Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

Hi, I seem to have a problem/glitch that is game breaking in the sense that I can't proceed with the story or even do anything. The glitch is: I'm at the point in the game where they just completed the purification chamber and they are all waiting for me to try it out. However when I go onto the platform, it doesn't trigger the start of the purification process l, basically nothing happens. Please keep in mind this is after I talked to prof. Krane and he tells me to step onto it and the assistant explained how it works. But then nothing happens when I actually go on it. I tried re talking to each npc there but I still get the same results.  Do I just need to use a different build of the hack or did I do something wrong? I provided a video of nothing happening while I try to walk on the platform.

I had a similar experience.

Try standing in the middle of the platform, waiting several seconds, mash A, then wait several seconds. Then move slightly and repeat.

For some reason, the first time you enter the chamber it seems to be oddly sensitive about you standing in just the right place, and for some amount of time.

After that, I just had to hit A once anywhere on the platform.

If you see a green swirl rising around your character, you're almost there.

• 2 weeks later...

Applied the patch through NUPS, it said the Patch didn't match the file but i proceeded to patch it anyways (dunno if i should've or not), afterwards when trying to run it on Dolphin it'd get to the health and safety screen and freeze. Upon further inspection it was giving an error with "Invalid Write to 0x50000002, Pc = 0x801a0298" and everytime i'd click ok, it'd give a similar error with different numbers and sometimes replace "write" with "read". What and where did i mess up?

• 2 weeks later...

Hola el juego esta genial tengo la versión 0.9.6 y cuando descargo las actualizaciones no las puedo jugar. Me podrian explicar como instalar las nuevas actualizaciones.

PD: gracias por el esfuerzo que haces

EDITADO. EDITADO. EDITADO. EDITADO. EDITADO.

Ya solucione lo de la instalacion pero ahora tengo problemas cuando Lily me va a mostrar la Villa Aghata en el mapa se traba el juego, me sale error y me salen muchos códigos.

Para solucionar el caso anterior lo que hice fue hacer los ajustes en el emulador, segun como has sugerido y pues logre superalo.

Ahora el problema lo tengo en que cuando voy a cambiar de zona en el mapa, antes de salir de una ciudad por ejemplo o de una pokespot; se pone en negro la pantalla y la musica continua. Me pasa siempre que voy a cambiar de zona. Lo que hago es que antes de cambiar de zona guardo la partida y cuando se me queda en negro la pantalla reinicio el emulador.

Saludos.

Edited by Cribcel

On 6/13/2018 at 3:19 AM, jumpylaxs123 said:

Good evening @StarsMmd

I went through patch 1.1.5 and i went on the quest for the legendary dogs prior to the shadow Pokemon factory and i successfully caught both entei and raikou however I cannot catch suicune due to a bug thus suicune not appearing after encountering it. The overworld sprite is there however the battle shows no suicune present within battle which causes me to stay stuck within the battle

Missing suicune1.png

Missing Suicune2a.png

I'm having this exact same bug. I captured the other 2 but when I battle suicune I softlock.

Hello there!

I am a huge fan and follower of this hack. And recently I’ve encountered some sort of problem.

I play this game on my hacked Wii on Nintendont. And I recently downloaded the most up-to-date version (1.1.5) and started a new file for the full experience.

I played through up to Pyrite town, with no problems at all. Then during the battles in Pyrite, I started experienced a game-breaking bug. Sometimes in a battle, seemingly randomly after I click my moves for the turn, the game will freeze into place. The music will then start on a 5 second loop. The only way to stop the freeze is to turn my game off. 

Everything up to this point has been smooth. But now all battles seem to freeze. I can’t get through the first Cipher battle in ONBS without it freezing either.   

I cant seem to find a pattern in why or when it freezes. Only that it started happening after I entered pyrite. It happens anywhere now. Wild battles, collosseum battles, and normal battles.

I’m not sure what caused this or how to fix it. But can you please look into this? I really want to keep playing your incredible hack, it’s so much fun. 

Thanks for reading. I hope to hear from you soon. 

