Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

Hello there!!! First off I want to say I absolutely love this game and I have enjoyed this hack game so much so thank you for doing this. But I do have a few questions that Im hoping either you or anyone else here could answer. First I am still playing on version 1.1.5 but I want to update to v1.1.6. If i download the new version would my current data be replaced? Second, I encountered the suicune bug on v1.1.5, i update would suicune come back to pheanac city after it "ran away"? And last question is what types does pure heart lower the power of? I cant find in the documentation about the ability. But again thank you so much for making this game I greatly appreciate any help. 

25 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

Hello there!!! First off I want to say I absolutely love this game and I have enjoyed this hack game so much so thank you for doing this. But I do have a few questions that Im hoping either you or anyone else here could answer. First I am still playing on version 1.1.5 but I want to update to v1.1.6. If i download the new version would my current data be replaced? Second, I encountered the suicune bug on v1.1.5, i update would suicune come back to pheanac city after it "ran away"? And last question is what types does pure heart lower the power of? I cant find in the documentation about the ability. But again thank you so much for making this game I greatly appreciate any help. 

a. You will be able to use your old save, with any pokemon you have on it.

b. Pure Heart lowers Shadow, Dark, and Ghost type moves' power.

c. I do not know if Suicune will come back for sure, but he said he fixed the bug, so I would hope so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shopow said:

a. You will be able to use your old save, with any pokemon you have on it.

b. Pure Heart lowers Shadow, Dark, and Ghost type moves' power.

c. I do not know if Suicune will come back for sure, but he said he fixed the bug, so I would hope so.

Thank you for the help!

9 hours ago, Shopow said:

Sweet! Full odds shiny, then.

Also, what Farfetch'd, and what about it?

IDK if it's full odds since I somehow got 2 Shiny Shadows, Banette and Gyarados. Either I'm luckier than I've ever been or Stars changed the odds.

There's a Shadow Farfetch'd in postgame, it showed up as Lv 1 but it was OHKOing half my team which were all Lv57-64 with Shadow Fury, a move I hadn't seen before that kept raising its Atk stat. It was also taking no damage from attacks, I tried False Swipe from Zangoose and it did nothing. Took 4 or 5 battles to manage to catch it with more balls over all attempts than most of the legendaries. Then when I checked its stats they were normal for a Lv. 1 and it lost Rattled as its ability. So all in all I'm pretty confused.

2 hours ago, ScizorKing said:

IDK if it's full odds since I somehow got 2 Shiny Shadows, Banette and Gyarados. Either I'm luckier than I've ever been or Stars changed the odds.

There's a Shadow Farfetch'd in postgame, it showed up as Lv 1 but it was OHKOing half my team which were all Lv57-64 with Shadow Fury, a move I hadn't seen before that kept raising its Atk stat. It was also taking no damage from attacks, I tried False Swipe from Zangoose and it did nothing. Took 4 or 5 battles to manage to catch it with more balls over all attempts than most of the legendaries. Then when I checked its stats they were normal for a Lv. 1 and it lost Rattled as its ability. So all in all I'm pretty confused.

The shiny odds were changed, but to what exactly, I don't have the numbers. It's certainly more common, since in the older versions where any NPC Pokemon could be shiny, you could run into about 10 of them before you beat Citadark Isle. (At least, that was my average luck)

That Farfetch'd in question actually uses the Shadow level modifier to it's maximum effect. When you catch it, it's level 1, but when you fight it, it's got level 100 stats. The same goes for another Shadow in the post-game that you'll see, but in reverse, it's actually way lower level than it looks.

12 minutes ago, PinkOnion said:

The shiny odds were changed, but to what exactly, I don't have the numbers. It's certainly more common, since in the older versions where any NPC Pokemon could be shiny, you could run into about 10 of them before you beat Citadark Isle. (At least, that was my average luck)

That Farfetch'd in question actually uses the Shadow level modifier to it's maximum effect. When you catch it, it's level 1, but when you fight it, it's got level 100 stats. The same goes for another Shadow in the post-game that you'll see, but in reverse, it's actually way lower level than it looks.

That's actually really cool, I didn't there was a modifier like that. I've actually caught all the Shadows now besides Ho-oh, so out of curiosity what was it? I didn't notice anything in particular being super weak, since I usually just hit them with Shadow Madness two or three times and paralyze them, all the battles were kinda running together in postgame.

