Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

13 minutes ago, Matiri said:

Ok never mind I got it fixed: just had to try out ISOs from many different sites until I landed the right one. I'll try to keep a hold of it this time.

Can I ask which one you found that worked? I've been having this same problem and it's quite frustrating.

Just now, N7Red said:

Can I ask which one you found that worked? I've been having this same problem and it's quite frustrating.

I don't think I should say anything specific, I believe the only thing I can tell you is to google for it and you're bound to find it eventually.

44 minutes ago, Matiri said:

I don't think I should say anything specific, I believe the only thing I can tell you is to google for it and you're bound to find it eventually.

okay, thanks... Can I ask how long it took you to find it lol because I am using a US ISO, it's just giving the same error you mentioned.

15 hours ago, Gardiku said:

Hey guys, is the final fight vs Grevile possible without using shadow Pokémon if I don't plan on catching the shadow Pokémon? My team is Umbreon, Gardevoir, Blaziken, Ludicolo, Mawile and Rhydon. Thanks!

Absolutely. My team consisted of a Vaporeon, Salamence (caught as a wild Bagon), Blaziken, Sceptile, and Metagross, and Absol, and not only did I beat Greevil, I also caught all of the pokemon on one fight. Granted, I had saved up all my Max Revives throughout the whole game for the battle--though I only had to use two.

Word of advice? Priority moves (Bullet punch, extremespeed, mach punch) can really save you if you need a desperation KO. Also, since you're inherently at a disadvantage, save your tanks (Umbreon, Ludicolo?) for later, so if you feel you're in trouble, you can sacrifice one of their turns to revive a pokemon for a net gain in usable 'mons next turn.

Focus Sash is also very useful to guarantee at least one attack that turn when against fast pokemon. Followed up by a priority move and you've got a solid plan to whittle them away.

Also, not sure if it was coincidence or not, but I'm pretty sure the catch rates on Greevil's 6-shadow fight are much higher than usual, for the sake of not being completely impossible.

On 3/6/2018 at 3:20 PM, NishMaster said:

Anyone know how to fix the “Invalid read from 0x018a00c8, PC=0x8013d034” it’s happening every battle and it’s annoying 

Turn off panic handlers. It's the only real workaround at the moment, I think. Though on my build I never encountered those even with those on, so maybe it has to do with the dolphin build? I used the stable 5.0

Another couple issues. I can't fight chobin. It freezes when I attack. And the guy who has solrock in pyrite. I go to attack his aggron and it freezes. Tried this 3 times. Happens every time. Any workaround on these issues?

Edited by Slayerspear

40 minutes ago, Slayerspear said:

Another couple issues. I can't fight chobin. It freezes when I attack. And the guy who has solrock in pyrite. I go to attack his aggron and it freezes. Tried this 3 times. Happens every time. Any workaround on these issues?

Yo, I think this might be because the Aggron and the Groudon both know Gear Shift, which may be what causes the game to crash. Groudon is luck in terms of whether it uses the move or not. Aggron, look back a few posts and you'll see me post a video about this very glitch and my workaround. It is NOT easy... but I did it, so it's possible.

12 minutes ago, Hecto said:

Yo, I think this might be because the Aggron and the Groudon both know Gear Shift, which may be what causes the game to crash. Groudon is luck in terms of whether it uses the move or not. Aggron, look back a few posts and you'll see me post a video about this very glitch and my workaround. It is NOT easy... but I did it, so it's possible.

Ok thanks I'll try using dragon tail to get it out and then use something that can OHKO it

1 minute ago, Slayerspear said:

Ok thanks I'll try using dragon tail to get it out and then use something that can OHKO it

I don't think that will work, will it? Dragon Tail has a 'go last' priority, doesn't it? So by the time it gets switched in, it'll be the end of the turn. You have to get the trainer to switch it in on their own, and predict that happening.... Hopefully you're playing this on Dolphin.

Has anybody had issues with patching the Hack to version 1.0.7-2? I've patched it to 1.0.4 but I've tried everything and it won't patch it to 1.0.7-2. I used a clean iso that hadn't already been patched. I tried to patch it on the patch of 1.0.4 but I keep getting a "patch does not match the file error" I'm using multipatch for Mac if that helps.

• Ditto 1

I beat the game, including Mt. Battle and Orre Colosseum! The postgame additions were great! A few things to note, that I think would be a great addition as well:

The (story) final boss glitches out if you fight him again but you captured all his Pokemon. He sends out nothing (as in, it literally shows the animation of him throwing a pokeball, but then goes right to the player summoning his, and it says "Greevil sends out !" And after assigning your first attacks, the battle victory plays and you gain 0 pokedollars.

I remember in the original, he had a team of replacement non-Shadow pokemon on his team when you capture his Shadow Pokemon. Seems like a good opportunity to make him a postgame superboss or something?

Also, the first battle of the final round in Orre--the pokemon could use an offense buff, imo, since the fight is a total cakewalk compared to what came before them.

15 hours ago, Sunbeam said:

Hi all, just got the patch working, and I really like the changes that I'm seeing so far! Quick question, is the Beldum at the start of the game automatically shiny?

Yes, it's automatically shiny. My question is if the Shadow Absol you get later in the game is supposed to be shiny, or if that was just coincidence on my part...

3 minutes ago, Hecto said:

Yes, it's automatically shiny. My question is if the Shadow Absol you get later in the game is supposed to be shiny, or if that was just coincidence on my part...

Yes, finding a shiny Absol was just a coincidence since Shadow Pokemon in this hack are not shiny locked.  I've personally have caught shiny Phanpy and Electrike.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely loving this game so far!
I'm not seeing anywhere else to post programming errors, and this forum is quite large, so I'm sorry if these things have already been said, but I do have some things to note in case they haven't:

1.) Shadow Gift is outright broken; it's supposed to give +1 defenses to the Pokemon it swaps to, but instead, after swapping, it gives the error "But (insert Pokemon here) doesn't have any PP left to use this move!"  This is the case for both normal and shadow Pokemon that swap in after using Shadow Gift, and I have yet to find a way to get the move to do what it's supposed to do.

2.) Whirlpool only does 1/16 damage at the end of every turn despite many moves (such as Shadow Sky) being buffed to the Gen VI+ 1/8 damage at the end of each turn.  I haven't tested things like Wrap and Fire Spin yet, so I'm not sure if these moves are still at 1/16 as well or if they've been buffed to 1/8

3.) Granted, this one is less of an error and more of a potential oversight, but Combusken is unable to learn Thunderpunch via Move Tutor despite it being able to learn it from move tutors since Emerald Version.  Was this simply done for balancing or was it just not programmed into its move-tutor compatibility?  Is Blazeken at least able to learn it via move tutor?

Another thing I haven't been able to find yet when researching this game online- does this game use Generation III base stats (example: Macargo 50 HP 50 ATK 120 DEF 80 SPA 80 SpDEF 30 SPE) or have all Pokemon been buffed to their Generation VII base stats (example: Macargo 60 HP 50 ATK 120 DEF 90 SPA 80 SpDEF 30 SPE)? Or have they perhaps just been buffed to their Generation VI base stats?  This would be great to know for team-building purposes.

Regardless of whether or not you get around to answering these questions, thank you so much for creating such an amazing hack of one of my favorite games!