Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

2 minutes ago, Grip55 said:

Get the US ISO and don't try to patch the same one more than once, because if you do it won't work. Also check to see if your antivirus is preventing you from downloading the patch or ISO properly.

Oh no I don't after I've patched it and it doesn't work I delete it and copy the original file.

And no my antivirus didn't have trouble with the patch or ISO.
The only trouble I'm having is I patch the game and it doesn't change, like the title is the same the Pokemon are the same and I have no clue why.

I'm using NUPS I got a NTSC US ISO, I got the newest patch and nothing changes.
At this point I'm just getting annoyed at having to redo it over and over trying to patch the thing so I can play the hack but nothing so far.

Just now, Grip55 said:

Did you select Apply patch? Also, tick Notify to see if anything else is wrong.

Pretty sure trying one more time.
Just patched and NUPS says patching done gonna open it now in Dolphin.

Title screen is same gonna look at the first battle cause I know that changes Pokemon.

Nope nothing's changed unless first battle don't count.

9 minutes ago, Grip55 said:

Where does the ISO save? You could have two games listed as Pokémon XD on Dolphin and you keep on opening up the wrong one.

I saved the copy in the XG file where the UPS is, while the original is on my Desktop I am not opening the wrong one I promise you.

I don't know if this has been covered at all yet, but I am trying to trade a Chansey I caught for a Quilava with Duking... but the game keeps freezing up after the trade. I'd really like to get Quilava (Typhlosion is one of my favorite Pokemon~), but I can't figure out what needs to be done. If there is any way that anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

7 hours ago, Rowigrath said:

I don't know if this has been covered at all yet, but I am trying to trade a Chansey I caught for a Quilava with Duking... but the game keeps freezing up after the trade. I'd really like to get Quilava (Typhlosion is one of my favorite Pokemon~), but I can't figure out what needs to be done. If there is any way that anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

At the moment it's impossible to get any of the Johto starters.

On 2/16/2018 at 6:56 PM, Grip55 said:

At the moment it's impossible to get any of the Johto starters.

Ahh darn. Oh well. Thanks for the info! Oh, do you know if it's possible to evolve Bonsly? I know that normally it evolves upon learning Mimic, but I went to the Move Relearner and Mimic isn't available, despite Bonsly knowing it at lv 15 and it being lv 40 when you receive it.

15 hours ago, Rowigrath said:

Ahh darn. Oh well. Thanks for the info! Oh, do you know if it's possible to evolve Bonsly? I know that normally it evolves upon learning Mimic, but I went to the Move Relearner and Mimic isn't available, despite Bonsly knowing it at lv 15 and it being lv 40 when you receive it.

I'd say it can't evolve then.

I'm playing this hack through Dolphin 5.0. Whenever I save my game through the menu I get an error telling me there is no XG save file/ Save failed. Is there anyway I can fix this or am I stuck using save state/lead state.

5 hours ago, Shiou said:

I'm playing this hack through Dolphin 5.0. Whenever I save my game through the menu I get an error telling me there is no XG save file/ Save failed. Is there anyway I can fix this or am I stuck using save state/lead state.

Don't ever use save states, as the game will get very buggy after a while. As for save issues, I'm not sure.

So... Sceptile is Grass-Dragon to account for its mega. Ampharos is Electric-Dragon to account for its mega.

Charizard has a mega that's Dragon-Fire. Eh? Eh...? Charizard finally gets to be a dragon?

EDIT: Fixed the typos (as seen just below this post) because my brain broke when making this message.

Edited by Hecto

10 hours ago, Hecto said:

So... Sceptile is Grass-Fire to account for its mega. Ampharos is Electric-Fire to account for its mega.

Charizard has a mega that's Dragon-Fire. Eh? Eh...?

Sceptile is Grass/Dragon and Ampharos is Electric/Dragon.

Why can't I seem to patch my iso? I know it's the US version, I made sure of it by running it on dolphin and checked it's properties. And yet every time NUPS says that the patch doesn't match the file. At this point it's kinda funny that I somehow manage to have trouble patching every time a new version comes out. 

21 hours ago, Matiri said:

Why can't I seem to patch my iso? I know it's the US version, I made sure of it by running it on dolphin and checked it's properties. And yet every time NUPS says that the patch doesn't match the file. At this point it's kinda funny that I somehow manage to have trouble patching every time a new version comes out. 

Use UPS, as NUPS doesn't work.

I found a consistent game crash that takes place in the postgame against Rider Phil of Pyrite when he has Shadow Solrock. It seems that any time Aggron is allowed to choose a move, the game does a hard crash. This happens in both the stable Dolphin 5 and the unstable build 5.0-5944. Difference is stable 5.0 causes a crash that breaks the music as well, while 5.0-5944 has the music loop the most recently played few seconds of the track. I captured the error logs specifically. If I have any theories, based on the documentation, it might have something to do with the fact that Aggron knows Gear Shift? Seems only Robo Groudon knows it otherwise, and trainers in the battle CDs, which aren't yet active, if I remember right. Could that be it?

FOR THOSE WITH THE SAME ISSUE, THIS IS THE WORKAROUND:

In order to complete the battle, you need to defeat Aggron before it can even DECIDE which move to use. This glitch happens when A, Aggron is on the field, and B, you finish selecting your moves. The moment you make the final button press, in which the pokemon start attacking afterward, the game hard-freezes. SO TO AVOID THIS... you need to make the trainer switch out a pokemon and send in Aggron, and then have your pokemon preemptively attack the pokemon that had been switched, which would therefore attack Aggron instead, and defeat Aggron before the turn ends.

For me, this worked by paralyzing Poliwrath (Thunder Wave via Sceptile) and bringing its HP down to about half. It exhausted all of its Protect attacks (thank goodness it's only 5 PP and the AI loves to spam it for no reason) and on my side, I had a Vaporeon and a Salamence (perhaps two pokemon it considers to be an unfavorable match?). I also spammed Crunch to lower its defense, which might also contribute to it wanting to switch.

Once it did switch (lots of save states to get this working) Aggron came in, and a Crunch + Scald killed it.

This, compounded with the fact that this guy has a Solrock that knows Shadow Boom (and doesn't run away upon being defeated because this battle is repeatable) makes this trainer the perfect storm of a bad time, next to impossible without savestates.

Here's a video of said glitch (and panic handlers) that happened during my stream. This was with the nightly build, but the freezing also happens on the 5.0 build.