2 minutes ago, ScizorKing said:

That's actually really cool, I didn't there was a modifier like that. I've actually caught all the Shadows now besides Ho-oh, so out of curiosity what was it? I didn't notice anything in particular being super weak, since I usually just hit them with Shadow Madness two or three times and paralyze them, all the battles were kinda running together in postgame.

It was the Dunsparce in Pyrite Town.

On 8/30/2018 at 4:34 AM, sparkswordkirby said:

I think I ran into some strange bug with the pokesnacks that i don't recall seeing in the bug list. I had one pokesnack left in a pokespot, so i just went to it, decremented it to 0(trying to take the pokesnack back), and then bought 10 more to place at a different location. But upon going to any other location, i could only put that one pokesnack in the pokespot, and the 10 i bought aren't being noticed at all. Selling and rebuying them didn't change anything either, they're in my inventory but can't be placed:s

Edit: This happened right after i updated to the latest patch since 1.1.5, if that helps.

This has now been fixed in v1.1.6-2 which is compatible with v1.1.6. ?

On 8/31/2018 at 5:59 AM, rgatton12 said:

I'm trying to be OP and use sm01 shadow rush on technician Scizor with expert belt, but it doesn't feel like it's that strong. How does this hack work with the weak shadow move and technician?

Technician boosts shadow rush like normal. It may still feel a bit weak due to shadow moves not benefitting from STAB and also the fact that the expert belt didn't work on shadow moves. I have made it so the expert belt does affect shadow moves in the latest update v1.1.6-2.

On 9/2/2018 at 8:10 PM, EtrianThotyssey said:

I've been dealing with the same bug with 1.1.6, it looks like the store-bought pokesnacks are a different item in the bag (with the exact same name and description) and they're unable to be placed at Pokespots like the 10 that Duking gives you.

This has now been fixed in v1.1.6-2 .

On 9/2/2018 at 10:58 PM, pikazapper said:

For me, buying Poke Snacks from Gateon Port or Agate Village gives me usable snacks that work like they should, but the ones I buy in Pyrite are listed separately in the bag and don't work at all. The ones from Duking and the herb lady work fine as well.

This is in 1.1.6, by the way. Other than this little hiccup, I've been thoroughly enjoying the variety and challenge in this. It's a ton of fun.

Thanks for the kind words. ? As above ^

On 9/2/2018 at 11:54 PM, dunsparcetheglare said:

Hi I'm really enjoying this hack so far but where exactly am I supposed to level up my weaker mons? I remember in the original game i'd grind at the battle mountain but the pokemon there have gotten a substantial level increase. My highest right now is a level 26 umbreon. 

Good to hear. Try pyrite's duel square and pyrite colosseum as well.

On 9/3/2018 at 4:17 AM, sparkswordkirby said:

Ah yeah this fixed my issue actually. Now my primary issue is that I'm legitimately stuck in an endless void in the realgam tower and don't know if there's any way to get outT_T

Admittedly it was definitely my fault for using a function of dolphin that had a warning of potential game breaking bugs^_^" but I just wish I could find some sorta code to get outta where i am cause right now i'm in an unplayable state outside of being able to run in this giant blue void;-;

Can't you continue playing by turning off the function? If not, you could try the Pokemon XD save editor by @Tux. I think you may be able to use it to change your location to somewhere that works.

On 9/4/2018 at 7:10 AM, pikazapper said:

The Poke Snacks sold at Phenac City's mart are also broken. They get added to the ones I bought from Pyrite.

Edit because I've run into a bit of an issue with an attack:

Hide contents

Shadow Trip seems to be freezing the game consistently for me. I'll have Sableye use it in battle, and on the next turn the game freezes. I've tried picking attacks, switching Pokemon, using an item, and calling on the turn after using it, but all of them result in a freeze. It also doesn't matter whether or not Shadow Trip actually hits. Shadow Snooze, Shadow Trap, and Destiny Bond all seem to work fine from what I've tried. Oddly though, if I use Shadow Trip and it ends the battle, everything seems to continue normally.
I've tried this in Pyrite Colosseum, against one of the trainers standing around in Pyrite, against a wild Tangela, and against the Rider in Agate. All end in a freeze if I do as described. I'm playing it on a Wii using Nintendont, if that matters.

