Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

I had this same crashing problem a while ago when I started playing, on the Dolphin emulator. Turns out the problem was with the dual-core method it used for speeding up the game, and I solved it by right clicking the game and turning off the "Enable Dual Core" I also had to disable dual core in the config menu. After doing that, and the other remedies like synchronizing the GPU and disabling panic handlers, the game ran as normal.

However, after the fight, the overworld ran incredibly slowly because the dual core was disabled, but I solved this by going into the config menu in the dolphin emulator itself and going into the advanced tab and clicking on "Enable Emulated CPU Clock Override" and setting the bar to around 33%, which sped up the game via frame skipping to about normal levels without deteriorating the visuals. Hopefully this works for the rest of you, too.

Edited by ShinyLatios
  • Like 1

I too have ran into the freezing with the Fighting Sim fight after the Shadow Lugia cutscene.

And yes I did turn off Panic Handlers.

Glad to see there are still updates though.

I would love to hear about fixing it in the future.

Also, did the shiney Beldum starter get removed for Zigzagoon? I'm now playing on v1.1.8.

Edited by Tubbywubbydigbick

First of all sorry to everyone who's had issues running the game. It was due to a bug in my code which only crashes on certain versions of Dolphin and on Nintendon't. This has now been fixed and I've uploaded a new version.

On 2/24/2019 at 2:51 PM, Blob55 said:

Could Clamperl -> Huntail change to Lode Stone and Clamperl -> Gorebyss change to level requirement?

I'll look into something similar for future versions.

On 2/26/2019 at 7:52 AM, SurprisedPikachu said:

Hiya again Stars! I thought I would take some semi-thorough notes on things I notice while playing through the newest version of the game! I've got them organized below. I hope they are of some use or help to you, as I would love to contribute anything I can to your wonderful hack!

If there's something you don't understand, feel free to ask! I would be more than happy to clarify on anything necessary! :)

Oddities/Glitches/Misc.:

Hide contents

* In the randomizer, upon speaking to the sailor in Perr & his grandfather's shop (the one who gives you the items necessary for Eevee's evolutions), he will say "Oh, you were raising an Eevee, but you've set it free?". Presumably because there's no data of any Eevee in our party or box to begin with.
* I'm not sure how intentional it is, but when you first approach the Agate Cave to speak to the man that lets you in, you suddenly obtain Berry Juice. As long as you don't speak to the man (thus having him move), you can gain a Berry Juice nearly (if not) every step within a certain range of where he is standing. Across both a randomized and un-randomized version of 1.2.0, this happens. I very nearly got caught in a softlock because every single step I took caused me to collect Berry Juice and I couldn't navigate to speak to the man fast enough before the "You obtained Berry Juice" came up. This also can be manipulated to get an infinite amount of Berry Juice (I picked up 43 before deciding that it was likely infinite and exploitable) and thus able to be sold for infinite money.
*Does the randomizer just swap the species with one another rather than randomizing the parties in each battle? When playing in Mt. Battle, it seems that the former is occurring, which, considering that each area is essentially divided in half by typing, causes a lot of duplicate parties/species appearances. For example, the first half of Area 1 is Ghost-types; fairly basic ones such as Duskull, Gastly, and Misdreavus. In my randomized run, in this first section, each battle (in this first half of Area 1) had some combination of Ivysaur, Pichu, Salamence, and/or Teddiursa, with the "mini-boss" at #5 having Moltres and Marowak (presumably, one of them replacing the Gengar that this trainer has in the vanilla version). I have the exact same thing happen in both Colosseum and XD when a randomizer Gecko code is used, if that contributes any information.
*Lovrina's Bae shows up in the Strategy Memo as a dupe Gardevoir. After looking at how her nicknamed Pokemon are implemented in the game (using the Gale of Darkness tool/randomizer tool) as seperate Pokemon altogether, that's gotta be why...but I'm not sure if anything can be done about that. This also happens with all of her other Pokemon that are nicknamed.
*Something finicky that I wouldn't have noticed if not for playing a randomized copy of the game; one of the Shadow Pokemon I encountered was Unown in it's G form. For some reason, when I scroll to it and view it in the Shadow Monitor, it will show a random Unown form everytime I view it instead of the form I caught (G). This also happens when scrolling up or down and then back to Unown's entry. This doesn't occur in the Strategy Memo, as it correctly shows Unown as G form and does not change every time I view it.
• I had randomized both a copy of 1.1.8 and 1.2.0; when I selected the TM randomizer on both, it was successful for both TMs and Move Tutor moves on 1.1.8 while neither were randomized at all for 1.2.0 after several tries.
• I am also not sure if the option to set trade evolutions to level 36 worked or not. I tried seeing if this would conflict with the existence of the Lode Stone, but only the Lode Stone worked and not the level evolution. I'm not sure if this is because of a conflict between the two methods or because the option, just as the TM randomizer, failed.
• A leftover from the original game is a message that shows when you beat Mt. Battle Zones 1-3. The man at the counter will say something like "Oh hey, you beat the first three zones! Now you can move on to four and beyond!" I forgot exactly what he said, but it was similar to that.
• My opponent had a flame orb get activated when it switched out, but the text said that both it and the partner Pokemon had the orb activated.
• Approaching Kyogre and Groudon is enough to trigger it's battle, while every other stationary requires that you press A.
• The camera angles on menus (such as status menus, PDA, and Purification Chamber) are different between Alolan Ninetales and Kantonian Ninetales. The one for Alolan Ninetales is panned farther away.
• As of right now I'm still working on my randomizer playthrough but completed the regular one of 1.2.0! I'll update with anything else weird I might find! :)