-Astral

On 7/2/2018 at 6:06 PM, tjallan53149 said:

Wow, I hadn't even thought about the fact that the different slots likely had different encounter rates, in that case, it would probably make more sense to replace 4 of the 1% Pokemon that still have previous evolution available like Seadra, Primape Quagsire and Golduck (but you seem to be pretty passionate about Golduck, so I suppose you can choose whatever makes sense, haha).

Just an idea, but I'm sure whatever you chose to do will be fine.  The fact that you're willing to put Mantine back in for me at all means a lot and is way more than I'd ever expect from a ROM hacker that's already doing as much work as you are. o_0

The Citidark Isle snags make far more sense now as well, thank you for the explanation!
Thank you again for all your hard work on this amazing game!

Shadow Mantine will be available from v1.1.6 ?

On 7/5/2018 at 12:18 AM, N7Red said:

@jumpylaxs123 did you ever figure out that suicune problem? It's occurring in my game too.

The issue with suicune will be fixed in v1.1.6!

On 7/8/2018 at 10:42 PM, ABZB said:

Any pointers on the easiest way to run the patcher/editor when one only has access to a windows PC?

Patching the ROM can be done using NUPS on windows. To run the editor you will need a virtual machine for mac OS.

On 7/10/2018 at 7:50 PM, dontkillSif said:

Been out of the loop for a while, glad to see you've still been working on this!

:):):)

On 7/10/2018 at 9:03 PM, dontkillSif said:

Started playing this again lol, and a feature request did occur to me.  I know you implemented the physical special split, however there is no way to know currently whether a move is physical or special except through prior knowledge/looking it up.  I was wondering if you'd be able to add in the physical/special icons to the summary screen of pokemon somewhere to indicate this, similar to later gens of pokemon.  Granted, as this would be a visual change, I'm unsure how possible it is for you to do this, but thought I'd ask all the same.

I had the same thought but never quite figured out a good way to do this. It may be possible in colosseum by replacing the contest types of the moves (cool, cute, smart, etc.) with just 3 types which are repurposed as physical, special and status.

I did come up with a potential solution for XD in theory. It will be tricky though so not sure if it will actually work out. Essentially, in the summary screen there is a type matchup chart displayed underneath the moves. I might maybe possibly be able to edit it to show something else.

On 7/10/2018 at 9:12 PM, dontkillSif said:

Also, when did you make the TMs reusable like in black/white?  That's awesome!

Added that in a while back. One of the most important features imo.

On 6/13/2018 at 7:19 AM, jumpylaxs123 said:

Good evening @StarsMmd

I went through patch 1.1.5 and i went on the quest for the legendary dogs prior to the shadow Pokemon factory and i successfully caught both entei and raikou however I cannot catch suicune due to a bug thus suicune not appearing after encountering it. The overworld sprite is there however the battle shows no suicune present within battle which causes me to stay stuck within the battle

This should now be fixed in v1.1.6 which will be released soon.

On 7/23/2018 at 4:54 PM, Arbiter77 said:

Applied the patch through NUPS, it said the Patch didn't match the file but i proceeded to patch it anyways (dunno if i should've or not), afterwards when trying to run it on Dolphin it'd get to the health and safety screen and freeze. Upon further inspection it was giving an error with "Invalid Write to 0x50000002, Pc = 0x801a0298" and everytime i'd click ok, it'd give a similar error with different numbers and sometimes replace "write" with "read". What and where did i mess up?

In your Dolphin settings, you want to disable panic handlers. I think that should solve your problem, assuming the patching part actually worked.

On 8/7/2018 at 1:24 AM, gigaeel said:

I'm having this exact same bug. I captured the other 2 but when I battle suicune I softlock.

This should be fixed in the upcoming version ?

On 8/14/2018 at 6:59 PM, SherlockAstral said:

Hello there!

I am a huge fan and follower of this hack. And recently I’ve encountered some sort of problem.

I play this game on my hacked Wii on Nintendont. And I recently downloaded the most up-to-date version (1.1.5) and started a new file for the full experience.

