Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

28 minutes ago, mrichman45 said:

Does Eviolite work on Dusclops?

Yes, it does, the Eviolite mentions in the description that it works for all Pokemon who gained a new evolution in Gen 4. Works on Magmar, Electabuzz, Togetic, Rhydon, Tangela, Yanma, Roselia, Sneasel, Dusclops, Lickitung, Gligar, Piloswine, Porygon2 and Nosepass.

-

On today's streaming note, came across a fantastic showing of the bug currently plaguing Sitrus Berry and made a highlight of the battle to show it in action.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/396421551

To summarize what I believe happened, Earthquake activated my Sitrus Berry, then for some reason Arcanine's +3 Flare Blitz was given Earthquake's targetting properties, and it even cut off the rest of the Earthquake's animation, annihilating the entire field and not even obtaining recoil from Flare Blitz.

Shortly after Dolphin was giving me issues in the middle of a 4 on 1 stallwar that Umbreon was going to win, crashing right near the end.

It'll be a couple days before I play again.

• Like 1

Haven't been able to play this game in months due to just how busy I've been, but I booted up again and am loving it just as I always did.

Just out of curiosity, why on earth does an Alakazam in one of Mount Battle's later zones (I want to say it was Zone 10, but it could have been Zone 9, should have snapshot it or something) know Thunderbolt?!  I mean, I'd love it if Alakazam could know Thunderbolt in the main-series game, because that'd be huge coverage-wise, but it's unconventional to say the least, and since my own Alakazam can't learn it, it just seems unfair, haha.

Just a small thing, feel free to remove it or keep it as is based on your digression, but let's just say that after 7 generations of Pokemon experience, I really thought my Mantine would be safe against an Alakazam. XD

Edited by tjallan53149

So I just beat Greevil and now I got the message from Eldes about Ardos and the last 15 shadow pokemon and I'm confused - where would I find Ardos in these locations? Is he in the colosseums? Where would he be for Outskirt Stand? It's kinda vague and I went to each spot.

2 hours ago, Quinnox said:

So I just beat Greevil and now I got the message from Eldes about Ardos and the last 15 shadow pokemon and I'm confused - where would I find Ardos in these locations? Is he in the colosseums? Where would he be for Outskirt Stand? It's kinda vague and I went to each spot.

If you read the e-mail one more time, you'll notice it says he was speaking to Trainers in each location.

Those trainers have Shadows now.

17 minutes ago, PinkOnion said:

It's just a limitation of the system, since you use all 6 Pokemon now, as far as I'm aware.

Well that kinda sucks tbh, i was super hyped for the colosseum but this change isnt doing it any favours

2 minutes ago, Lennox31 said:

Well that kinda sucks tbh, i was super hyped for the colosseum but this change isnt doing it any favours

I'm not sure if it's possible to give it the same treatment that the other Colosseums were given, where there's that blank screen with the Yes/No prompt that takes you to the PC so you can re-organize beforehand, but I would guess that's intentionally left out, since it's meant to be a 4-streak challenge with the same team like the original.

I don't really mind it, I like having to have my leads try to be a catch-all for everything.

23 hours ago, PinkOnion said:

Yes, it does, the Eviolite mentions in the description that it works for all Pokemon who gained a new evolution in Gen 4. Works on Magmar, Electabuzz, Togetic, Rhydon, Tangela, Yanma, Roselia, Sneasel, Dusclops, Lickitung, Gligar, Piloswine, Porygon2 and Nosepass.

-

On today's streaming note, came across a fantastic showing of the bug currently plaguing Sitrus Berry and made a highlight of the battle to show it in action.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/396421551

To summarize what I believe happened, Earthquake activated my Sitrus Berry, then for some reason Arcanine's +3 Flare Blitz was given Earthquake's targetting properties, and it even cut off the rest of the Earthquake's animation, annihilating the entire field and not even obtaining recoil from Flare Blitz.

Shortly after Dolphin was giving me issues in the middle of a 4 on 1 stallwar that Umbreon was going to win, crashing right near the end.

It'll be a couple days before I play again.

What I mean is will it work in xg

On 3/16/2019 at 4:12 PM, PinkOnion said:

8 minutes ago, mrichman45 said:

What I mean is will it work in xg

This is exactly what I said before. Since Dusclops does evolve into Dusknoir in a later game, Eviolite works on it in XG.

8 hours ago, PinkOnion said:

If you read the e-mail one more time, you'll notice it says he was speaking to Trainers in each location.

Those trainers have Shadows now.

Since it said talking to I thought it just meant he was there and that's the "proof" he was there and I had to find him. My bad. Thanks for your help

On 3/17/2019 at 5:47 AM, tjallan53149 said:

Haven't been able to play this game in months due to just how busy I've been, but I booted up again and am loving it just as I always did.

Just out of curiosity, why on earth does an Alakazam in one of Mount Battle's later zones (I want to say it was Zone 10, but it could have been Zone 9, should have snapshot it or something) know Thunderbolt?!  I mean, I'd love it if Alakazam could know Thunderbolt in the main-series game, because that'd be huge coverage-wise, but it's unconventional to say the least, and since my own Alakazam can't learn it, it just seems unfair, haha.