Text issues:

Hide contents

-When speaking to Perr after getting the machine part, he says "Director,Prof. Krane" in one line of his dialogue.
-When the Fun Old Man in Area 1, #5 is defeated, he mentions that you have to "be good to beat my Shroomish," which he does not have in his party in this game.
-When talking to the Abra in the Mt. Battle Reception (in between areas, the one that teleports you back), the text will read "MT. Battle" in every mention of Mt. Battle.
-Krane, in his dialogue with Naps at the Cipher Lab, has a line that reads "I'll teach you why it's such a bad mistake to create  Shadow Pokemon" (there is two spaces between the words 'create' and 'Shadow')
-Before the Naps battle at Cipher Lab, his last line of dialogue before the battle starts doesn't end in a period (although it sounds really ominous without the period, so maybe this was on purpose)
-Every instance of receiving the ribbon after purification (at either the HQ or Agate) shows the word "ribbon" in all caps ("_____ obtained a RIBBON!").
-When delivering the Taylor Swift CD to the disguised Cipher Peon in the Phenac Mayor's house, she says "Sweet! It's "Shake it off"!" I think that the title of the song should be capitalized as "Shake It Off".
-The above capitalization error happens again when checking the music player in the house after defeating both Cipher Peons.
-There's a bookcase in the mayor's house (the bottom one) that has text reading "Phenac City'S History". Just some missed decapitalization.
-Infestation has the description of Wrap.
-The trainer in Area 4, #32 mentions her Psychic Pokemon upon defeat. This is a remnant from vanilla XD, and isn't correct in the context of XG (trainers in the first half of this area use grass types).
- Similar to the one above, the trainer in Area 4, #36 talks about her Grimer and "foul-smelling" Pokemon.
- Upon getting the 5 Sitrus Berries after clearing Area 4, the text says "5 Sitrus Berrys"
- Same for clearing Area 5 and "Lum Berrys"
- Area 6, #51 says "I have a thing for the Ground type." The trainers in the first half of this zone use Ice types.
- Area 6, #54 talks about his unevolved Pokemon, doesn't have any.
- #58 talks about resurrected Pokemon, only uses Dark types.
- Clearing Area 6 will say "2 Rare Candys"
- #62 says "Zone100" with no space.
- The PDA message from Eldes received after the credits roll reads "...Phenac, Pyrite and Gateon" when it should have a comma after "Pyrite".
- Upon defeating Mirror B. for the last time, the dialogue says "Cipher 's" with a space in-between the apostrophe and Cipher.
- The description for Shadow Colours says "Likely to burn,paralyse or freeze the target." It should read "Likely to burn, paralyze, or freeze the target."
- Defeating Exol in Orre Colosseum causes him to say "I-I Lost?" The L in lost should not be capitalized.
- When battling Smarton in the Orre Colosseum, he says "pp" when it should say "PP".
- He also says "You broke my defenses.?"
- Gonzap says "Sangem Gang" in his introduction.
- Gonzap also notes when he gives his title (that Eagun reads) that the player is an honorary Team Snagem member and not a Snagem Gang member.
- Willie says "whew, you smoked my team." The w in 'whew' should be capitalized.
- Eldes says he hones his skills at "Mt.Battle" with no space in between the words.
- Vander has the same error in his introduction and his defeat.
- Stars does the same in his defeat.
- Stars' message when Eagun reads it says "Orre colosseum" when it should say "Orre Colosseum" and "Mt. battle" when it should say "Mt. Battle". Twitter might also need to be capitalized. 😛