I played through up to Pyrite town, with no problems at all. Then during the battles in Pyrite, I started experienced a game-breaking bug. Sometimes in a battle, seemingly randomly after I click my moves for the turn, the game will freeze into place. The music will then start on a 5 second loop. The only way to stop the freeze is to turn my game off. 

Everything up to this point has been smooth. But now all battles seem to freeze. I can’t get through the first Cipher battle in ONBS without it freezing either.   

I cant seem to find a pattern in why or when it freezes. Only that it started happening after I entered pyrite. It happens anywhere now. Wild battles, collosseum battles, and normal battles.

I’m not sure what caused this or how to fix it. But can you please look into this? I really want to keep playing your incredible hack, it’s so much fun. 

Thanks for reading. I hope to hear from you soon. 

-Astral

It's possible that one of the pokémon you caught has a buggy move or ability. Which pokémon are in your party when it freezes? Also it would be helpful if you could send your save file so I can see what is happening directly.

On 8/2/2018 at 3:13 AM, Cribcel said:

Hola el juego esta genial tengo la versión 0.9.6 y cuando descargo las actualizaciones no las puedo jugar. Me podrian explicar como instalar las nuevas actualizaciones.

PD: gracias por el esfuerzo que haces

Ya solucione lo de la instalacion pero ahora tengo problemas cuando Lily me va a mostrar la Villa Aghata en el mapa se traba el juego, me sale error y me salen muchos códigos.

Para solucionar el caso anterior lo que hice fue hacer los ajustes en el emulador, segun como has sugerido y pues logre superalo.

Ahora el problema lo tengo en que cuando voy a cambiar de zona en el mapa, antes de salir de una ciudad por ejemplo o de una pokespot; se pone en negro la pantalla y la musica continua. Me pasa siempre que voy a cambiar de zona. Lo que hago es que antes de cambiar de zona guardo la partida y cuando se me queda en negro la pantalla reinicio el emulador.

Saludos.

Muchas Gracias! Yo pienso que la problema es para el emulador porque una veces habas en negro la pantalla pero otra veces no habas. ?Tienes Dolphin 5.0? 

An update:

After some test battles, I’ve managed to narrow down the issue. It began as soon as I evolved my eevee at level 30 into an umbreon after it learned foul play. 

Every single time the game freezes, it specifically happens after I use the move foul play.

There isn’t any particular rhyme or reason to when it’ll freeze, it just always occurs after I use that move.

it could be the next turn, or two turns down the line. But a freeze never occurs with other Pokémon. And it never occurs when I don’t use the move foul play.

The other moves on umbreon don’t cause issues either. From what I’ve seen, this freezing issue has something specifically to do with that move. I’m not 100% sure why or how, but that’s what makes it occur.

I replaced foul play with sludge bomb for the time being and haven’t experienced any freezes yet.

Id send my save file if it wasn’t on a GameCube memory card. Sorry about that. I can provide pictures if need be, but I’m not sure what to send. 

Thanks for the the quick reply too

-Astral

On 15/8/2018 at 18:12, StarsMmd said:

¡Muchas gracias! Yo pienso que la problema es para el emulador porque una vez tengo el negro la pantalla pero otra vez no habas. ? Tienes Dolphin 5.0? 

Si, esa versión tengo. Lo que hago es que cada vez que cambiare de zona en el mapa guardo la partida porque siempre se me pone en negro la pantalla cuando voy a cambiar de zona. Cuando se me pone en negro solo reinicio, y ya esta bien. Eso lo tengo que hacer siempre que se me pone negra la pantalla.

Gracias por dedicar tiempo a contestar. Saludos...

On 8/16/2018 at 6:42 AM, SherlockAstral said:

An update:

After some test battles, I’ve managed to narrow down the issue. It began as soon as I evolved my eevee at level 30 into an umbreon after it learned foul play. 

Every single time the game freezes, it specifically happens after I use the move foul play.

There isn’t any particular rhyme or reason to when it’ll freeze, it just always occurs after I use that move.

it could be the next turn, or two turns down the line. But a freeze never occurs with other Pokémon. And it never occurs when I don’t use the move foul play.

