also, just to confirm, was there a pokemon with the ability "cloud nine" on the field, such as altaria or golduck?

Yes multiturn moves are bugged so they are being removed from the gane, The newly uploaded v1.2.1-2 doesn't have bounce anywhere to be seen.

Shinies are already available in XG. When the shadow pokemon is generated, it is generated with the player's TID rather than its current trainer's TID.

In regards to the sun damage, I tested it further and came to the conclusion that sun works like this:

Provides a damage boost to special fire attacks but not physical (e.g. will boost Flamethrower but not Flare Blitz)

And will reduce special water damage but not physical (e.g. will reduce Hydro Pump damage but not Waterfall)

Hey Man I adore the game so far!

Do you happen to have an appearance chart? I like to plan my team ahead, so if I know what trainers have what shadow pokemon and what to expect to find for wild pokemon, that would be great!

Hi, I cannot seem to download this game as much as I try. I tried redownloading the rom from a different website, and tried to use the NUPS patch on both roms. Still whenever I start the game, I have eevee and zigzagoon. and the first trainer battle I have, I can only catch tailow, and not a ralts like i've seen online. Can you please help me. this rom hack looks very fun, and I really want to try it out.

I think I might be missing some crucial step, as the title screen shows the next gen art, but I don't have any new things in the game :(

2 hours ago, quil98 said:

Hi, I cannot seem to download this game as much as I try. I tried redownloading the rom from a different website, and tried to use the NUPS patch on both roms. Still whenever I start the game, I have eevee and zigzagoon. and the first trainer battle I have, I can only catch tailow, and not a ralts like i've seen online. Can you please help me. this rom hack looks very fun, and I really want to try it out.

I think I might be missing some crucial step, as the title screen shows the next gen art, but I don't have any new things in the game :(

There is nothing wrong with the game. You just saw videos of an older version of the mod. Most likely 0.9.7 or the 1.0 version.

I believe it was also stated a few times in this thread why Beldum was switched out with Zigzagoon. Also the first one you can catch in the unpatched game is Teddiursa means the patching definitely worked.

Edited by Drexdo

On 7/18/2019 at 9:25 PM, Ronnie246 said:

Hey Man I adore the game so far!

Do you happen to have an appearance chart? I like to plan my team ahead, so if I know what trainers have what shadow pokemon and what to expect to find for wild pokemon, that would be great!

There is a list included with the download link in the "documentation" folder