I've had a few reports of shadow trip and foul play (both have the same effect) not working properly. I haven't been able to find the issue yet but worst case I'll remove the moves for a while. If you're playing on Dolphin could you PM me the memory card file?

On 9/4/2018 at 11:26 AM, Shopow said:

Hey, just a quick question. Is the Shadow Pidgeot in Phenac City supposed to be shiny, or did I just get lucky?

It's all luck. The shiny odds in XG are based off the shiny charm/masuda method in the later games so it's not quite as high as the 1/8192 of gen III but still pretty rare.

On 9/4/2018 at 4:17 PM, ScizorKing said:

Hey so I'm having trouble finding Entei. Caught Raikou and Suicune and it feels like I've been all over Orre at this point with no luck. Some kind of hint would be appreciated.

Downloaded this a few days ago and I've been playing pretty much nonstop, over 37 hours of playtime. XD was my jam as a kid so this is awesome to play.

EDIT: Of course once I said it I ended up finding him.

Glad you figured it out!

17 hours ago, Jayrod said:

You can continue using the same save file in v1.1.6. However, if you saved after encountering the suicune it will not return. If that is the case I could help you reset the suicune's flag.

4 hours ago, ScizorKing said:

IThere's a Shadow Farfetch'd in postgame, it showed up as Lv 1 but it was OHKOing half my team which were all Lv57-64 with Shadow Fury, a move I hadn't seen before that kept raising its Atk stat. It was also taking no damage from attacks, I tried False Swipe from Zangoose and it did nothing. Took 4 or 5 battles to manage to catch it with more balls over all attempts than most of the legendaries. Then when I checked its stats they were normal for a Lv. 1 and it lost Rattled as its ability. So all in all I'm pretty confused.

This is actually a technique used in vanilla XD to make shadow pokemon slightly more threatening by increasing their levels slightly until they're caught. It's usually just a 2 or 3 levels in XD but I thought I'd troll a little with the post game shadow pokemon ?

Hello.  I came across this game a couple of days ago and decided to give it a try.  This is amazing work you’ve done with this.  I’m getting my rear handed to me in some of these boss battles but the difficulty is a huge breath of fresh air.  

I’m really impressed you managed to get alolan forms in here.  Don’t know how you managed that but very nice touch.  

6 hours ago, StarsMmd said:

This has now been fixed in v1.1.6-2 which is compatible with v1.1.6. ?

Technician boosts shadow rush like normal. It may still feel a bit weak due to shadow moves not benefitting from STAB and also the fact that the expert belt didn't work on shadow moves. I have made it so the expert belt does affect shadow moves in the latest update v1.1.6-2.

This has now been fixed in v1.1.6-2 .

Thanks for the kind words. ? As above ^

Good to hear. Try pyrite's duel square and pyrite colosseum as well.

Can't you continue playing by turning off the function? If not, you could try the Pokemon XD save editor by @Tux. I think you may be able to use it to change your location to somewhere that works.

I've had a few reports of shadow trip and foul play (both have the same effect) not working properly. I haven't been able to find the issue yet but worst case I'll remove the moves for a while. If you're playing on Dolphin could you PM me the memory card file?

It's all luck. The shiny odds in XG are based off the shiny charm/masuda method in the later games so it's not quite as high as the 1/8192 of gen III but still pretty rare.

Glad you figured it out!

You can continue using the same save file in v1.1.6. However, if you saved after encountering the suicune it will not return. If that is the case I could help you reset the suicune's flag.

This is actually a technique used in vanilla XD to make shadow pokemon slightly more threatening by increasing their levels slightly until they're caught. It's usually just a 2 or 3 levels in XD but I thought I'd troll a little with the post game shadow pokemon ?

If you really dont mind  I would greatly appreciate if you could help me reset suicunes flag. Thanks you for answering my other questions. Also one last question (sorry its the last one I promise lol) where can groudon be located? I found the three dogs and kyogre and raquaza but not gorudon. I thought it would be where entei would be found on the S.S. Libra but its not there. 