Other thoughts:

Hide contents

~Maybe the randomizer can have some sort of option to only allow a species to appear once as a Shadow Pokemon. Somehow with 120ish available Shadow Pokemon slots, I've had a single species appear two or three times. I don't think this is a problem in terms of Pokemon from the same evolution branch both/all appearing as Shadow Pokemon (example: Bagon and Salamence) as that feels more consistent with the feeling of vanilla XG as well as feeling much less redundant than single-species duplicates.
~~A continuation of the above thought: I feel like single-species duplicates in the Pokespot slots aren't as bad as the Shadow Pokemon slots. The player might avoid Pokespots altogether, or feel that with the 120 ~ish Shadow Pokemon "rolls" there is bound to be a team that they find enjoyable. The only other scenario I can think of where repeats might feel disappointing is the Mt. Battle rewards due to the difficulty of obtaining the Pokemon there in contrast with Pokespots. On the other hand, the prize Pokemon are also something the player may choose to ignore or not care about receiving. The game is largely over at that point, and it's pretty unlikely to have species dupes between the three prizes. Even if it happens, it could just be chalked up to "oh well, randomizer."

~In a similar vein to Shadow Pokemon species dupes, I feel that maybe the randomizer could have an option to only allow a move to appear once as a TM. TMs are reusable in XG, which makes a duplicate TM useless as well as taking away a space that another TM could have filled, effectively leaving the player with less TMs. The same may go for Move Tutor moves as well.

Needs more investigation:

Hide contents

-Shiny Shadow Onix turns more and more purple each time Shadow Whip is used. If in Rage Mode, it will turn more and more orange/red-ish. (occurred in randomizer)

Thanks for all the detailed feedback. I'll look into them for the next version 🙂

Playing the newest version and I can’t get to relic forest after talking to Eugen the guy at the entrance is stuck in a loop of giving me berry juice every time I get near him.

Edit: Just noticed surprisedPikachu’s reply mentions a workaround still a bit of a pain especially if you don’t know talking to him fixes it. 

Edited by XModxGodX

1 hour ago, XModxGodX said:

Playing the newest version and I can’t get to relic forest after talking to Eugen the guy at the entrance is stuck in a loop of giving me berry juice every time I get near him.

Edit: Just noticed surprisedPikachu’s reply mentions a workaround still a bit of a pain especially if you don’t know talking to him fixes it. 

I believe I have fixed the issue and have now reuploaded the patch through the same link.

Looks like I have a couple of weeks of free time on my hands due to needing to take paid holidays before April, haha.

I'll be doing a run through of the game on the most recent patch over on Twitch again starting today, if people are curious and want to see the game in action.

Is there a reason as to why the game doesn't use caps for menus or nouns anymore? It's figuratively burning my eyes and turning me off from the patch on it's own which is a shame cause I was really looking forward to a Gen7 Colo/XD game... (Idk why but i really don't like the fact that everything is lower case but other then that I'm really excited so see Gen7 changes~ So thank you for all that...but I would honestly pay to get the caps back @-@)

(On an unrelated note...I kinda wished they'd just use all of Coloseeum's battle music...it was much better imo...)

