Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

Just wondering... do Pokémon with Mega Evolutions in Gen 6+ have their Base Stats set to their Mega Stats? (So starter Metagross has Mega Metagross' Stats) Also, what about Charizard and Mewtwo?

BTW, will the final version with fixed NPC mon movesets be compatable with the current version, or will we need to start a new game again?

Edited by Grip55

Hey there Stars I think I ran into another bug in the game. I'm not sure if this is a bug that only I am dealing with, but the issue is within poke spot encounters.

I seem to crash every time I encounter a wild Pokémon with this error textbox.

wild glitch.png

Edited by jumpylaxs123

1 hour ago, jumpylaxs123 said:

Hey there Stars I think I ran into another bug in the game. I'm not sure if this is a bug that only I am dealing with, but the issue is within poke spot encounters.

I seem to crash every time I encounter a wild Pokémon with this error textbox.

wild glitch.png

Turn off Panic Handlers and you'll stop getting those boxes. Though it won't stop crashes in the overworld, I've yet to get one in battles.

On 1/3/2018 at 6:40 AM, dontkillSif said:

I'd say just be friendly with the save button.  It's a pokemon hack that is still a work in progress, and as things are changed/added to the game, expect there to also be bugs.  That being said this hack is very close to being complete, and is a great joy to play!

Except that saving before the trade doesn't matter, as it's not a random crash, it tends to happen 100% of the time, no matter the settings!

Hey I'm experiencing a weird glitch in version 1.0.7.2. Whenever I start the game and get to the 1st battle of the game, it crashes right after I get to the 2nd turn of the battle and try to pick a move. Can someone please tell me what's wrong with it, cause I really want to play this ROM hack so badly?

Update#1 Turns out turning off Panic Handlers actually fixed the issue for me. What a weird and stupid glitch, seeing as it took me nearly an hour to figure this out.  :(

Error.PNG

Edited by Skeletal-Charizard

3 hours ago, Skeletal-Charizard said:

Hey I'm experiencing a weird glitch in version 1.0.7.2. Whenever I start the game and get to the 1st battle of the game, it crashes right after I get to the 2nd turn of the battle and try to pick a move. Can someone please tell me what's wrong with it, cause I really want to play this ROM hack so badly?

Update#1 Turns out turning off Panic Handlers actually fixed the issue for me. What a weird and stupid glitch, seeing as it took me nearly an hour to figure this out.  :(

Error.PNG

You literally just had to read 2 posts above...

Spoiler

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or is intentional, but in the PC box men, when you select a Pokemon, one of the options for manipulating it is "Naps". It's that marking tool I never use. Thought I'd put that out there.

Treecko has the ability iLightnngrod. I'm not sure if that's intentional. The other ability changes have made sense thus far, but I'm having trouble seeing this one.

Also ,TM03 , U-turn, has the following description: "Radiates a beam of light that may confuse."

Enjoying the game, btw. I loved XD, and I appreciate the cleanup you've put in here. Thanks for doing this!

Edited by Shadolo
Avoiding a doublepost.

Can also confirm the Duking trade glitch. Really quite disappointed, I'm a huge fan of Bayleef and Quilava would be fun to have. Anyone got a remedy, or a timetable on the next update that might fix it?

Spoiler

Also mildly irked that Latias and Absol are so late in the game, but eh, can't win em all. Still, might've been neat to see Lati@s in Phenac under Snattle's command or something, since they can canonically appear as low as Lv 30 anyway.

I've been enjoying the new version of the mod! Streaming it has been a blast so far~ But I do have a bit of a criticism that may have been from the last version, or I simply didn't notice it until now:

Why does the AI spam Protect... like... crazy? Did you up its priority to a million or something? If an enemy knows protect, it's almost guaranteed to use it twice in a row--and it's successful most of the time, too! I've even had the enemy attempt to use Protect three times in a row. Usually it doesn't work the third time, or at all from my experience, but it doesn't seem like normal behavior. ESPECIALLY when that's the last Pokemon left, just spamming protect, prolonging the battle needlessly.

I'm not sure if there are different sets of AI for different trainer levels / skills, but I'm currently in the middle of freeing Phenac City, and the protect spam started there, as well as Pyrite Colosseum.

14 hours ago, Champion Nick said:

Can also confirm the Duking trade glitch. Really quite disappointed, I'm a huge fan of Bayleef and Quilava would be fun to have. Anyone got a remedy, or a timetable on the next update that might fix it?

Hide contents

Also mildly irked that Latias and Absol are so late in the game, but eh, can't win em all. Still, might've been neat to see Lati@s in Phenac under Snattle's command or something, since they can canonically appear as low as Lv 30 anyway.

So far I haven't found any way to get around the Duking Trade Glitch without cheating. I've also tried to use AR codes to change Pokémon found in Pokéspots, but XG is too modified to have any of those cheats work, sadly. You can use an AR code that lets you snag any Pokémon to get Croconaw at Pyrite from Commander Exol (or Feraligatr from Mt. Battle Areas 36 and 88 if you're past that point), Quilava at Pyrite from Cipher Peon Molly (or Typhlosion from Mt. Battle areas 29 and 30) and Meganium from Mt. Battle area 32 (there are no trainer owned Bayleef).

BTW, can anyone with 1.07 check to see if trading is doable? 1.07 save files work with the latest version so maybe it's a workaround? Then again, the link to download 1.07 is gone.