The other moves on umbreon don’t cause issues either. From what I’ve seen, this freezing issue has something specifically to do with that move. I’m not 100% sure why or how, but that’s what makes it occur.

I replaced foul play with sludge bomb for the time being and haven’t experienced any freezes yet.

Id send my save file if it wasn’t on a GameCube memory card. Sorry about that. I can provide pictures if need be, but I’m not sure what to send. 

Thanks for the the quick reply too

-Astral

I've seen another similar report of freezing from pokemon which in hindsight also knew foul play. Unfortunately I've been unable to find any issues with the move when testing it myself and I've looked through my code for foul play and failed to find any issues. Without the save file it'll be hard for me to figure out the exact cause but I'll keep an eye out.

On 8/19/2018 at 4:53 AM, Cribcel said:

Si, esa versión tengo. Lo que hago es que cada vez que cambiare de zona en el mapa guardo la partida porque siempre se me pone en negro la pantalla cuando voy a cambiar de zona. Cuando se me pone en negro solo reinicio, y ya esta bien. Eso lo tengo que hacer siempre que se me pone negra la pantalla.

Gracias por dedicar tiempo a contestar. Saludos...

Lo siento sí mi español es malo. Yo pienso que las opciones de dolphin has la problema. Sí cambias unas opciones probablamente el juego sería mas mejor. 

High End Computers:
Run as admin
Config -> General -> Untick Dual Core and Cheats (Optional, but less likely to cause crashes)
Config -> Interface -> Untick Use Panic Handlers
Config -> Audio -> DSP LLE Recompiler
Graphics -> Direct3D 11 or OpenGL
Graphics -> Hacks -> Texture Cache Safe
Pokémon GX (XD) Properties -> GameConfig -> Tick Synchronize GPU Thread (Only use if you keep Dual Core enabled)

Low End Computers:
Run as admin
Config -> General -> Untick Cheats (Optional, but less likely to cause crashes)
Config -> Interface -> Untick Use Panic Handlers
Config -> Audio -> DSP LLE Recompiler
Graphics -> OpenGL
Graphics -> Hacks -> Texture Cache Safe
Pokémon GX (XD) Properties -> GameConfig -> Tick Synchronize GPU Thread

Hi there!

I am huge fan of this hack and after I played the first version two years ago I had to come back and play the updated version 1.1.6 and I have to say you did an amazing job stars :).

But there is one major problem I have now that you moved some shadow pokemon to the post game. I can`t catch the shadow butterfree no more :(. I searched the documentation and apparently matron sally (Agate village) has it but I can`t challenge her anymore. It`s probably because of the soul dew side quest? Is there a fix for this or can it be moved to another trainer like for example the guy in front of the lab? I already rechallenged the grand master but its the same result she just says sth about her poochyena feeling better.

Would be glad to hear from you stars^^

On 8/23/2018 at 1:23 PM, Kingblack said:

Hi there!

I am huge fan of this hack and after I played the first version two years ago I had to come back and play the updated version 1.1.6 and I have to say you did an amazing job stars :).

But there is one major problem I have now that you moved some shadow pokemon to the post game. I can`t catch the shadow butterfree no more :(. I searched the documentation and apparently matron sally (Agate village) has it but I can`t challenge her anymore. It`s probably because of the soul dew side quest? Is there a fix for this or can it be moved to another trainer like for example the guy in front of the lab? I already rechallenged the grand master but its the same result she just says sth about her poochyena feeling better.

Would be glad to hear from you stars^^

Thanks for letting me know. I'll have that fixed in a couple of days ?

Might be a stupid question. But how does Magneton evolve in this game since it's usually "(level up in Magnetic Field area)"?

I tried searching though all the changelog, but can't seem to find anything about it

Edited by Spaceit

1 hour ago, Spaceit said:

Might be a stupid question. But how does Magneton evolve in this game since it's usually "(level up in Magnetic Field area)"?

I tried searching though all the changelog, but can't seem to find anything about it

In general, pokémon that would normally require a trade to evolve, evolve at level 40 instead in this hack. It is worth mentioning though that this is a generation 3 game so magneton is unable to evolve. 