2 hours ago, Marrionetta said:

Is there a reason as to why the game doesn't use caps for menus or nouns anymore? It's figuratively burning my eyes and turning me off from the patch on it's own which is a shame cause I was really looking forward to a Gen7 Colo/XD game... (Idk why but i really don't like the fact that everything is lower case but other then that I'm really excited so see Gen7 changes~ So thank you for all that...but I would honestly pay to get the caps back @-@)

(On an unrelated note...I kinda wished they'd just use all of Coloseeum's battle music...it was much better imo...)

At least that music plays during all the Colosseum's you can visit in the game, apart from Nascour's nothing and Evice's theme. And you'll want to visit the Colosseums and do all four rounds of each anyway for the items and money if you're planning a playthrough.

On an unrelated note to this, I encountered a crash situation yesterday involving a wild encounter with Porygon2, and I'm not sure exactly what happened. It froze just before I was able to input a command, so I'm not sure if it was an ability trying to trigger from P2 that caused it. Other than that, just a small text problem with Naps' dialogue before you battle him in the Shadow Lab, it looked like the last sentence cut itself off to me. @StarsMmd

Should be proceeding with this again today in the next hour or so.

Quick post regarding some small bugs that I noticed today whilst streaming.

Had an interesting visual glitch when Toxic Orb activated on one of my opponent's Pokemon, it flicked through all the names of the enemy team in the process, saying they all had Toxic Orbs. Of course, that's not actually true.

Also a major one here, I ran into a Rapidash on Mt. Battle, Zone 26, that prepared for Bounce, and never came down. Also noticed this with Solarbeam being charged for infinitely from the AI. Needless to say I didn't have a move that could hit the bouncing Rapidash and softlocked, since the PP never faded from Bounce, as it was just constantly bouncing up into the air.

I'll tackle Citadark Isle tomorrow.

I wonder if anyone also sees this problem in 1.2.0 and 1.2.1. The first time we battle the Cipher Power Rangers, the Purple and Green Rangers have no Pokemon. I believe they were supposed to have Shadow Bagon and Treecko, respectively. Thanks!

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

I wonder if anyone also sees this problem in 1.2.0 and 1.2.1. The first time we battle the Cipher Power Rangers, the Purple and Green Rangers have no Pokemon. I believe they were supposed to have Shadow Bagon and Treecko, respectively. Thanks!

Did you have a Snag Every Pokémon cheat on? Since I've noticed it steals all Pokémon from every trainer.

12 hours ago, RedZone said:

@Blob55, yes. But the same result with the cheat off. This is what I see. 

no pokemon for purple ranger.PNG

Did you save after capturing a Pokémon with the cheat on? If so, then all Pokémon will be gone for all trainers from now on.

Couple more interesting bugs I came across yesterday whilst playing.

If the Aura Filter is knocked off of a Pokemon, that Pokemon is still immune to Shadow Sky's chip damage per turn.

Also, type resistance berries end multi-hit moves on the first hit. See Rindo Berry Swampert ending Bullet Seed Breloom's attack after one hit.

Finishing off the main story today.

2 hours ago, DracBat said:

Hey, i missed a shadow pokemon in the fight against Greevil. Do i need to battle him again?

Yes, you do.

-

On the things I noticed today note:

Rock Slide has a weird animation interaction if it hits a second target after triggering a Sitrus Berry, it looked a little bit like Extremespeed hit the second target.

Also, Lovrina's Fluffy apparently doesn't want to do anything but Cotton Guard, even when at +6. There was one turn out of about the 7 it had where it threw out a random Dragon Claw, but other than that, it was full potato.

Edited by PinkOnion

12 hours ago, Blob55 said:

Did you save after capturing a Pokémon with the cheat on? If so, then all Pokémon will be gone for all trainers from now on.

Yes, afraid so. Good thing I'm not that far into the game. Thanks a lot for clearing that up Blob55!

Yeah Bounce is Glitched. All I am getting is Rapidash sprang up, over and over again. Remedy for me is that I have a snow warning walrein, that i can switch in and out. Also Shadow Sky and Weather moves like hail take it out. Please Fix or remove from game. Happened at Mt. Battle Area 3 Trainer 26

Edited by mrichman45