Just a small thing, feel free to remove it or keep it as is based on your digression, but let's just say that after 7 generations of Pokemon experience, I really thought my Mantine would be safe against an Alakazam. XD

Stars didn't use or copy pasted an existing "learnable moves" database since most of the moves were reprogrammed iirc.

New moves introduced in later generations replaced existing moves, and there were even some small adjustments such as to Psybeam to give the animation to Flash Cannon/Dazzling Gleam iirc (and then he replaced another move by Psybeam to still be able to use it).

That's why there might be some incoherences with the original games. Everything was done from scratch (iirc one more time)

I have a LOT of questions:
-Is The Under accessible? if not, could it be implemented? Will you do it?
-Can you rebattle Miror B anytime you want?
-Will you add gen IV-VII pokemons?
-Its possible to add them or you need to redo the 3d models?

-There are wild random encounters? if not, could they be implemented? Will you do it?
-Its possible to add some character customization like Battle revolution?
-Its possible to add the Battle revolution stadiums maps to the multiplayer mode? Will you do it?

Thanks for your time😄

On 3/23/2019 at 5:04 AM, Starstuff said:

I have a LOT of questions:
-Is The Under accessible? if not, could it be implemented? Will you do it?
-Can you rebattle Miror B anytime you want?
-Will you add gen IV-VII pokemons?
-Its possible to add them or you need to redo the 3d models?

-There are wild random encounters? if not, could they be implemented? Will you do it?
-Its possible to add some character customization like Battle revolution?
-Its possible to add the Battle revolution stadiums maps to the multiplayer mode? Will you do it?

Thanks for your time😄

The under is not accessible.

Yes you can rebattle Mirror B anytime.

There are "wild" random encouters thanks to the Poké spots and the poké snacks.

As for the rest, that's up to Stars to answer.
But I'm just gonna say that you're asking a LOT to someone that is working alone, during his free time, while he doesn't get paid (he deserves the donations guys, a new game costs around $60 atm, and I'm sure you guys have had more fun with this game than other recent game, so please consider it!) and that has some limitations because it's a patch of the original game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

curious to ask, why did beldum got changed to a zigzagoon? the only response i saw was about beldum largely being deadweight, but from earlier versions I played beldum was easily the mvp and zigzagoon seems more like a deadweight utility I benched almost immediately after i got it

49 minutes ago, KFCutman said:

curious to ask, why did beldum got changed to a zigzagoon? the only response i saw was about beldum largely being deadweight, but from earlier versions I played beldum was easily the mvp and zigzagoon seems more like a deadweight utility I benched almost immediately after i got it

Because Beldum made the game too easy and Zigzagoon is good for free items, due to the Pickup Ability.

On 4/2/2019 at 1:37 PM, Blob55 said:

Because Beldum made the game too easy and Zigzagoon is good for free items, due to the Pickup Ability.

Personally I don't think Beldum makes the game easy, in fact, I'd argue it's actually worse than Jolteon or Vaporeon and outright inferior to Espeon. It has a wondrous starting movepool that's useful for attacking and snagging Shadow Pokemon, but it gets into battles I often felt it couldn't stay in for without being vaporized by Dark or Ground STAB and by mid/lategame are when its stats really show until you evolve it into Metagross. Don't get the wrong idea though. It was my MVP, and these were back in the older patches where you only had Beldum as your starter.

I used Zigzagoon like a few times for a Reflect and then immediately benched it. I think Zigzagoon would've been infinitely better off if it were an early shadow Pokemon because at least then you could justify it potentially getting good moves to patch up its horrible stats. Could you imagine Zigzagoon if it got Extremespeed or Seed Bomb through purification? It'd be an early-game god, even if it'd inevitably suck at midgame.

Edited by KFCutman

I've done most of the post game and found the remaining 15 shadow Pokemon and stumbled onto Suicune, Raikou, and Kyogre as well. I believe I'm playing the 1.20 version, and I can't seem to find Entei, Groudon, or Rayquaza anywhere. I remember someone saying there was a guide for this hack, but I haven't the slightest clue as where to find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

21 hours ago, CallMeHutch said:

I've done most of the post game and found the remaining 15 shadow Pokemon and stumbled onto Suicune, Raikou, and Kyogre as well. I believe I'm playing the 1.20 version, and I can't seem to find Entei, Groudon, or Rayquaza anywhere. I remember someone saying there was a guide for this hack, but I haven't the slightest clue as where to find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Entei is on the deck of the SS Libra. Groudon is on the left side of the lava room that leads to all the dead end trainer, just before the block lifts in Citadark Isle. Rayquaza is at the top of the Key Lair.

12 hours ago, LogicalENG said:

Does anyone know where the TM for Foul Play is?

I'm starting to think I missed it.

Foul Play is in one of the chests in the Snagem Hideout, I forget if it's the chest you open with Gonzap's Key or not.