• Like 1

I think I ran into some strange bug with the pokesnacks that i don't recall seeing in the bug list. I had one pokesnack left in a pokespot, so i just went to it, decremented it to 0(trying to take the pokesnack back), and then bought 10 more to place at a different location. But upon going to any other location, i could only put that one pokesnack in the pokespot, and the 10 i bought aren't being noticed at all. Selling and rebuying them didn't change anything either, they're in my inventory but can't be placed:s

Edit: This happened right after i updated to the latest patch since 1.1.5, if that helps.

Edited by sparkswordkirby
Extra clarification

Guest rgatton12

I'm trying to be OP and use sm01 shadow rush on technician Scizor with expert belt, but it doesn't feel like it's that strong. How does this hack work with the weak shadow move and technician?

On 8/29/2018 at 11:34 PM, sparkswordkirby said:

I think I ran into some strange bug with the pokesnacks that i don't recall seeing in the bug list. I had one pokesnack left in a pokespot, so i just went to it, decremented it to 0(trying to take the pokesnack back), and then bought 10 more to place at a different location. But upon going to any other location, i could only put that one pokesnack in the pokespot, and the 10 i bought aren't being noticed at all. Selling and rebuying them didn't change anything either, they're in my inventory but can't be placed:s

Edit: This happened right after i updated to the latest patch since 1.1.5, if that helps.

I've been dealing with the same bug with 1.1.6, it looks like the store-bought pokesnacks are a different item in the bag (with the exact same name and description) and they're unable to be placed at Pokespots like the 10 that Duking gives you.

For me, buying Poke Snacks from Gateon Port or Agate Village gives me usable snacks that work like they should, but the ones I buy in Pyrite are listed separately in the bag and don't work at all. The ones from Duking and the herb lady work fine as well.

This is in 1.1.6, by the way. Other than this little hiccup, I've been thoroughly enjoying the variety and challenge in this. It's a ton of fun.

5 hours ago, pikazapper said:

For me, buying Poke Snacks from Gateon Port or Agate Village gives me usable snacks that work like they should, but the ones I buy in Pyrite are listed separately in the bag and don't work at all. The ones from Duking and the herb lady work fine as well.

This is in 1.1.6, by the way. Other than this little hiccup, I've been thoroughly enjoying the variety and challenge in this. It's a ton of fun.

Ah yeah this fixed my issue actually. Now my primary issue is that I'm legitimately stuck in an endless void in the realgam tower and don't know if there's any way to get outT_T

Admittedly it was definitely my fault for using a function of dolphin that had a warning of potential game breaking bugs^_^" but I just wish I could find some sorta code to get outta where i am cause right now i'm in an unplayable state outside of being able to run in this giant blue void;-;

Dolphin_2018-09-02_22-28-35.png

Edited by sparkswordkirby

The Poke Snacks sold at Phenac City's mart are also broken. They get added to the ones I bought from Pyrite.

Edit because I've run into a bit of an issue with an attack:

Spoiler

Shadow Trip seems to be freezing the game consistently for me. I'll have Sableye use it in battle, and on the next turn the game freezes. I've tried picking attacks, switching Pokemon, using an item, and calling on the turn after using it, but all of them result in a freeze. It also doesn't matter whether or not Shadow Trip actually hits. Shadow Snooze, Shadow Trap, and Destiny Bond all seem to work fine from what I've tried. Oddly though, if I use Shadow Trip and it ends the battle, everything seems to continue normally.
I've tried this in Pyrite Colosseum, against one of the trainers standing around in Pyrite, against a wild Tangela, and against the Rider in Agate. All end in a freeze if I do as described. I'm playing it on a Wii using Nintendont, if that matters.

Edited by pikazapper
Ran into a problem

Hey so I'm having trouble finding Entei. Caught Raikou and Suicune and it feels like I've been all over Orre at this point with no luck. Some kind of hint would be appreciated.

Downloaded this a few days ago and I've been playing pretty much nonstop, over 37 hours of playtime. XD was my jam as a kid so this is awesome to play.

EDIT: Of course once I said it I ended up finding him.

Edited by ScizorKing