Guest rgatton12
On 9/4/2018 at 10:49 PM, ScizorKing said:

All Shadow Shinies are random I think. 

Also, what is up with Farfetch'd?

Spoiler

Where did you find this Farfetch'd? I feel like I've talked to everyone in the game. I've caught all the Pokemon besides Ho-Oh (don't know where that is either, Mirror B doesn't show up)

Are the starters locked to be male only? I started over and have been soft-resetting for a while (mainly for a female Eevee but also hoping for a Shiny), but I've yet to see even the Zigzagoon be female. The natures are different every time. Is there something I'm missing, or do I just have the absolute worst luck?

Hide contents
On 9/7/2018 at 1:35 AM, rgatton12 said:

Where did you find this Farfetch'd? I feel like I've talked to everyone in the game. I've caught all the Pokemon besides Ho-Oh (don't know where that is either, Mirror B doesn't show up)

Rider Willie at the Outskirt Stand has Farfetch'd. Then Miror B has Ho-oh at Gateon Port once it's the last Shadow for you to catch.

On 9/5/2018 at 7:42 PM, Hiiragi Junior said:

Hello.  I came across this game a couple of days ago and decided to give it a try.  This is amazing work you’ve done with this.  I’m getting my rear handed to me in some of these boss battles but the difficulty is a huge breath of fresh air.  

I’m really impressed you managed to get alolan forms in here.  Don’t know how you managed that but very nice touch.  

Thanks for the kind words. Its all a lot of hard work and perseverance, plus I had help from some talented individuals. Compared to the things that will be possible soon, that's nothing ?

On 9/6/2018 at 1:55 AM, Jayrod said:

If you really dont mind  I would greatly appreciate if you could help me reset suicunes flag. Thanks you for answering my other questions. Also one last question (sorry its the last one I promise lol) where can groudon be located? I found the three dogs and kyogre and raquaza but not gorudon. I thought it would be where entei would be found on the S.S. Libra but its not there. 

Somewhere with lots of lava ?

Remind me which version you're playing on? I'll sort out a special patch.

On 9/7/2018 at 6:35 AM, rgatton12 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That would be my bad. The email with the locations accidentally missed out Outskirt Stand. ?

On 9/7/2018 at 9:52 AM, pikazapper said:

Are the starters locked to be male only? I started over and have been soft-resetting for a while (mainly for a female Eevee but also hoping for a Shiny), but I've yet to see even the Zigzagoon be female. The natures are different every time. Is there something I'm missing, or do I just have the absolute worst luck?

Ah yes, I hadn't even noticed this before. They are indeed locked to be male. This has been sorted out for the next update.

On 9/10/2018 at 4:11 AM, Tyrantium said:

I patched my v1.1.6 to v1.1.6-2 and the Pyrite Town Poke Snacks are still broken for me.

Pokésnacks purchased before the update will still be bugged. You'll need to buy new ones.

9 hours ago, Datch said:

Does eviolite affect magneton in this game or no because magnezone doesn't exist yet?

Pokemon with evolutions in gen 4 such as magneton are programmed to be compatible with the eviolite.

On 9/12/2018 at 3:28 AM, Datch said:

Please don't ask for or share ROMs on these forums. It's against the rules and is a quick way to get forum sites shut down.

On 9/12/2018 at 3:29 AM, Shopow said:

As above ^

9 hours ago, Datch said:

Also is there a macho brace?

I believe it had to be taken out a while back to allow something else to be programmed in.

On 9/14/2018 at 2:54 PM, Datch said:

Also is there a macho brace?

I stand corrected, it's the reward for beating pyrite colosseum the second time.

On 9/15/2018 at 3:16 AM, Jayrod said:

I found groudon and as soon as I found him i bursted out laughing. And im currently playing on v1.1.6. Should I update to v1.1.6-2?

Happy to hear that!

v1.1.6-2 fixes some of the bugs in v1.1.6. I'll make you a new patch based on v1.1.6-2 which will still be compatible with your save since it's from v1.1.6.

21 hours ago, Datch said:

I bought some pokesnax but it won't let me lay them out. What do i do?

Sell or toss out the ones that didn't work. Certain pokemarts sell invalid pokesnacks. I believe the ones in Agate village are good and they should all work in v1.1.6-2.