Edited by Grip55

6 hours ago, Grip55 said:

So far I haven't found any way to get around the Duking Trade Glitch without cheating. I've also tried to use AR codes to change Pokémon found in Pokéspots, but XG is too modified to have any of those cheats work, sadly. You can use an AR code that lets you snag any Pokémon to get Croconaw at Pyrite from Commander Exol (or Feraligatr from Mt. Battle Areas 36 and 88 if you're past that point), Quilava at Pyrite from Cipher Peon Molly (or Typhlosion from Mt. Battle areas 29 and 30) and Meganium from Mt. Battle area 32 (there are no trainer owned Bayleef).

BTW, can anyone with 1.07 check to see if trading is doable? 1.07 save files work with the latest version so maybe it's a workaround? Then again, the link to download 1.07 is gone.

Mm. Strange, I tried to use the snag any Pokemon cheat. The instant I used it, it broke the game in Cipher lab by causing every single Trainer to no longer have any Pokemon from that point on. Already on my way to the Key lair too. Any way to make the snag code work?

13 hours ago, Hecto said:

I've been enjoying the new version of the mod! Streaming it has been a blast so far~ But I do have a bit of a criticism that may have been from the last version, or I simply didn't notice it until now:

Why does the AI spam Protect... like... crazy? Did you up its priority to a million or something? If an enemy knows protect, it's almost guaranteed to use it twice in a row--and it's successful most of the time, too! I've even had the enemy attempt to use Protect three times in a row. Usually it doesn't work the third time, or at all from my experience, but it doesn't seem like normal behavior. ESPECIALLY when that's the last Pokemon left, just spamming protect, prolonging the battle needlessly.

I'm not sure if there are different sets of AI for different trainer levels / skills, but I'm currently in the middle of freeing Phenac City, and the protect spam started there, as well as Pyrite Colosseum.

Seeing a lotta Protect Spam after Phenac too. Both Peon Smarton on the Libra and, heartbreakingly, Rider Willy at the Outskirt Stand. I hope it's genuinely a bug, because the AI in both matches only managed to whittle off about half my Blaziken's health and nothing more due to the defensive spam, but the matches took ages.

Also, I get a very repetitive vibe from Snagem Hideout. Fighting something like a half dozen or more Absol in a row was really heartbreaking for a fan of em like me. XD

5 hours ago, Champion Nick said:

Mm. Strange, I tried to use the snag any Pokemon cheat. The instant I used it, it broke the game in Cipher lab by causing every single Trainer to no longer have any Pokemon from that point on. Already on my way to the Key lair too. Any way to make the snag code work?

I guess that's another code that no longer works, odd, because you wouldn't think a code like that would be modified as much.

17 hours ago, mike pacheco said:

I do not know if it is a bug, but when completing tower 100 instead of robokyogre, robogroudon, and xg001, they give me a mew, celebi, and the other one I still do not discover, is it a bug? it has a solution?

That's not a bug.

On 1/29/2018 at 2:33 AM, jumpylaxs123 said:

Hi there guys

can anyone tell me if you're running into crashes at certain places like pokespots or the battle on the ss libra. 

I noticed that I cannot progress through the story without resolving this issue. If anyone has a solution to this please reply.

Turn off Panic Handlers.

On 1/28/2018 at 7:48 PM, mike pacheco said:

when I try to exchange a pokemon in pyrite the game freezes

It's not possible to get the Johto starters at the moment.

Edited by Grip55

On 1/30/2018 at 11:30 PM, Xeno1023 said:

so due to some circumstances i have a mac now...so im trying to patch the XD.iso with 1.07.2 and its says patch file cannot be opened. i am using multipatcher. do you know what i am doing wrong of if their is another patcher for OS x?

Use the patcher recommended in the first post.

10 hours ago, jumpylaxs123 said:

turning off panic handlers doesn't seem to work, it would still prevent me from progressing the game and seems to crash.image.thumb.png.12b3ac3f1deca27fe9dc0772136fccf6.png

Recommended settings:

High End Computers:
Run as admin
Config -> General -> Untick Dual Core and Cheats (Optional, but less likely to cause crashes)
Config -> Interface -> Untick Use Panic Handlers
Config -> Audio -> DSP LLE Recompiler
Graphics -> Direct3D 11 or OpenGL
Graphics -> Hacks -> Texture Cache Safe
Pokémon GX (XD) Properties -> GameConfig -> Tick Synchronize GPU Thread (Only use if you keep Dual Core enabled)

Low End Computers:
Run as admin
Config -> General -> Untick Cheats (Optional, but less likely to cause crashes)
Config -> Interface -> Untick Use Panic Handlers
Config -> Audio -> DSP LLE Recompiler
Graphics -> OpenGL
Graphics -> Hacks -> Texture Cache Safe
Pokémon GX (XD) Properties -> GameConfig -> Tick Synchronize GPU Thread

I was hoping someone can help me out.

So I have tried EVERYTHING to patch this game and I do mean EVERYTHING.

First I made sure to get the right ISO file and use NUPS, I patch it and for some strange reason it wasn't booting, so I tried booting the original file and it worked.
I decided to try and patch it again, it's running but nothing is different.

I'm going to try again but I have no clue why it's not working right I know for a fact I must be doing it right.

23 minutes ago, Kinogirl said:

I was hoping someone can help me out.

So I have tried EVERYTHING to patch this game and I do mean EVERYTHING.

First I made sure to get the right ISO file and use NUPS, I patch it and for some strange reason it wasn't booting, so I tried booting the original file and it worked.
I decided to try and patch it again, it's running but nothing is different.

I'm going to try again but I have no clue why it's not working right I know for a fact I must be doing it right.

Get the US ISO and don't try to patch the same one more than once, because if you do it won't work. Also check to see if your antivirus is preventing you from downloading the patch or ISO properly.

Edited by Grip55